I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People gonna wake up tomorrow and find themselves on page 10 saying WHAT HAPPENED!!

LOL, yep!! But only page 5.
I panicked at first, I couldn't post on the other thread, thought I'd been banned or something for some reason. Then I realized what happened.
I was going to comment on the grocery store gift cards. We don't have any of those stores here either, so no gift cards for me either.

On another note, got an email from Ally last night that the savings rate is going up to 2.2, so I thought that was pretty decent.

Ugh, my Walmart is burned for MOs they asked for ID and started putting my address into the system. Then they couldn’t accept my address because it’s a PO Box. They told me I need to bring a bill next time with my address? Really? For a $498 MO???

U G H. That's super annoying!! Have you gotten that from more than one cashier? Are you sitting on a lot of gcs right now? I haven't been to WM since they started requiring DLs for MOs of $1K (which reminds me I need to go check out the sitch for myself). And I was like no way with all the data breaches am I going to put my DL# into your system.

Weirdly, P2 just got a "Selected for You" CSP offer under her account. I'm unclear on how these offers work. The most recent DoC DPs (from May) state that a fixed APR DOES bypass 5/24. This is a fixed APR offer. So, two questions:

Anyone know if it still bypasses? I'm willing to be the DP here.

I'm guessing this does NOT bypass the 48 month Sapphire rule? She got a CSR bonus October 2016 so not even close to being outside the 48 month window.

EDIT: Interestingly, I also have the CSP offer. I've had a CSR, but I upgraded to it and did not receive a bonus. But my last Sapphire bonus was a CSP in March 2016. Bleh.

I thought I saw more recent DP's than that but not sure if it was on a random DoC post or over on r/churning. However, it doesn't bypass the 48 month rule :( I think that was only in the short time when they rolled out the new language, there were already pre-selected offers out that still had the 24 month terms so some people squeaked in, IIRC.

I thought I saw more recent DP's than that but not sure if it was on a random DoC post or over on r/churning. However, it doesn't bypass the 48 month rule :( I think that was only in the short time when they rolled out the new language, there were already pre-selected offers out that still had the 24 month terms so some people squeaked in, IIRC.

That's what I figured. These definitely have the 48 month language. Oh well!

Good news is, if this comes around in another ~16 months, I can get it, cause I won't get any more Chase cards in that time!

U G H. That's super annoying!! Have you gotten that from more than one cashier? Are you sitting on a lot of gcs right now? I haven't been to WM since they started requiring DLs for MOs of $1K (which reminds me I need to go check out the sitch for myself). And I was like no way with all the data breaches am I going to put my DL# into your system.

Only one cashier. She is always there in the morning. I’ll try the afternoon but I think it would just be easier for me to drive out to the suburbs and hit a whole bunch of grocery stores at once out there. I’m sitting on 8k worth of giftcards. (Not worried because I have a backup location and can use them to spend if I need to)

Only one cashier. She is always there in the morning. I’ll try the afternoon but I think it would just be easier for me to drive out to the suburbs and hit a whole bunch of grocery stores at once out there. I’m sitting on 8k worth of giftcards. (Not worried because I have a backup location and can use them to spend if I need to)

Wow you are the MS Queen ...I’d never have the nerve to do that

Loving the new thread!!

PNC - thanks for the tips of putting my savings in Growth mine is at 2.4%. Do I need to make deposits direct into growth or is it ok to put into spend to trigger the higher interest rate. This “wallet” is totally confusing!!!

Not sure on the deposits but to trigger the higher interest rate I just make 5 debit transactions out of Spend. I added my PNC debit card to Amazon and make 5 $.50 reloads with it.

#****ychurning. Had to return a game to gamestop and I realized SO payed with his card that I didn’t have on me. I got the return in cash. Got 167 MR points for nothing.

Just had the same thing happen from a Christmas present return where I did not have the right card with me except they had to put it on a gift card. But my mind was churning with hmmmm, maybe I should be buying things and returning without putting back on CC. Of course I was returning for DS and had DD with me so I lost money on the deal because she used up the GC and then some. I am surprised they gave you cash back.

Wow you are the MS Queen ...I’d never have the nerve to do that

I never thought I would be doing this when I started. I just realized I could get so many more points if I tried this out. It just isn’t possible for me to get a lot of points with just our daily spend.

I have liquidated 6k in one day before. So I’m not floating that much but yeah when I think about it it’s a lot of money.

Phew, finally caught up to the end of the old thread and 6 pages on the new :faint:

Props to @SouthFayetteFan for kicking off the new thread. There's a feeling of old, yet, still 'new' :D

Credit card related chatter:

Got the first half of our SW CP points posted to my account. Woooo! Now to wait on the Priority, which won't happen til Feb (and hopefully trigger the 15% bonus) because one of my charges was pending for a few days. Not a big deal, didn't need the CP until May and I have flights reserved for the time being with points. If fares stay low, my goal is to actually use up some of the $1000 in SW GCs I'm hoarding from the airline credits...:rolleyes:

@DisneyMandC and @SouthFayetteFan: How long did it take your Citi AA Biz statement credits to post after buying the AA eGCs? I bought my $200 eGC (since this was from the Citi AA Biz I got back in July like @DisneyMandC with had the $200 statement credit offer) on 1/10 and still haven't seen anything, yet.

I know, right?!?!
I am getting a little worried, that they won't believe all those miles are actually mine. I no longer have those credit cards, so I can't even pull up proof that I earned all those bonus miles. I would be out almost 95k AA miles :-(
can you go public on social media to get some help? sometimes that's the only way to get their attention ETA- oops I see I'm too late.... you can blast their page with your problem and they will DM you for info etc. No need to give personal info out facebook and twitter work

He can only know what he's been told, and it's all on record on the other thread. I want to know if he has a unique search function that he has developed to find comments since I can't even find my own posts when I want to let alone remember what someone else said.

Either that or he has an eidetic memory.

Learned a new word today! :) I wondered the same if @Lain has a photographic memory. That or he's just the Master of Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!