I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take your Citi AA Biz statement credits to post after buying the AA eGCs? I bought my $200 eGC (since this was from the Citi AA Biz I got back in July like @DisneyMandC with had the $200 statement credit offer) on 1/10 and still haven't seen anything, yet.

You should have gotten the credit by now. I think I got my first AA Biz around that time and I got my credit ages ago.

I'm here!! Wake up this morning to three pages on the old thread, plus this one's already up to four!!

Still no Citi AA Biz in my mailbox today... :sad2: $137 on my CFU this morning at the vet that I was hoping to put on that card instead!
It took a really long time for me to receive my CitiBiz AA cards - like 10 days each for both me and my wife.

I haven't. Doesn't that make it public for anyone to see? I called yesterday and she can see when it was sent to the department that investigates, and said it takes 2-4 weeks.
I did just find the initial email I got signing up for AA back in 2017, so that at least shows it was originally my account.
You can message them privately but doing it publicly makes it more likely they’ll respond because they don’t want negative publicity. You could do something like “Missing AA miles Can u help?”

Having a time with Marriott SPG accts.... I got emails saying I needed to combine(?) accts by a certain date.... now I;ve already linked them and can see our SPG activity under marriott acct number....and when I try to do anything more it errors out.....am I going to regret ignoring this? I don;t see what else I would have to do here

Loving the new thread!!

PNC - thanks for the tips of putting my savings in Growth mine is at 2.4%. Do I need to make deposits direct into growth or is it ok to put into spend to trigger the higher interest rate. This “wallet” is totally confusing!!!

The details actually say the direct deposits need to go into Spend. Agree with the wallet being confusing! My first account I got the confirmation with 3 account numbers and I was just like what???

Has anyone found a way to view the details of a Chase offer without actually adding it? I am a little paranoid to add things that I am interested in fear of missing a better offer after the double Staples promo. However, I also want to know the max value back and restrictions of the offer!

Phew, finally caught up to the end of the old thread and 6 pages on the new :faint:

Props to @SouthFayetteFan for kicking off the new thread. There's a feeling of old, yet, still 'new' :D

Credit card related chatter:

Got the first half of our SW CP points posted to my account. Woooo! Now to wait on the Priority, which won't happen til Feb (and hopefully trigger the 15% bonus) because one of my charges was pending for a few days. Not a big deal, didn't need the CP until May and I have flights reserved for the time being with points. If fares stay low, my goal is to actually use up some of the $1000 in SW GCs I'm hoarding from the airline credits...:rolleyes:

@DisneyMandC and @SouthFayetteFan: How long did it take your Citi AA Biz statement credits to post after buying the AA eGCs? I bought my $200 eGC (since this was from the Citi AA Biz I got back in July like @DisneyMandC with had the $200 statement credit offer) on 1/10 and still haven't seen anything, yet.

Mine took three days to get the credit. I purchased 1/6, got the credit 1/9, and my statement closed 1/10. I think @SouthFayetteFan's also posted right before his statement closed, if I remember correctly.

PSA for Ibotta users - DoC just posted that they're now deducting $3.99 inactivity fee if you don't use it for 180 days. Boo!

Booooo!

Is there any reason I shouldn't just toss my old CSP in the trash? Card is closed and that CC number is no longer active because the card was compromised, so my CFU that I PCed to has a new number on it.

So I keep wavering on my next move from:

No move- keep the cards I have and focus on building URs and MRs

to

Get the United Mileage card with my 50,000 bonus points mailer.

to

Cancelling or PCing my CSP to a CFU. DH has a CSP and we don't both need it since it has an AF.

Now I am thinking-
1. Forget the United card for me. DH has one. We don't need two. The bonus points will come in handy if we ever take that trip to Europe we talk about. But other than that we don't fly United and when we finally do go to Europe I can transfer URs to his United account.

2. Don't PC or cancel my CSP. I use it a lot. If Chase ever takes away the ability to transfer URs between household members I will want both of us to have one.
How many people here with a P2 where both of you hold the CSP? Should I still consider cancelling one?

3. Apply for the CFU to use on any purchase that is not a bonus category on my other cards. This will help boost my UR stash.

I will be 3/24 next month. DH is a reluctant P2 who is at 2/24. Because he is not fully on board I plan to only get one or maybe two cards in 2019.

The main cards I use are:

CSP and Amex Everday for most purchases.

CF for bonus categories.

Discover IT for bonus categories.

I do not want business cards or high AFs.

Any thoughts on adding the CFU? Should I PC my CSP to CFU or keep the CSP?

Mine took three days to get the credit. I purchased 1/6, got the credit 1/9, and my statement closed 1/10. I think @SouthFayetteFan's also posted right before his statement closed, if I remember correctly.

Trying to be hopeful it has to do with the statement closing date. Of course, my statement closed 1/8 and I made my eGC purchase on 1/10, so if the protocol is for it to post right before statement closing, I get to wait until the week of 2/8 to see it :badpc:

DOC posted a PSA about funding Chase accounts with ACH transfers hahaha. I should have read the comments better on the original bonus page. Glad the DPs are linked in the top of the post for future bank bonus readers.

This perfectly sums up how I feel:
"It’s a big mistake in the system on Chase’s part because it’s normal for new accounts to transfer in large sums of money and because it gives a bad taste to new customers."

2. Don't PC or cancel my CSP. I use it a lot. If Chase ever takes away the ability to transfer URs between household members I will want both of us to have one.
How many people here with a P2 where both of you hold the CSP? Should I still consider cancelling one?

I would PC it to another CF (since you mentioned that as a 'main card' you use) and leave the option to PC it back to a CSP whenever you may find yourself needing it again.

I am torn on having a comment linking to “best content” or “best tips” etc. @afan mentioned not wanting to make it too easy to find this stuff. I’m not sure of the thoughts there of the entire community..:

I think linking the hotel thread is great but other stuff should go on dischurners. Plus stuff changes so often at least if there's discussion on reddit it's all there and you aren't having to link multiple posts. It could get hectic plus people are always happy to answer questions again.

PSA for Ibotta users - DoC just posted that they're now deducting $3.99 inactivity fee if you don't use it for 180 days. Boo!

All you'd need to do is redeem for one of those buy anything receipts even if it's only 10 cents it'll keep you active.

@elgerber have you told AA you'll be contacting the police to fill out a stolen something report? Really you'd probably do it online and I'm not saying to do it but that might get them moving as well if you don't want to deal with twitter. Though they may not care but technically they are a currency and it was stolen at least in my eyes.

Does anyone know with bofa specifally, but also chase and amex, with these offers are they counting the purchase price for msr or are they taking the offer and the money back into consideration? I'll spend over to make sure but am curious if anyone has experience or read a dp somewhere.

I would PC it to another CF (since you mentioned that as a 'main card' you use) and leave the option to PC it back to a CSP whenever you may find yourself needing it again.

Thanks. I thought about that - probably wouldn't be able to max out 2 CFs. And may get DH a CF at some point.

LOL, yep!! But only page 5.
I panicked at first, I couldn't post on the other thread, thought I'd been banned or something for some reason. Then I realized what happened.
I was going to comment on the grocery store gift cards. We don't have any of those stores here either, so no gift cards for me either.

On another note, got an email from Ally last night that the savings rate is going up to 2.2, so I thought that was pretty decent.

I thought I had been put in Disboard Jail at first, when my only option was to "Like" a post! :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter