I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness! I am so touched and overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the folks on this thread. Please know that even though there are far too many posts to respond to each one individually, I do appreciate each and every one, and they do help :) Such a great group here!

Does anyone know if Lowes or Staples sells Best Buy GC? I need another Roku ultra and BB has them on sale for $88 this week. Was thinking I could get another 10% off if I get a gc first.

I was just at my Staples and no BB GC's. Yours may have them, I can't remember if thats only that they typically carry.

Oh my goodness! I am so touched and overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the folks on this thread. Please know that even though there are far too many posts to respond to each one individually, I do appreciate each and every one, and they do help :) Such a great group here!
So sorry for what you have been through. Prayers headed your way!

Hi guys just checking in from WDW. Sorry for everyone and their recent losses of loved ones.

Compared to our October trips and January trips these “spring break” crowds have actually been surprisingly less.

We spent first night at Marriott Townhouse Suites (brand new) outside of parks and then two nights at CBR. Checked in yesterday for two nights at BLT. I love DVC. Just saying.

For those thinking about it we toured the Riviera models. They are seriously so nice. Now plan in motion to sell our OKW direct contract and buy in there. Just trying to figure it out. Credit cards with 0% interest for at least a year will have a role in the plan. :)

ooohhhh, following. This is interesting!

ETA: So in theory, if I understand what you are saying...I could book a fine hotel collection at 1cpp for $1000 and then cancel it and get a $1000 credit and then use that $1000 credit to pay for disney? Am I understanding right, because that would be like Christmas.

I have to admit that’s exactly where my thoughts went as well. My primary use for MR has been transferring to Delta which the best I can get is around 1cpp.

ETA: So in theory, if I understand what you are saying...I could book a fine hotel collection at 1cpp for $1000 and then cancel it and get a $1000 credit and then use that $1000 credit to pay for disney? Am I understanding right, because that would be like Christmas.

You could always churn through the Platinum cards (and any other MR-earning card) and end up with the Charles Schwab flavor, which lets you cash out all your MRs at 1.25 cpp.

Need to get him AA Business. Last time I tried he was denied for too many inquiries. Credit Karma is being dumb and won't let me log on. So, I can't see where he is at. Assuming the AMEX didn't go on as inquiries since he already has AMEX cards?? So, may try that or he got a mailer for Cap 1 Venture for 60,000 points. I know this will take up a space but he will then be back at 4/24 and then will do business cards. When I got the Cap 1 Venture I got 75,000 SUB but that only lasted a few days. Is this something that comes back around quite frequently or should I go for the 60,000?

I dunno about this one. If Citi denied for too many inquiries, I have to imagine Cap1 will too - they're much more sensitive. And they pull all 3 bureaus when you apply, so it's a tougher denial if you don't get the card. Cap1 seems to have perfectly fine-tuned their algorithm, and although it's impossible to crack the code for sure, some of the denial reasons may offer a clue. They're looking at number of inquiries and new accounts just like everyone else, so if you have a lot it may not be worthwhile. They're also looking at existing revolving account balances - but in the case of Cap1, they seem to be looking for a balance rather than no utilization at all.

Basically, Cap1 may be targeting the vast majority of people - someone who has a few credit cards but not too many, who uses them at least a little every month, who didn't just start opening a bunch of cards (and as such has a low AAoA), who also may pay a little interest here and there on some of their accounts as well. If you happen to have a personal 0% card where you're carrying a balance, or if you have a few cards with high statement balances (that you would ordinarily pay off in full but haven't yet), it may be worthwhile to let those statements close so the balances report to your credit. That may help with Cap1 - but again who knows.

Just some scattered thoughts.

I will keep you posted- right now we have a big ol' credit sitting on my Amex statement and the MRs haven't been refunded - credit came through late last week, so at first I was just thinking that the MR reversal was just slow (and the credit would be offset when the MRs were refunded), but no sign of that yet. I will let it ride and see what happens. I did go back and try to find if there was a reference to what happens when you cancel a MR reservation, but couldn't find any fine print that applied.

Guys I don't know what to say or do anymore. You already know my one girlfriend was out for Vegas because she hurt her knee very badly. Then my husband went into a downward health spiral.

But now, I have just learned that my other girlfriend who was meeting us... died last night. At age 42 this is obviously sudden and a shock.

I feel numb. And I don't know who to talk to about this so I posted here.
@GlamMistress I’m many days behind and just read your post. I don’t know what to say except I’m so sorry. :hug::hug:

Hi guys just checking in from WDW.
For those thinking about it we toured the Riviera models. They are seriously so nice. Now plan in motion to sell our OKW direct contract and buy in there. Just trying to figure it out. Credit cards with 0% interest for at least a year will have a role in the plan. :)

If you bought OKW direct that means you've got the extended expiration. Plus you can trade your contract to any resort. You didn't ask my opinion but I think I'd just keep what you have - you should be able to say at Riviera, yes? I understand the 2 person tower suites will be impossible but I am assuming you will want a larger place. Just my opinion of course.

Has everyone gotten their informed delivery emails today?

Not only did I get it late, but it only showed one piece of mail—which I didn’t get. I did get about six other pieces of mail that had not shown up on my informed delivery email. There is also a magazine that I should get every Monday, and it didn’t come today.

I came here looking for advice: I've canceled everything for my Vegas trip (except flight) and sold all my concert tickets for a tidy sum.

I used 70k Delta miles for the RT flights. Plus I burned my Amex plat credits on Delta comfort+ seat upgrades.

Should I just throw the flight away or go ahead and pay the awful $200 a head change fee? Honestly I'm not sure it is worth the money. Yes 70k miles is worth more than $400 probably - but this is almost like double paying to me.

What you would do?

I came here looking for advice: I've canceled everything for my Vegas trip (except flight) and sold all my concert tickets for a tidy sum.

I used 70k Delta miles for the RT flights. Plus I burned my Amex plat credits on Delta comfort+ seat upgrades.

Should I just throw the flight away or go ahead and pay the awful $200 a head change fee? Honestly I'm not sure it is worth the money. Yes 70k miles is worth more than $400 probably - but this is almost like double paying to me.

What you would do?
I can't really answer that for you, but I had a change fee on my Delta flight booked on miles and they only charged me $150, even though the website showed the fee as $200.

What you would do?

I think it's more of a redeposit fee, isn't it? I have (and likely would) pay the redeposit fee of $200 for 70K since that's roughly $700 worth of miles. I can always find a use for Delta though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter