I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, okay, let's just get it out (i'm not much for hiding my feelings...) I hate the clown. Just sayin. I do not eat mac&cheese. At all. Ever. I love doing my taxes but I haven't owed in like 20 years. I hate 40 degrees. I'm, as my dh calls me, a sun goddess. I'm like Olaf. I like all things hot. We plan to move south to FL. Let's meet up when we do. I bet we will have lots in common :D !
I can’t decide if Florida would be too hot for me. I think I would need something in between. I grew up in Georgia and absolutely loved it there

Its been eating away at me not knowing if I could get a TY bonus from Citi with the forced product change from Forward to Thank You Preferred. I reached out to Citi directly and was told that an account closed/opened due to fraud or a closed product line (Forward) would not disqualify me from the bonus. Glad I now have an official answer!

Dh got an email that our venture cards will be coming in on 1/26. That’s the day we leave for our Harry Potter concert/Disney trip so hopefully the mail comes early! Gotta get some spend on that card from our trip

I can’t decide if Florida would be too hot for me. I think I would need something in between. I grew up in Georgia and absolutely loved it there
I'm a product of TX. I love heat :) I cannot speak for you but Sept for us is so great. Although we love the heat!

So happy our clouds went away for a bit tonight so I was able to see the eclipse. Lunar one's are prettier since there's more to see.

I'm a product of TX. I love heat :) I cannot speak for you but Sept for us is so great. Although we love the heat!
I think Dh would hate the humidity in Florida. We visited friends in Georgia for a week in the summer and he about died

DISchurners NEW Disney World Thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/

This was probably long overdue. I've attempted to organize this a bit better this time around. Please go check it out and add some discussion there. This could be a TREMENDOUS resource for veterans and newbies planning trips to Disney World! I welcome any and all feedback (and can add additional categories if needed)!

I did a default sort to "top" so upvote the categories you think deserve to be near the top of the thread!

EDIT: and try not to down-vote URs just because we're all mad at them :P

Last edited:

Fair warning to all...the support threads will need refreshed in the next few weeks. I'm not going to do it until after I get back from Disney though because it requires a lot of manual approving of comments and I don't want to get behind on that while I'm away at WDW. I'll share a comment here when we do refresh them. Probably the first full week of February!

Take that with such a grain of salt. After seeing multiple data points where it did count against people I recommend you be ready to fight for that bonus (and have a backup plan in case the points don’t come through).

Can my backup plan be to cry? LOL...
It sounded too good to be true! I didn't originally go with the Prestige because it did not seem as good as the CSR and the new changes make it honestly seem worse. I probably won't waste a slot on it or the Premier. It just really annoys me to have a TY Preferred that was forced on me and I can't do anything with it! Using it isn't worth it to me and cancelling it or PCing would reset a TY bonus clock (that IDK is even ticking).

I wish I was more into this when the change was happening. I would have made my Forward a Double Cash card and called it a day. Oh well. I will keep my eye on the UR prize!

DISchurners NEW Disney World Thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/

This was probably long overdue. I've attempted to organize this a bit better this time around. Please go check it out and add some discussion there. This could be a TREMENDOUS resource for veterans and newbies planning trips to Disney World! I welcome any and all feedback (and can add additional categories if needed)!

I did a default sort to "top" so upvote the categories you think deserve to be near the top of the thread!
Threw in my 2 cents!

And DANG! For the record you are thoughly making this a top notch money saving operation!

Decided it’s like a scavenger hunt deciding if I might have anything of substantive tip interest to add there. Really like the topics you picked!
I used our old thread, my own thoughts, and the churning for disney megathread on r/churning as a starting point. I don't really like how the one on r/churning is laid out though as the main post has all the info which suggests the author is the expert on all of it. I am not the expert on each of those categories which is why I want my DISchurner friends to add the content! AND I definitely will add categories if I missed any of significance :)

Which no doubt many of us will be ineligible for because of the post-8/26 restrictions. :( I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

ETA: And wouldn't it be a BONVOY card? Gawd, I hope it's not just Chase or Amex changing their Marriott/SPG cards over to Bonvoy. :crazy2:

dunno, but the guess was a ritz reboot.

dunno, but the guess was a ritz reboot.

Interesting. How does this rumored new card fit in with the news that Chase is going to have the mass consumer and premium consumer cards, and Amex is going to have the small business and super premium consumer cards?

Interesting. How does this rumored new card fit in with the news that Chase is going to have the mass consumer and premium consumer cards, and Amex is going to have the small business and super premium consumer cards?

im not sure either... was interesting comment i heard today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter