I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nuggies - since you can't PM yet - you're going to get a public welcome message :D

Welcome to DISchurners!

You're approved and all set! Access the main page here.

You may find this thread: DISchurners - Walt Disney World Tips! to be pretty interesting if you're planning a Disney World trip!

This is a thread we have that highlights the major news events on the main thread: DISchurners - NEWS Thread! This can be especially helpful if you can't keep up with all the comments here on the DIS!

As a reminder most of the discussion does happen here on the boards. On r/DISchurners you can post your own support links and/or use others' support links here:
And of course there's other info there too including some of our best tips from the thread and advanced strategy discussions that you might want to explore! Welcome, thanks for joining!

Does your CIP have the bonus tracker? (I'd assume from your comment it doesn't). That has kind of been hit or miss but is nice because it will update and say "Congratulations" and then your points go pending soon thereafter. When did the charge post that pushed you over the MSR?
I'm guessing the bonus tracker is super obvious and easy to find right? I looked last month and didn't find it so I gave up but I also wasn't sure if it was in a weird spot or not.
Yes - when you access that card in the UR portal (not the main Chase site) on either the app OR the website it's the first thing you see at the top. It has been inconsistent on whether people get it or not. Hopefully they make it an "all the time" thing soon! (Or maybe they already have and it's just some older apps that aren't showing it)

@snugglebug and @afan - I just want to be clear in case there was any concern that the presence or absence of a bonus tracker meter on the card’s UR portal has no bearing on whether a SUB is attached or if you’ll get the bonus. Since the bonus tracker’s debut, I’ve had cards that did not have the meter and I got the SUBs fine after meeting MSR. I’ve also had cards that did have the tracker and I also got the SUBs just fine after MSR.

Has anyone cancelled yet? When I called my option was to cancel the entire package (tickets included) and get a voucher, but tje insurance cost was non refundable. I was OK with that (although I prefer to keep the tickets) BUT they calculated the insurance cost at 4x the cost I paid on my receipt! So instead of $148 it was almost $600. The person I spoke to couldn't do anything for me except reschedule or cancel the whole package and give me the reduced voucher. She suggested I call back during business hours to speak with finance team.

My other option is to cancel the travel insurance (you have 10ndays to cancel the insurance) and just eat the cost of the flight/hotel ($256) and keep the tickets.
I wonder if they'd refund $148 or $600?!?!?

I've cancelled, but I didn't take the insurance. Refund amount shown was as expected (lost the flight cost).
@kidsfirsttrip 's also seems fine, but they cancelled before 24 hours.

So you need a DP of someone who bought the insurance and cancelled after 24 hours. Anybody? @AmyAnne or @NewbieMom ?

When I called last night they said the part you put on CC should be in the voucher and not refunded BUT I tried to cancel using the insurance and not in 24hr (my tickets took 6 days to come)

I did buy the insurance, but have not canceled yet. I'm waiting for my WDW tickets to confirm so I can link to MDE as that was my sole purpose for getting the package. In the trip documents, it still says pending. I bought my package on Friday morning, so based on your DP, it's taking about 6 days? I would call Delta Vacations, but I just haven't had time and they haven't called me either.

Looking at my detailed bill, my trip insurance costs $140. My flight/hotel package cost about $500. Since I'm after the 24 hr purchase period to cancel for free, I would expect a $500 voucher (and keep my WDW tickets already linked) but lose the $140 I paid for trip insurance which allows me to cancel after 24 hours.

LB002, I would HUCA as the WDW tickets are not refundable so I'm not sure why they would tell you your entire package including tickets will go back to a voucher. You have received them and linked to MDE?

ETA: I'll come back and post my DP around Friday, as I should be getting my WDW tickets by Thursday and then canceling the package on Friday.

Thought about this some more. Maybe the insurance cost is for 1 person, but the system sees 4 tickets and think 4 people, hence the x4? It would be cool if they refunded $600! If you cancel the insurance and then cancel the package, the hotel should still be refundable. So you'd just lose the flight cost, which was $141 for me, maybe similar for you?
I called Delta AGAIN tonight (I have the number memorized now) and got the same rep as yesterday. She said she was mistaken yesterday (ok, was anyone going to let me know???).

I swear, every day I call I get a different story.

So, even though my receipt says $148 for insurance, apparently their cost was $171 (?), so my choices are:
- Voucher for $2678 OR
- Insurance refund of $171, leave the flight and hotel as is (throwaway) and hope that the they don't somehow cancel the WDW tickets. This has a cash value of $2615

DH is more done with Delta than I am and just wants to do option 2 and never deal with them again.

I am worried something will get messed up with the WDW tickets (although they are already linked in MDE) and we will loose all those points and end up with $171, so I am leaning towards the voucher. BUT we typically fly SW, so I may have to get creative to use it.

We have 2 days to decide before the option to cancel the insurance expires.

I did buy the insurance, but have not canceled yet. I'm waiting for my WDW tickets to confirm so I can link to MDE as that was my sole purpose for getting the package. In the trip documents, it still says pending. I bought my package on Friday morning, so based on your DP, it's taking about 6 days? I would call Delta Vacations, but I just haven't had time and they haven't called me either.

Looking at my detailed bill, my trip insurance costs $140. My flight/hotel package cost about $500. Since I'm after the 24 hr purchase period to cancel for free, I would expect a $500 voucher (and keep my WDW tickets already linked) but lose the $140 I paid for trip insurance which allows me to cancel after 24 hours.

LB002, I would HUCA as the WDW tickets are not refundable so I'm not sure why they would tell you your entire package including tickets will go back to a voucher. You have received them and linked to MDE?
If your travel documents have been updated with a WDW confirmation #, you can use that in MDE.

I just posted an update above, they were mistaken about the voucher amount, but she did say the whole package would be refunded with a voucher. I have no idea what would happen to tickets already linked to a MDE account but not yet used (as mine are) but presumably they'd be cancelled?

For those that want to keep an eye on new comments on DISchurners - here's a way to read all comments in most recent order: https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ (reminder you have to be logged in to view this).

You can then click "full comments" if you want to go to that particular thread or “context” to get a better sense of what that response related to. Just another tool to see any new comments that have recently been made.

Another Tip: An interesting way to mark comments you've read is to just upvote every comment when you read it. Then you can easily see which ones you haven't read yet when you come back in.

Last edited:

Honestly I’m not one to pack it all in a carry on so I’m kind of immune to this for once lol!

When I buy my suitcases I just assume the airline is going to bust it and when they do I can get up to $150 towards a new one with minimal hassle. (Rather specific lol. My last one was busted by AA and I wanted like $200 or something- it was super old but nice when it was bought- and AA called and said they could issue me a check immediately for up to $150 or I would need to give them the case to fix/replace with their pick, I took the check.) This method dies if they bust the wheels or handle though as those aren’t covered...
I'm similar. We used to have a huge set of matching Victorinox $$$ luggage, but frankly they got outdated. Super heavy, no spinners, and we had to mail it in for any warranty service, which was $$$. We've replaced our big checked luggage with samsonite and travelon pieces from TJMAXX that have served us well! Although I do like eBags for well designed, moderately priced, good quality pieces and I am looking at adding other ebags items.

I don't know when or what I should upvote. I think all the posts are great.
Lol. Reddit is a different world.
I try to upvote everything on DISchurners: partially because of what I just said about "marking comments" that I've read. But also partially because it makes people feel good :D
I feel like from my basic knowledge upvotes also helps your "karma" which is similar to our reaction score here. Although there is karma for posting and upvotes/downvotes. So basically pooling our # of messages and reaction score here. The karma is basically a rating so people know whether or not you are a good poster. I also feel I have seen some threads? (right term?) require a certain karma before you can join. It probably makes sense to upvote everything on dischurners because we all like/react to posts here.

For those that want to keep an eye on new comments on DISchurners - here's a way to read all comments in most recent order: https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ (reminder you have to be logged in to view this).

You can then click "full comments" if you want to go to that particular thread or “context” to get a better sense of what that response related to. Just another tool to see any new comments that have recently been made.

Another Tip: An interesting way to mark comments you've read is to just upvote every comment when you read it. Then you can easily see which ones you haven't read yet when you come back in.
I think the layout has been my biggest challenge. I know you are a big fan of old reddit so I will try using that to help ease me into it!

I also vaguely remember work blocking reddit on my laptop... hopefully I am mistaken 🤣

@Nuggies - since you can't PM yet - you're going to get a public welcome message :D
Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning.

Based on the look of things I'm on 4 accounts opened in 24 months and my wife is on 2. I might've hurt myself opening the Capital One over a Chase. It seemed like so long ago since I opened the Costco card...I thought I only had 3. Does the CIP not fall under the 5/24 since it's a business card?

05/18 - CITI Costco (Mine)
10/18 - CHASE Amazon Rewards (Wife)
12/18 - SYNCB Old Navy Card (Mine and My Wife)
05/19 - Kohl's (Mine)
09/19 - Capital One Venture Rewards (Mine)

@kidsfirsttrip How did you receive your Delta voucher- snail mail or email? I think I cancelled a day or two after you so I should be getting mine soon.

I wasn't expecting to get the insurance cost refunded. I thought that amount was taken out of the voucher value...?

Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning.

Based on the look of things I'm on 4 accounts opened in 24 months and my wife is on 2. I might've hurt myself opening the Capital One over a Chase. It seemed like so long ago since I opened the Costco card...I thought I only had 3. Does the CIP not fall under the 5/24 since it's a business card?

05/18 - CITI Costco (Mine)
10/18 - CHASE Amazon Rewards (Wife)
12/18 - SYNCB Old Navy Card (Mine and My Wife)
05/19 - Kohl's (Mine)
09/19 - Capital One Venture Rewards (Mine)

You need to be under 5/24 to get the CIP, but it won't add to your x/24 count.

The Capital One points will be good for Disneyland tickets, as you can no longer get that with Chase UR points.

At some point, if you want to do a lot of redemptions through the Chase portal, your wife may want to get the Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR). Personal card, so it'll add to your 5/24. It comes with 1.5x redemptions, so 10,000 URs would be worth $150 travel. The CIP comes with 1.25x. Don't be scared off by the CSR's $450 annual fee. Comes with a $300 credit for anything that codes as travel. It also comes with TSA Precheck or Global Entry credit. The Capital One Venture comes with that too. So you could get TSA Precheck for you and your wife, kids would be able to come through with you. It's domestic only though. You need Global Entry for international, but then kids would need their own. CSR also comes with Priority Pass for airport lounge access.

ETA: Forgot to mention that you can combine all URs within the same household, across all UR earning cards.

I have a 64 with 1 GB available. I def need to size up. I'm glad to see I do not have the oldest phone here. Mine is a 6 and I bought it in September of 2015 right after the 6s came out. My kids like to tell me THEY have the oldest phones ever and I am like well they are newer than mine, so they can't be that old. lol Though 2 of them will also be 4 years old at Christmas and the other will be 3 at Christmas so they probably do have older than most of their friends. I am really surprised at the price point of the 11, it is not that bad I think. I can't believe I am saying a $700 phone is not that much...
DS got a new iPhone for Christmas but prefers his old iPhone 5. So the new one sits collecting dust.

Thank you!

Pretty sure my iPhone 4S will make everyone feel better about their phone (and I've been pulling 10 GB a month since 2012 thru it, and the screen is not cracked) :D

Now I'm gonna start something I can't finish: At what age should a child get their first phone? (Thinking she deserves a perfectly good 4S) Bahaha
I handed down my iPhone to DS when he was in 4th grade. We don’t have a landline home phone and he was at home in the mornings by himself for a bit until my neighbor came over. Service was “only” $25 a month and it made no sense to us to basically to keep the service and not make it into an iPod when he already had an iPad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter