• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in St. Louis on a layover and a Southwest gate desk is having a competition and giving away prizes. For example someone who has a flashlight that isn’t on their phone, the person with the most pennies the winner had 52. What is this?? I’m not sure what they are giving away maybe a giftcard? I have never seen anything like this lol
That person should sell the GC on Raise to pay for the chiropractic care they desperately need if they regularly carry around 52 pennies.

I wonder how long it will be like that?....
all this looks like a good reason for me to avoid Epcot till things are done.... it's gonna be a long wait:sad:
Looks like the Barclays Aviator one purchase offer is back. Might need to get this for DH.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barc...ard-60000-miles-annual-fee-waived-first-year/
@south
It's just there at the MOMA and I didn't realize it until this year. There were 2 paintings I really wanted to see, and I've seen them both this summer (Starry Night and The Scream). Starry Night was even prettier in person, and the yellows much nicer than they show in any of the photos I've seen.
I've seen a few of his painting IRL and no picture ever does them justice.... I tend to stand there and get lost in them... they're so lovely.

Instant approval on a Bonblah card for P2. Not super excited about this one, but at least it was the Bonvoy Business and doesn't take up a /24 slot. I debated getting the Brilliant, but the biz got me another 25k of Marriott points (100k instead of 75k, excluding referral), and I don't have a good way of using the resort credit in the short term. Not sure I'm willing to pay the $125 x2 in order get a free night from this card, but maybe I can get some value out of amex offers? I did consider the Chase Marriott cards, but the SUB is so much lower, esp. because I could refer him from my Biz Plat.

Original plan was to transfer MRs to his brand new Bonblah account with the +30% bonus, but we needed a new MSR to work on. Moving the SUB from his Bonblah account to mine will max out the number of points he can transfer from his account this year, so no need to raid his MR stash.

I think I will be able to transfer the points after his Bonvoy account has been open for 30 days, as long as he has had points activity (hoping that earning points via cc counts), so we should be able to do the transfer and book our Vienna redemption about as quickly as we can burn through the MSR. Flights are booked (united/URs), other hotel rooms are booked (URs,MRs,Bonvoy points), will just need to cover food and any activities. I will need to check and see if I can book tours or anything else interesting using URs or MRs.

aaaaahhhhhh. bad timing-itis strikes again! So my Dsis just wanted thetbasic SWA card,and apped at 40k bonus last week:headache: on my recommendation. now it's at 60k. Have I read here i the past DP of SM'ing to match that bonus? Or calling in? this makes me just :scared::rolleyes1:sad2:

aaaaahhhhhh. bad timing-itis strikes again! So my Dsis just wanted thetbasic SWA card,and apped at 40k bonus last week:headache: on my recommendation. now it's at 60k. Have I read here i the past DP of SM'ing to match that bonus? Or calling in? this makes me just :scared::rolleyes1:sad2:

You can usually ask to match, but if it is the one with $12000 spend, it is not a great deal anyway.

the 60k bonus is tiered...she would get the 40k bonus after a $1k spend....then to get the additional 20k she would have to spend $12k in the first year

we have two motherload junior (wife and 10), a prof slim (that’s mine) and a prof slim jr (6).

I needed a cushioned laptop section as I work here and there when we travel (the only way I can travel ~100 days a year).

Mother-lode would not fit under seat. We have two Juniors and they just barely do. Because of that, they count as a personal item.
Although my wife almost always puts hers in overhead (if room). 10 year old doesn’t because she doesn’t need the leg room.

So technically when we fly it’s 2 Carry-ons; which are the “bigger carry-on” from Away. Note: we’ve never had to check them even flying Asian airlines. And 4 personal items. So we could still bring two more things.

Carry-on is easy for me w/ packing cubes and tight packing, even with my bigger clothes.
I end up carrying the “just in case” medicines: Laxative, Pepto, Tylenol, Dramamine, Benadryl, etc. Both adult and kids versions as well as the toiletries (we use this).
Kids are also fine as they just have their clothes in cubes. Shoes are the crux for them. They wear tennis shoes on plane and only have saltwater sandals which are necessities. Side note: If you have kids and you don’t have these shoes (or something similar), you’re missing out. Waterproof, go with anything, and dry out immediately. Even for my cheap self, spending $30 on toddler shoes is worth it.
My wife was the hard one originally, but she has gotten it down to a science. I’ll attach a couple pics. But take note that she’s a typical Texas girl- big hair and makeup always. So her makeup set is very small and specific for traveling. Likewise, she only brings black/white/grey bottoms and interchanges her tops for outfits, which can be colors or whites/greys. Everything can be worn with everything. She usually brings 1 pair of jeans and one sundress (or 2, if light). Her crux is the shoes, which I usually end up having one shoe or a pair in my carry-on.

Small dress:

Neutral bottoms:

We’re flying out tomorrow and packing tonight, so I’ll take a pic of our medicine bag, wife’s makeup and our toiletries if anyone cares.
It’s just an Orlando/Vero Beach/Bahamas trip, but I’ll post clothes too if anyone cares there either.
I’ll do the same for clothes for Peru next month as it will be more hiking and require a layer or two. So more complex than a simple beach/Orlando trip.
It seems that DGD may just need a new pair of sandals.

Yes - when you access that card in the UR portal (not the main Chase site) on either the app OR the website it's the first thing you see at the top. It has been inconsistent on whether people get it or not. Hopefully they make it an "all the time" thing soon! (Or maybe they already have and it's just some older apps that aren't showing it)

I hadn't looked in the ur portal on it. I'll check since I also need to connect it to my csr once I pc my cfu this week. I didn't have them merge the accounts so I have 2 logins and haven't bothered also logging into the app with the cip, too much hassle.

@Lain not worried if it's not there and msr, I know they're unrelated but that's a good reminder. It'd just be nice to compare to my spreadsheet especially with all the room cancellations while figuring this wdw trip out.

Bonblah confusion. I can not keep all of the new rules straight. DH has a Chase Bonblah opened in Oct 2016. Took the upgrade last year. Is he able to get the new Amex biz bonus?

You know multiple people have to have already done that....

I wonder which is cheaper for them, the individuals that people use or take with them or the big bottles that people might completely drain? My daughter likes their product. I bring my own. So maybe I should bring a big bottle home for her?? j/k

I wanted to mention that WDW has a place where babies can get their first haircut. Not sure if DL has that or not, but if so, that might fun. They do kids and adult too.

Yes, I've had my kids get cuts and pixy dust and also they've cut my hair. It's fun to be the biggest and oldest kid in there!

Need so direction for new cards. I have a kitchen remodel coming plus a new furnance/ac, so we have a lot of charges to use for minimums, around $50k. Here is where I'm at now.

Chase Amazon
Chase Disney
CSR (my main card)
CF
CFU
CIC (for a legit bus)
CIP (same bus)
Delta Amex Person
Delta Amex Bus
Two old Credit Union cards.

I'm at 2/24 per my credit report with the Deltas being new but one not showing on my personal report. I have too much credit line overall and might drop my Delta cards which are at $35k and $25k. My plan was to drop the CIP in February when it's annual due comes up. I have around 400k URs and 130k Delta points. I generally like URs (less so since they dropped Disney as a travel option). Our main airport is a Delta hub, thus why I started those cards but I see now that accumulating Delta points will take a lifetime. We don't have an immediate use planned, but we are starting to think about Hawaii / Aulani.

Wife isn't as fond of this game and just has CF and CIP (for what was a legit bus, and now defunct). She had a CSP 2 years ago and converted it to the CF.

What would you target?

EDIT to add: I'm thinking to get a hotel card. Almost got a Bonvoy, but I'm not the biggest fan of Marriots. Looking at Hyatt vs Hilton brands and plus the IHG for some international travel that may take a while to save up for.
You might want to check out the Chase Ink Preferred discussion thread on DISchurners before applying for any new card.

Bonblah confusion. I can not keep all of the new rules straight. DH has a Chase Bonblah opened in Oct 2016. Took the upgrade last year. Is he able to get the new Amex biz bonus?

Here are the restrictions:

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express.

If DH has or had the SPG Biz, he's ineligible.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who

(i) have or have had in the last 30 days the
  • Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Rewards® Business Credit Card from Chase
If DH still has the Chase Bonvoy Boundless card, he's ineligible.

(ii) have acquired in the last 90 days the
  • Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase

(iii) received a new Card Member bonus offer in the last 24 months on the
  • Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
DH got a new cardmember bonus on the Marriott Premier in 2016, but the last year's upgrade bonus may make him ineligible.

Amex has a different pop up warning for Bonvoy cards that'll tell you if you're ineligible for one of their Bonvoy cards because of one of these restrictions. You might be able to get around these restrictions, but I'll save that for DISchurners.

I generally get mine at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross or Burlington for this reason. I can get a decent hard sided case for a price I'm willing to pay but if something happens, like it comes off the plane smelling like fish (I'm looking at you united (I think) flight BOS to SFO) then I don't mind if I have to toss it cause it got broken the first time I used it or something. I think I had a fabric, before the hard sided came out again (cause we had an old samsonite I had to sit to get it closed when I was 12 but that was a good hard sided suitcase but no wheels), that came off my flight with a rip in it, thankfully was home but it was the first time I'd used it. I had very bad luck with suitcases for a few years.

Plus those stores often have crazy patterns or different colors other than black which makes it more fun. So now I have an electric blue huge suitcase, a teal-ish color 25" or whatever normal checked is and a fun soft side carryon that's brown with owls but cute owls. It's not at all what I'd use for everyday but for travel it's totally fun and not something a lot of other people are going to have. I like my luggage to stand out and border on obnoxious if possible so I'm totally getting one of those suitcase cover things @calypso726 posted about ages ago for our trip to Asia. (and yes I realized I used an excessive amount of parenthesis in this post)

I also got my first luggage set from Ross 12 years ago. I still have it and it's in great condition! While I don't fly a ton, the luggage is used frequently with general traveling for horse shows and also back when DH and I were long distance. I realized the other night that my mom has no luggage at all since she always uses mine on the rare occasion she travels somewhere without me. So she's borrowing my best friend's checked bag and I think I'm going to run by Ross and get her a carry on before we leave next Saturday. Which by the way is now only 9 DAYS AWAY!!

View attachment 434920

I'll get right on that, Chase.

I got another email for the Starbucks CC yesterday... you could just get that instead :rotfl2:

Here are the restrictions:

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express.

If DH has or had the SPG Biz, he's ineligible.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who

(i) have or have had in the last 30 days the
  • Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Rewards® Business Credit Card from Chase
If DH still has the Chase Bonvoy Boundless card, he's ineligible.

(ii) have acquired in the last 90 days the
  • Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase

(iii) received a new Card Member bonus offer in the last 24 months on the
  • Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Credit Card from Chase
  • Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
DH got a new cardmember bonus on the Marriott Premier in 2016, but the last year's upgrade bonus may make him ineligible.

Amex has a different pop up warning for Bonvoy cards that'll tell you if you're ineligible for one of their Bonvoy cards because of one of these restrictions. You might be able to get around these restrictions, but I'll save that for DISchurners.
This has to be one of the most confusing restrictions in all of churning! There's just too many stipulations!

[

Did the company go out of business?
No they didn’t lol. Dh just got his hair cut there last week
I've gone there on Hilton Head Island and got an excellent cut for $7. My tip was more than the cut! Then I went back on a subsequent trip and the place was so crowded it was just too long to wait.
We always use the online check in for haircuts because the waits can get ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter