I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Chase won't let you have a different limit for an AU, but you could reduce your limit on the card she's authorized on. Amex gold lets me have different limits for AUs.

Thank you! Maybe I’ll get a new card with lower limit just for this. I’m surprised there isn’t a card like this for college kids, teenagers, etc.

Exactly. My flight to Palm Springs UA put one of two or three sticky labels directly on the plastic ID spot of my soft suitcase. I peeled it off and it left SO MUCH sticky behind- but I was not going to deal with it when I had friends to catch up with. By the time I got home it was covered in hair! EEWWW!!!! Like, literally 99% of my suitcase they could have slapped it on but no, smack dab on my plastic ID holder is where they chose. That literally took extra time because the surface was the exact size of the tag.... alas they didn’t damage the bag any other way so I’m stuck having to clean it off... Eventually. Alas I still hold the belief airlines will kill my suitcase, one way or another.
Wow, disgusting! I hate that adhesive SO much. I would be so sad if that happened to my bag too. I would need Goo Gone and Lysol immediately :rotfl:

Funny you mention killing a bag... I was watching an agent "gate check" bags on a previous trip from my terminal in boredom. She was tossing them down this little slide when one got stuck. She proceeded to push more bags trying to make it go down. Nope. Got a large stick tool and started shoving the bags. One popped off the slide and plummeted to the ground. Good thing it was soft-sided! 🙄

Wow, disgusting! I hate that adhesive SO much. I would be so sad if that happened to my bag too. I would need Goo Gone and Lysol immediately :rotfl:

Funny you mention killing a bag... I was watching an agent "gate check" bags on a previous trip from my terminal in boredom. She was tossing them down this little slide when one got stuck. She proceeded to push more bags trying to make it go down. Nope. Got a large stick tool and started shoving the bags. One popped off the slide and plummeted to the ground. Good thing it was soft-sided! 🙄
Yikes!!

Sitting in an AS lounge in SEA a few years ago I saw a soft sided bag that had been left behind on a nearby gate check chute. In the POURING rain. Not a plane in site, it was there for a good 20 mins before the next flight came in and it was removed... makes me wonder what the craziest baggage handling stories others have witnessed are?

Genius parenting there. If she moves on with life she realizes she can’t have everything. If she hustles up $600 you’ll know what she’s capable of...
My kids get to upgrade their phones every two years, but that's their Christmas and Birthday present for the year. It makes shopping easy. I have boys though and they could care less about clothes, shoes etc. I buy them clothes off the clearance rack at Walmart and they're ok with that.

I know I'm late to the game on the DME conversation but it's worth pointing out that this is a one-size fits all program.

Disney is planning for folks who are (a) potentially not familiar with MCO, (b) may need to check luggage, (c) likely do not have pre-check, and lastly (d) allow time for potential delays with traffic, security or other unforeseen issues. So Disney operates in that 3-4 hour window as they see fit to ensure that nobody misses their flight because the worst way to end your Disney vacation would be to miss your flight and it is the Mouse's fault.

Now, I've heard people say, why doesn't Disney allow you to pick your window (sort of like "super shuttle" does). Well...if you've been to Disney recently you certainly realize that there are some "interesting" folks wandering around. People would not have the understanding or common sense to realize that they need more time. Everybody would choose "more time at Disney" resulting in panic and potential missed flights once they realize they've cut it too close.

If somebody in the know wants to game the system and "cut it closer", they could probably just tell DME a flight time about an hour after their actual flight and make that work. (I don't know that this works or not, just suggesting it).

For us, I've always felt that the arrival time at DME allows for a stress-free final few hours in Orlando. We arrive with plenty of time, find a quiet bathroom on the lower level to change. Make one last gift shop stop before heading through security and enjoying a leisurely dose of Jersey Mike's with just enough time to use the bathroom before board. I've never found us needing to "waste" more than 15-20 minutes.
Haha - exactly. It's frustrating to Disney veterans because they want every minute of park time they can get but for somebody like you, this timing should ensure a completely stress free trip back to the airport :D
I honestly love me some DME. It is one of the reasons I book actual WDW resorts. Even if there is a wait to head to the resort, it removes a layer of complexity and unknowns from my trip. I also rarely head to a park on my departure day. Maybe if it is a REALLY short trip and I am in walking distance of a park?! That is it. I would personally never attempt AK on my departure day. I also hate feeling rushed. I like a late afternoon flight so I can get up leisurely, check my bags with resort airline check-in, head to a nice relaxing late breakfast/early lunch, and fly home.

Yikes!!

Sitting in an AS lounge in SEA a few years ago I saw a soft sided bag that had been left behind on a nearby gate check chute. In the POURING rain. Not a plane in site, it was there for a good 20 mins before the next flight came in and it was removed... makes me wonder what the craziest baggage handling stories others have witnessed are?
Just terrible!! :sad2:

Maybe that could be a new SW contest. What is the worst luggage handling experience you have witnessed?! :rotfl:

Yep, DD16 was giving a fine dramatic performance today over her iPhone SE which is 'soooooo old'.

I duly advised her she is welcome to upgrade it anytime she has a spare $600 lying around.
My kids get to upgrade their phones every two years, but that's their Christmas and Birthday present for the year. It makes shopping easy. I have boys though and they could care less about clothes, shoes etc. I buy them clothes off the clearance rack at Walmart and they're ok with that.
I used to barter with my parents for expensive electronics. I would make offers like having it count for my Christmas and birthday present. I would even put $100 or some random amount towards it 🤣 If only iPhones existed when they still paid for my devices. I don't think that would have been sufficient.

Has anyone cancelled yet? When I called my option was to cancel the entire package (tickets included) and get a voucher, but tje insurance cost was non refundable. I was OK with that (although I prefer to keep the tickets) BUT they calculated the insurance cost at 4x the cost I paid on my receipt! So instead of $148 it was almost $600. The person I spoke to couldn't do anything for me except reschedule or cancel the whole package and give me the reduced voucher. She suggested I call back during business hours to speak with finance team.

My other option is to cancel the travel insurance (you have 10ndays to cancel the insurance) and just eat the cost of the flight/hotel ($256) and keep the tickets.
I wonder if they'd refund $148 or $600?!?!?

Thought about this some more. Maybe the insurance cost is for 1 person, but the system sees 4 tickets and think 4 people, hence the x4? It would be cool if they refunded $600! If you cancel the insurance and then cancel the package, the hotel should still be refundable. So you'd just lose the flight cost, which was $141 for me, maybe similar for you?

By my calculations P2 hit the MSR on CIP, but no bonus posted. Statement closed last night $200 over what I have noted as needing to spend. I'm hoping it was just too close to statement closing for those last few purchases.

By my calculations P2 hit the MSR on CIP, but no bonus posted. Statement closed last night $200 over what I have noted as needing to spend. I'm hoping it was just too close to statement closing for those last few purchases.
Does your CIP have the bonus tracker? (I'd assume from your comment it doesn't). That has kind of been hit or miss but is nice because it will update and say "Congratulations" and then your points go pending soon thereafter. When did the charge post that pushed you over the MSR?

I have added some interesting information in a new comment on the Chase Ink Preferred Discussion Thread on DISchurners.

Nothing groundbreaking, just something people might find interesting - especially those debating next steps.
I have to admit, I feel like I am a terrible Reddit user. I found the post? and upvoted? it?! I am trying to learn :goodvibes

I am finally watching the Apple Keynote. I am trying to prepare myself for the purchase of a new iPhone, but what CC do I use!? The issue I am having is that pre-sales are this Friday :oops: I have no MSR and my CIP (whose MSR is already spoken for) is in the mail. If I get it by Thursday I could use the CIP and shift the spend to another card down the line. If not, what are my other options? Does only Amex issue immediate card numbers?

I used to barter with my parents for expensive electronics. I would make offers like having it count for my Christmas and birthday present. I would even put $100 or some random amount towards it 🤣 If only iPhones existed when they still paid for my devices. I don't think that would have been sufficient.
My son wants an Occulus VRE for his 15th B-day in 2 weeks. It cost 400. He's been my slave for the last month. It's so much fun watching him clean the house every day. Tomorrow he has to sit through a 10-hour flight to London without complaining. I'm a full-on supporter of bribing your kids.

Haha - exactly. It's frustrating to Disney veterans because they want every minute of park time they can get but for somebody like you, this timing should ensure a completely stress free trip back to the airport :D
I am sure I feel the same about the folks who have never been to DL before! Like, why are you dealing with THIS when you could be doing THIS OTHER THING instead???

@Lain I was going to suggest the similar ones from disney store online...the animator's collection ones. They came in 2 sizes and my DD3 has both. They are seriously adorable. Looks like they don't sell them anymore, but the above PBKids set is very similar.

I couldn't find a picture of the Disney animator's collection princess one earlier, so I linked to the PBK one which is similar. That's the one my DD has. It is so cute! We only have the smaller size though. I wish I got the bigger one too.

Does your CIP have the bonus tracker? (I'd assume from your comment it doesn't). That has kind of been hit or miss but is nice because it will update and say "Congratulations" and then your points go pending soon thereafter. When did the charge post that pushed you over the MSR?

I'm guessing the bonus tracker is super obvious and easy to find right? I looked last month and didn't find it so I gave up but I also wasn't sure if it was in a weird spot or not.

I'm guessing the bonus tracker is super obvious and easy to find right? I looked last month and didn't find it so I gave up but I also wasn't sure if it was in a weird spot or not.
Yes - when you access that card in the UR portal (not the main Chase site) on either the app OR the website it's the first thing you see at the top. It has been inconsistent on whether people get it or not. Hopefully they make it an "all the time" thing soon! (Or maybe they already have and it's just some older apps that aren't showing it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter