I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for another (probably not the last) SW novice question - when I look at my account, I can see my 2 booked flights but not the companion flight (I added it over the phone). It still has “add a companion.” Should it be showing somewhere?
On my account when I look at looked flights...it shows my confirmation number...then below my companions confirmation number ....
What happens when you click on ...add a companion?

Sorry for another (probably not the last) SW novice question - when I look at my account, I can see my 2 booked flights but not the companion flight (I added it over the phone). It still has “add a companion.” Should it be showing somewhere?
Maybe when you called you just added your companion to you RR account and not the actual flight? Do as @palhockeymomof2 suggest and click on add a companion. It should tell you if the companion is on the flight.

I am so happy...to be HAPPY about booking my trip! (if that makes any sense).

Between the loss of URs last year and the drama with AA this year, it's strange, but I haven't been excited about booking our resort. And this year I am (at least for this part of our split stay).

Oh and the $9.90 should get credited by my CSR. I have about $30 left on the travel credit there, so that's cool!
That is fantastic! I love the Contemporary, that is the first resort we stayed at with all 3 of our kids together in 2006. Before that we hadn’t been on a vacation in 10 years! We have been going every year since then. 😍

And @striker1064 and his degree may say I'm nuts but I don't see the high pressure staying put. Granted our coast and water temps are different but we generally don't get highs or lows hanging out for so long. I think it's going to move like some of the spaghetti models are starting to show in my uneducated storm watching opinion.

Right, mostly. So there are two high pressure systems at play. One is the Bermuda High and it is a mostly permanent feature over the Atlantic Ocean. This is the system mostly responsible for moving waves west over the Atlantic (or more accurately, blocking them from turning north). I believe the only similar semi-permanent feature on the West Coast is the Aleutian High. There are a lot of reasons why your weather is more stable, chief among them is a cold water southerly current called the California Current. The East Coast, conversely, has a warm water northerly current called the Gulf Stream and results in much more instability.

The other feature is a building ridge on the east coast. The reason the model runs have varied so wildly is it's been exceeding difficult to predict just how quickly and how strong that ridge will build. A hurricane will not plow into a ridge - it's simply physically not possible. A strong hurricane can weaken a small ridge and move through a weakness.

So that's the question. We know Dorian will turn north. All hurricanes do. Hurricanes are heat engines that move summertime energy from the tropics to the poles, and a constant westward movement is an inefficient distribution of heat. The question is, when will Dorian make that turn? And there are so many variables - if Dorian slows down, it gives the ridge more time to build, which might favor more westward movement first. But if Dorian slows down a lot and intensifies significantly (looks likely), it could be more likely to "feel" a weakness in the ridge and change when it turns north.

Interesting stuff! We can only hope it makes the turn without interacting with any land, but that's looking less likely.

I know, she is so cute! I was able to collect a majority of them by actually visiting WDW (had to buy Figment on eBay)

View attachment 430931

Since I have them all up until today's release I cannot have an incomplete set 😂 I will watch for a decent priced Simba. I don't think I can justify more than $12. I may also need a new place to start displaying them LOL
I have been fortunate to have visited enough and collected most of them too. I also need a new spot because magnets don’t stick to the front of my fridge - only the side. And I also have been collecting other Disney magnets for years so they are competing for space along with the AP ones. 🤣

On my account when I look at looked flights...it shows my confirmation number...then below my companions confirmation number ....
What happens when you click on ...add a companion?
Maybe when you called you just added your companion to you RR account and not the actual flight? Do as @palhockeymomof2 suggest and click on add a companion. It should tell you if the companion is on the flight.
Thanks for the responses.
I definitely added her to the flights, the rep was very nice and helpful, said she would email me the confirmation numbers, but she only sent one.
When I click on the “add companion” it looks like I could add someone.
I think there will be another call to SW in my near future.

I definitely added her to the flights, the rep was very nice and helpful, said she would email me the confirmation numbers, but she only sent one.

You can add the companion online...I have never called SW to do so

Check if you were charged the tax, each ticket will have the $5.90 (I think it is 5 something), if you weren't charged x4 (1 for each leg of the trip for each of you), then the companion wasn't booked and I would just add online.

Great question. It's actually something I think about now and then. I'm also the one who plans things out. Part of me wants to just plan less and discover more, even if it's not optimal in the end. But then I think about the stress level of those in my family and how better things are when there is a solid plan and we follow it. My trip next week will be an experiment in "winging it" much more than normal, and I still have a list of things we might want to do and see and info on how to get there. I also think it's easier when you have a week somewhere, as opposed to a day or two (which is kind of how we roll at this point). I do think that all the planning takes away some of the surprise factor, but someone needs to do it for my family to really enjoy a trip, and that someone is me. DD has traveled with her college friends, and just walked around cities in Europe, doing whatever they felt like doing, and she said it was amazing. Maybe I'm too much of a control freak, but I also think that we all just do better with a plan. Clearly this is something I'm working on at the moment. ;)
Many years ago, I tried to "wing it" for part of a trip to Italy. Never again. I suppose it's a bit easier now to go plan-less with technology at our fingertips, but I feel better with a plan.

We’ve seen this happen before. It’s some odd DVC listing - possibly somebody renting points?? The naming convention is not consistent with how you’d see a Disney hotel listed. I’d love for this to be good news but I’d be very cautious with it and wouldn’t get your hopes up yet.

EDIT: I'm going to revise my position and agree with @PolyRob that this might be something. Maybe it somehow snuck past the "disney block filter".

It's probably real. Disney would have a lot of Riviera inventory right now to sell as they probably have their full share of rooms to still sell as cash rooms. The high prices are probably in response to the fact that just about every point room at Riviera is sold out at the moment. I'm watching for newly released inventory for mid to late Feb to add to my Feb13 to 22 trip and I haven't seen a studio in weeks.

I just spent 2 weeks traveling through Italy with my DS 16, DSIL 18, and DMIL. I used my arrival + to erase cheap flights to Paris, URs for short/cheap flights to Italy and a free night at hotels .com for our last night in Paris. The rest of the time we stayed in the most magical air bnbs paid for with cash. As I was working on my scrapbook I started thinking about all the time I had spent into planning this trip and then I kept hearing everyone say “I can’t believe we just keep running into these beautiful places” not knowing that I was navigating us the entire time. I usually like to plan more time to just wander the streets without a destination, but with this travel party it just wasn’t a good idea. I figure most people on this board are planners like me so I thought I would ask - do you feel like being the person who does all of the planning takes away some of the magic of discovery on vacation and what do you do to help that not happen? The planning is a big part of what I enjoy about vacations so I would never want to let that go, but I’m wondering if I sometimes do too much research which leaves me without that element of surprise.

I am the planner for my family and friends. While it would be nice to just tag along, I find the most pleasure in seeing them have fun and making memories while doing fun/unique activities. I do a ton of research and take everyone's wants/needs into consideration, and seeing that pay off is really enjoyable for me!

Check if you were charged the tax, each ticket will have the $5.90 (I think it is 5 something), if you weren't charged x4 (1 for each leg of the trip for each of you), then the companion wasn't booked and I would just add online.
Good point. I did check that and was charged the $5.60 x4 (actually 5, but that was because I changed one of the flights and thought the credit would be automatically applied when I rebooked and it wasn't - live and learn).
I was emailed one confirmation number in my sister's name after my phone call. I saw that you could add a companion online, but I had some special circumstances I wanted to discuss, so I thought calling would be more straightforward. I'll just call again and be sure they email me all confirmation numbers before I hang up.
I know there are a lot of SW experts on here. Hoping to be one of them some day. Thanks for your help!

Use the nhc@noaa.gov site and also follow Mike's weather page on FB. He does live a couple times a day and frequent updates...no sensationalism.

The latest NHC update showed more southernly and more slowing. Hoping it makes that turn sooner and stays off the coast. If it stays how it is or even slower or more southernly by the 5am update, I am switching us to Monday flights and hoping for the best. I can always cancel at the last minute, but Monday seems better than Tuesday at this point.

ETA: The bad news is since it slows down sooo much, it it doesn't make that turn and just hangs out over Florida for days it is going to dump a ton of rain and wind on the state.

I love Mike's weather page! He's no nonsense and shows so much valuable data in his live chats.

Our Hawaii flights are now officially booked! I can't believe I was able to get 4 of us first class tickets roundtrip from Boston to Hawaii on points. We are flying Delta from Boston to Maui and then United from Honolulu back to Boston. Paying cash the fights would have been about $11,000. This wouldn't have been possible without this board, so thank you to everyone who posts here.

Now I need some new cards!!

We have 4 APs, and only ever get/keep 1 magnet each (for our mini fridge on our patio!).... I don't mind picking up/sending our extras - PLEASE don't pay that much for those!

Good point. I did check that and was charged the $5.60 x4 (actually 5, but that was because I changed one of the flights and thought the credit would be automatically applied when I rebooked and it wasn't - live and learn).
I was emailed one confirmation number in my sister's name after my phone call. I saw that you could add a companion online, but I had some special circumstances I wanted to discuss, so I thought calling would be more straightforward. I'll just call again and be sure they email me all confirmation numbers before I hang up.
I know there are a lot of SW experts on here. Hoping to be one of them some day. Thanks for your help!
Does your companion have a RR account? If the person was added as your companion and you gave the RR account number, the flight should show in that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter