I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this latest Plastiq promo I’m going through MSR withdrawal. Now I only have my $4K Delta Gold Biz and $1K between 2 Amex Gold AU cards to work on.

I’m planning CIP #2 for me but want to wait until I hit 3 months from MDD in April.

Other than the GrAAvy train, CIP, and Amex Plat Biz, what other business cards are worth looking at?

Holy smokes :faint: I have used the bookmark function to save this--will need to show dh! The loan for his new hybrid is 0% so we're just auto debiting right now until we pay next semester's tuition. Plastiq could be very valuable!
Yup! And really we've gotten more because thinking about it today I know we made a couple payments with DHs A+ during a MC promotion that effectively cut the fee in half, it wasn't during MSR but it was like why not? And we also sold DHs old car to my ILs, which was not paid off at the time, so we took their cash and paid the loan off through Plastiq - basically knocked out a CIP for DH and two CSRs in ILs names - then we turned around and used those points to lower the costs on the cruise trip we leave for this week! They just thought they were helping us earn more points, little did they know they were for them!
That's pretty awesome!! I'm nowhere near that detailed so I do enjoy all your number crunching:) And while not truly a savings since you could have paid extra on the car loans without incurring the fees, perhaps the added incentive of the travel points gave you a little more motivation. So, you've positioned yourself better financially and got a ton of points...win/win!!
It's a great motivation! I really wish I had gotten into this and found Plastiq before we paid down our student loans :) We still have a chunk to go on DHs loan, but he just got a commission payout that could knock it out completely now! It would be so easy to blow it, put it somewhere else, etc, but instead it's just like, think of all the points we can earn as we do this! DH is completely onboard too, which I think would be a tad harder if we weren't getting the lovely points payback on being responsible lol

With this latest Plastiq promo I’m going through MSR withdrawal. Now I only have my $4K Delta Gold Biz and $1K between 2 Amex Gold AU cards to work on.

I’m planning CIP #2 for me but want to wait until I hit 3 months from MDD in April.

Other than the GrAAvy train, CIP, and Amex Plat Biz, what other business cards are worth looking at?

Grocery MS with the Amex Gold?

Self-support to the Amex BBP?

I guess the hitch is if you’re constantly working on MSR, the 2x MR everywhere isn’t as attractive for your spend.

Yes, forgot to include the BBP. That’s the next card for DH and I think I’ll pull the trigger on that sooner now that we don’t have much MSR left and we’ll need something for our San Francisco trip spending next month. It will also hold his MRs when we cancel his Plat next month. Thank you again for the recommendation.

Grocery MS with the Amex Gold?

You know me well! I miss my MS days and actually went through my 2 shoeboxes full of drained VGC and cashed MO’s. I should probably do some MS on my BCP before I close that out when the annual fee comes due. It has 6x on grocery stores up to $6K spend I think and I’ve probably only done a few hundred. Not a major MS channel but a decent return. I don’t have a personal Gold so no 4x MR for me at the moment.

Yes, forgot to include the BBP. That’s the next card for DH and I think I’ll pull the trigger on that sooner now that we don’t have much MSR left and we’ll need something for our San Francisco trip spending next month. It will also hold his MRs when we cancel his Plat next month. Thank you again for the recommendation.

You know me well! I miss my MS days and actually went through my 2 shoeboxes full of drained VGC and cashed MO’s. I should probably do some MS on my BCP before I close that out when the annual fee comes due. It has 6x on grocery stores up to $6K spend I think and I’ve probably only done a few hundred. Not a major MS channel but a decent return. I don’t have a personal Gold so no 4x MR for me at the moment.

That BCP is a better return although it is limited.

10K MR for $3K MSR plus 15K MR referral from my Plat is the best offer (since I don’t have a Gold) for BBP, right?
I was just doing this math:)

I've tentatively put BBP on my list for September for DD's swim dues. Platinum will cover my Q3 taxes. Q4 will hopefully get paid with a new CIP (#2). Then Spring of 2020 I'll go for Biz Plat to pay Q1 & 2 taxes. Somewhere in there I'll try to slip in another Citi AA Biz. I like having a plan:)

I got a BoA Biz MC in April. $300 for $3K spend, no AF, you pick your 3% category from travel, shipping, office supplies, gas, TV/wireless providers, computer services or business consulting services. 2% dining, 1% everywhere else.

Not super exciting, and I'm running out of biz card ideas too. I've got 2 CitiAA, 2CIPs, a CIC, SW Biz, and the Amex Biz Plat, Biz Gold, Biz Green, BBP and SPG Biz. I guess Hilton maybe?

I was just doing this math:)

I've tentatively put BBP on my list for September for DD's swim dues. Platinum will cover my Q3 taxes. Q4 will hopefully get paid with a new CIP (#2). Then Spring of 2020 I'll go for Biz Plat to pay Q1 & 2 taxes. Somewhere in there I'll try to slip in another Citi AA Biz. I like having a plan:)
Do you have to use plastique to pay your taxes or can you pay them with CC for a fee? I feel like I looked into that before but can't remember what it was.

PSA: More DPs suggest that AA eGCs are once again getting reimbursed by the Amex airline fee credit

Earlier this week, u/UCUCUC reported on r/churning that he purchased a $150 AA eGC from giftcards.aa.com with his Amex Platinum card on 6/5/19, and received an airline reimbursement credit on 6/7/19.
u/UCUCUC updated his DP today with another GC purchase of $50 on his Platinum card, and was reimbursed again for the $16 credit remaining on his airline fee credit benefit.

He also referenced the FlyerTalk airline fee reimbursements reports thread for AA, where the following update is pinned: in June 2019 it appears American Airlines has again changed the coding of payment card transactions. Gift Card purchases are no longer explicitly identified, and we have two reports that the benefit counter shows pending reimbursements.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...00-100-reimbursement-reports-aa-only-124.html
Per the most recent FT DPs, virtual GC purchases go pending as "AA ARC" and post as "American Airlines." There's nothing identifying the transaction as a GC or as misc taxes/fees. FT's DPs seem to be waiting for the actual reimbursement to post, but the airline fee credit counter on the benefits dashboard went down by the GC purchase amount.

It's somewhat interesting that AA GCs seem to be triggering the Amex airline fee credit during the same period of dates when SW GCs stopped crediting. I don't know what to make of this. Again, if you've already selected Southwest as your airline for the credit, you can chat with Amex and request a change if you haven't used any of your annual credit benefit yet.

For now, it appears AA GCs are an option again to use up the airline fee credit on Amex Platinum, Business Platinum, Gold, and Hilton Aspire cards. I don't have any recommendation whether you should jump on this right now while DPs are still developing or wait until more DPs come in and risk the coding changing to remove this option in the meantime.

Good luck!

ETA: DoC is reporting it:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...ing-to-trigger-amex-travel-incidental-credit/

And now TPG is reporting it:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-travel-credit-trigger-for-american-airlines-gift-cards-returns/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter