I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to post this earlier

6PjbDxi.jpg

but 12 hours later, I'm still at 30 days...

We can wait together. I am still at 30 days too.

My DH's past 2 CIPs have gone directly from 30 days to approved. Maybe it'll get approved around 11 pm PST like his last one. I remember @SouthFayetteFan said his last one was 2 am, which I assume is EST. So that works out the same. Or maybe I'm seeing patterns where none exist, lol.

In any case, here's some :tink:for both of you.

My DH's past 2 CIPs have gone directly from 30 days to approved. Maybe it'll get approved around 11 pm PST like his last one. I remember @SouthFayetteFan said his last one was 2 am, which I assume is EST. So that works out the same. Or maybe I'm seeing patterns where none exist, lol.

In any case, here's some :tink:for both of you.

No, it’s entirely possible it’ll get approved late night/overnight. Pretty sure I remember DW’s last CIP app was approved late night here in PT.

Yeah, but have you redeemed any URs since you and your wife got back under 5/24?
Lol I booked a rental car for like 10k.....haha. Now that I saw what I wanted I’m off to book my universal rooms lol!!

And I fully agree that wanting to “see” 1 million was stupid. But it made me happy!!!! LOL! Those 22+ months were a TOUGH churning time for me so let me have this :P

I would never do a garage sale by myself, but our neighborhood HOA does a few a year so all I have to do is set stuff up and open the garage if I want to join in. I think I've posted here that DH and I are slowly downsizing but upgrading our furniture now that we are empty nesters and I've actually had good luck selling our IKEA-grade stuff at garage sales. The things I'm on the fence about now are mostly craft things (esp. scrapbook things) that I am ready to let go (I've gone though the five stages of grief and accepted that I really am never going to finish those projects) but would feel better about it if I recouped a bit of what I spent.

Since you can take part in a neighborhood wide garage sale I'd try and sell the craft stuff. I've donated it but I'm never sure what's actually going to happen with it. If I'd had a lot I would have looked for school, senior center etc to donate it to. But I think with a neighborhood wide sale you're more likely to get a diverse group of shoppers and be able to sell it. I don't know that it's something people look for, I wouldn't specifically, but if I saw it I'd for sure look through it at the very least.

Ladies and gentlemen...I have reached the sea of tranquility, I reside in the forest of serenity, I’m experiencing the joy of pure ecstasy for I’ve achieved the sensation of sweet victory...

I give to you...my ultimate rewards:
View attachment 409187

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Lol I booked a rental car for like 10k.....haha. Now that I saw what I wanted I’m off to book my universal rooms lol!!

And I fully agree that wanting to “see” 1 million was stupid. But it made me happy!!!! LOL! Those 22+ months were a TOUGH churning time for me so let me have this :P

FTFY:

Fh9Zijr.jpg

I’m really bummed. Scheduled a Plastiq payment for my car loan with Amex. Had it work before by tweaking the name a bit. This time, I got an email it was sent, then today, an email it was cancelled and not accepted for Amex. I am struggling to meet MSR, between waiting for the card to arrive and being out of town when it finally did. I got the Plastiq 1.5% email and have literally nothing to use it on.
Amex MSRs are the worst. I run most of mine through PayPal. Nobody wants to take their cards.

Conversation Starter: How long have you gone without a new card? I bet I have the record here right now! I haven't gotten a new card (save the Hilton Ascend upgrade) since December. That's right - no accounts in 2019!

I will be under 5/24 next month, as will DH. This is my longest dry spell in seven years.
P2....if you could call her a player....hasn’t had a new card in 42 months.

Amex MSRs are the worst. I run most of mine through PayPal. Nobody wants to take their cards.

True.

The funny (or sad) thing is that I got the Plat a month after the CIP, and if a place takes Amex, I'm like "Oh, put it on the Plat," thinking that I should take advantage of merchants that accept Amex when I can. As a result, I could have completed the CIP MSR by now if I hadn't put the spend on the Plat. Instead I'm juggling and annoying myself.

I didn’t see this Starbucks deal talked about today:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/starbucks-get-a-free-5-e-giftcard-with-25-e-giftcard-purchase/
I found the deal in the Starbucks app, in my Inbox/Messages. Supposedly limit one per account. I did it just now with my and DW’s accounts and got the $25 gift card and $5 bonus immediately via email.

There’s some debate in the DoC comments whether the purchase will code as “Starbucks” and trigger any Amex/Chase Offers and dining/restaurants bonus categories, or as “Cashstar” since it processes the gift cards. I put both purchases on the Amex Gold and I see the pending charges are labeled “Starbucks.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter