I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to book the last night of our trip at the Dolphin with AA points. If I book through DHs account, he'll have 60k points left and I'll have 132k. If I book with my account, he'll have 95.5k points and I'll have 96k left. Any thoughts or opinions on evening out the accounts or keeping more in one? It probably doesn't matter that much, but... I'm a Libra! :rotfl:

Ladies and gentlemen...I have reached the sea of tranquility, I reside in the forest of serenity, I’m experiencing the joy of pure ecstasy for I’ve achieved the sensation of sweet victory...

I give to you...my ultimate rewards:
View attachment 409187

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You have a hoarding problem. Seriously, we can help you plan a trip, but the caveat is that you actually use the points to pay for it. :idea::rotfl2:

I'm about to book the last night of our trip at the Dolphin with AA points. If I book through DHs account, he'll have 60k points left and I'll have 132k. If I book with my account, he'll have 95.5k points and I'll have 96k left. Any thoughts or opinions on evening out the accounts or keeping more in one? It probably doesn't matter that much, but... I'm a Libra! :rotfl:
I think I'd want to leave the larger chunk in one account in case of a longer stay.

2. Amex typically doesn’t report a new personal card to your credit report until the close of your second statement, so that should give you almost 2 months after getting the Amex Plat and/or Hilton Aspire during which Chase doesn’t know you got any new Amex cards and these cards don’t count towards your 4/24. This delay in reporting may give you a little more time to stretch out the timing of your last Chase card (or two).

Although if the CIP thing continues through fall, I will no doubt want to keep my options open with Chase, so it’s likely I’ll stick with the biz cards after I hit 4/24. Until maybe early next fall. But yes, I’m thinking maybe late November for my next Amex card for that reason (possible triple dip).

Been gone for a few days...had a really nice time in Nashville for my son’s college orientation for this fall. Didn’t do much other than stuff for that, but did stay at a lovely Air Bnb. It was my first experience with doing that and it was a good one! Only thing is, when I paid online it didn’t use my discounted gift card. The whole gift card thing I found difficult to navigate. So I am hesitant to buy a large denomination gc to pay for lodging on our Europe trip next year late spring. If anyone has advice on that I’d be grateful! Were you able to use a gc on your Japan Air Bnb, @Haley R ? Does the Arrival+ erase Air Bnb? I’d assume that would count as travel.

Speaking of Arrival+, it looked like DoC reported that rogue link was dead. Sad. Tell me it’s not true! I wanted one for P2 but the timing just wasn’t right.

I saw on the news thread (because I got way behind of course, while gone) that @havaneselover reported Dosh getting Kroger back in some regions. I rushed to check, but apparently it’s not in my region.
Yes we were able to combine gift cards on our account and apply them all to our reservation. I was really nervous waiting to see if it would work. They clearly don’t care about customers having issues with gift cards. Dh said he had to enter his credit card on the app before he could add a gift card. It wouldn’t work on the website.

True confession:

While I don't exactly have a a fear of heights, looking at the edge of a cliff or valley will cause my heart to race and I will start to feel sort of queasy and need to look away. I don't even have to be there, a picture of something like Pulpit Rock can trigger it.

Thinking of using AA miles to pay for a Disney hotel causes the same reaction :rotfl2:

There may have been a little bit of FOMO going on when I discovered this since I am always happy to see when someone got a WDW reservation with AA miles :cheer2: While it isn't something I'd do for WDW, I thought it might be worth it for DLR. I got as far typing in the useaa miles website thinking I'd check to see if Grand California, Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel were bookable with AA miles and how many miles it would take when suddenly o_O :sick: :faint:

Sigh ... I closed the tab and went back to bashing Bonblah :badpc: for not having any availability at the Fairfield in Anaheim on points or cash for many consecutive months. Clearly there is something wrong with me :crazy:

True confession:

While I don't exactly have a a fear of heights, looking at the edge of a cliff or valley will cause my heart to race and I will start to feel sort of queasy and need to look away. I don't even have to be there, a picture of something like Pulpit Rock can trigger it.

Thinking of using AA miles to pay for a Disney hotel causes the same reaction :rotfl2:

There may have been a little bit of FOMO going on when I discovered this since I am always happy to see when someone got a WDW reservation with AA miles :cheer2: While it isn't something I'd do for WDW, I thought it might be worth it for DLR. I got as far typing in the useaa miles website thinking I'd check to see if Grand California, Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel were bookable with AA miles and how many miles it would take when suddenly o_O :sick: :faint:

Sigh ... I closed the tab and went back to bashing Bonblah :badpc: for not having any availability at the Fairfield in Anaheim on points or cash for many consecutive months. Clearly there is something wrong with me :crazy:

I feel the same way. Not saying I won’t ever do it, but knowing that I could fly first class to Asia seems a much better use of AA miles to me than booking Disney. Which honestly feels sacrilegious to say! I’d rather cash out my URs and pay for Disney that way.

I feel the same way. Not saying I won’t ever do it, but knowing that I could fly first class to Asia seems a much better use of AA miles to me than booking Disney. Which honestly feels sacrilegious to say! I’d rather cash out my URs and pay for Disney that way.

I won't at WDW but only because we have enough DVC points to cover our stays and FN Bonblech certs for when we don't. We drive up and can travel in our own car so we don't really need to stay on property. Not the same at DLR. We prefer to be on property or easy walking distance.

Asia and JAL with AA miles is more or less what went through my mind. My subconscious was all ... but, but, we're going back to TDL/TDS again :rolleyes:

Asia and JAL with AA miles is more or less what went through my mind. My subconscious was all ... but, but, we're going back to TDL/TDS again :rolleyes:
Eventually when we have plans to fly to Asia I will feel this way too :D
What are other good airline redemptions using AA miles, other than flying to Asia?

We've been to China, are going to India in December, and will be going to Australia next year. Dh wants to visit other parts of the world in 2021 and 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter