I hate cooking too

sjsjbrook

DIS Veteran
Hey Julie I agree about cooking. I hate it too. Somewhere along the line I have learned enough to feed the family, but man I am horrible. Of course I am even worse when it comes to baking. When my daughter was little my family use to make a back up cake because I would call them in a panic that I ruined the cake. I finally just ended up buying a premade cake.

:rotfl2:

I can make three things in the kitchen.

1. Bread
2. Pizza
3. A mess. (This is my signature dish.)

I hate cooking too. What's funny is I have a cupboard full of cookbooks that I'm slowly making recipes from and giving away if it turns out we don't like the recipes. Most of them were given to me by my husbands relatives. I think they were hints. LOL

I do like baking.

My DD11 loves to cook. She makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich, makes basic spaghetti, makes tacos. I'm thinking of seeing if she wants to make stuff out of one of the cookbooks so I can have help weeding them out.

i've come to the conclusion that these things go in cycles..

my mom loves to cook...
i HATE cooking!!!! (though i can make lots of things, i hate every minute of doing it)...
on the other hand, and very weirdly, DD loves cooking....she never ever cooked at home (and i never showed her how to do anything in the kitchen), and she didn't do much more than microwaving prepared food in university...
but since marrying, she's cooking up a storm.....making all sorts of intricate dishes...making up new recipes and calling me up all excited when they come out great....how totally weird is that????...

My enjoyment comes and goes.

There are weeks at a time when I am looking up new recipes, getting creative and cooking up a storm.
Then for the next few weeks all I can think to make for dinner is spaghetti or opening a can of soup!
DH is very flexible and self-reliant, so between our crazy work schedules and my lack of enthusiasm, we manage. :thumbsup2

Baking is the same way- I get bursts of energy and then nothing.
When the kids were little, I'd get super creative making their birthday cakes. For the bake sales at their school, I always came up with one or 2 really impressive offerings. And for DH's birthday, I always make a butterscotch cake from scratch (with homemade butterscotch icing) like his grandmother always made when he was little.
But usually, it's chocolate chip cookies, or brownies (from a mix).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter