I did it MMMMYYYYYY WAAAAYYYY....but was it right? - Our May/June 2023 Trip

It's outta this world!! Huk-huk

Finally with our annual passes in hand, we entered through the Guest Relations gate. At least after waiting all of that time we had our own little turnstile to use. Actually my picture of the crazy amount of people in the guest relations line was taken at 11:21 and this castle photo was taken at 11:58 so not all that bad considering how many groups were ahead of us!
IMG_8340[1].JPG

We continued down Main Street....

IMG_8341[1].JPG

We were ready to get to our first ride so no stopping for pictures!! Take a right at the ice cream shop, go through Tomorrowland Terrace, and right into Tomorrowland!! We are going to....

IMG_8342[1].JPG

...the PeopleMover. I have no idea why this is a family tradition but it started a LONG LONG time ago when the boys were little. PeopleMover is our first ride of any trip! So sit back, relax, and enjoy a grand circle tour of Tomorrowland.

IMG_8343[1].JPG

Ooh the new Tron!! I did not even try for a boarding group at 7 a.m. on this morning and I didn't plan to try for a group at 7 a.m. on ANY morning of our trip but I wonder if the 1 p.m. slot is just as good or easy to get.

IMG_8345[1].JPG

The castle view from the PeopleMover which leads into the title of this section. Does anyone else remember when they would introduce Star Traders and then at the end as you were leaving the store, Mickey would say, "It's outta this world. Huk-huk" Well my family says it for him now that they have removed that part. Speaking of changing dialogue, I was impressed with the new dialogue on the ride. It was still just as corny as before with the dad jokes and we really enjoyed it!

IMG_8347[1].JPG

Well folks, I think I found the people!!!

One of the great things about having teenagers with you who have grown up on Disney is that they can often take care of you! While I was enjoying PeopleMover, T was placing a mobile order for all of us to grab lunch at Cosmic Ray's. After the ride, we headed over to Cosmic Ray's to eat and sadly, I did not take pics of our food on the first day. We were seated in the a/c (although outside really wasn't bad) and we leisurely enjoyed our lunch.

About halfway through our meal, a friend texted to see if it was hot and I took this screenshot of the weather. Honestly it was beautiful and perfect weather, something we really aren't used to on our summer trip.

IMG_8348[1].PNG

As I took the picture, my alarm went off to alert me that it was 12:55 and time to get ready to try for a boarding group for Tron. A decided that he wanted to try for the boarding group for us. It made me so nervous since he's never attempted to get one and I didn't want the fallout of what would happen if he didn't make it but I knew that we still had many more days at Disney and we would ride it eventually. So I allowed him to try. He knew the technique and was refreshing at 12:59. At exactly 1 p.m. he looked at his phone weird and I asked what was wrong. He said nothing but he had noticed that he no longer had a button to press. Instead, he had a boarding group! With that accomplished we headed out into the park to ride more rides.

37 minutes is not bad at all given the line being that deep!

We also love people mover!

And yes the 1 pm slot is just as goo!

They are the best of friends. They are the worst of enemies......

As we exited Cosmic Rays with a boarding group in hand, we headed towards the train through the circus area. It had been at least 4 years (probably way longer but I've forgotten) since the train was open on one of our trips and A wanted to ride it "through" Tron. I prepared him for the fact that we would exit the train at Frontierland right in front of his beloved but completely dismantled Splash and he said that he was ready to face it so off we went!

IMG_8349[1].JPG

The line really wasn't long at all. These people are just walking in or finishing snacks. We literally walked right into the station but I had stopped to grab a picture along the way.

IMG_8353[1].JPG

As soon as we boarded the train and sat down, my boys started arguing over something trivial, like I still don't even remember what it is now. The people in front of us looked appalled that my grown children would argue but before the train even took off, the boys stopped and the people turned back around. Yep, my kids argue even at Disney. Sometimes they are the best of friends and sometimes they are the worst of enemies!

A was disappointed that he couldn't see anything on the Tron ride from the train but he was excited to hear the spiel about Tron. I had trouble hearing it but he seemed to hear it just fine.

We made our way around to Main Street USA and while there, a monorail passed so I snapped a pic. Whew, this is the first time this trip that I noticed the Poly DVC addition in the background. It's HUGE!

IMG_8355[1].JPG

Soon, our ride was over and we exited off right into Splash's old queue area. A went off by himself for a couple of seconds and I could tell he was struggling. Ever since he was a little bitty boy, this has been his favorite. He has sung the songs. He has talked about the 50 foot drop with anyone who would listen. He even prayed many times that we would have a "zippity doo dah day" when he wanted a good day. This was hitting him hard so I went over and sat with him and hugged him as tears streamed down his cheeks. (For those of you wondering, yes we rode it MANY MANY times last year on our trip and each time was "our last" but because the project had been pushed back so many times, we really felt like we would always have one more.) Anyways, it took us a few minutes to compose ourselves and get up. After that we headed towards Adventureland.

IMG_8356[1].JPG

IMG_8357[1].JPG

IMG_8358[1].JPG

As we approached Adventureland, we noticed that the wait times for Pirates and Jungle Cruise were both fairly high with Magic Carpets being closed so we ducked into the Tiki Room.

IMG_8359[1].JPG

It was going to be a packed house in Tiki Room as well but that's okay because there is plenty of seating for everyone and AC!!

IMG_8360[1].JPG

Just for the record, I did not use any flash or lighting for my Tiki room photos. I know nothing about photography or cameras on phones but here's my best explanation..... My phone takes the picture for a long time (maybe a delayed or prolonged exposure) and it magically comes out better. Someone wanna to say what I'm trying to say? lol....

IMG_8362[1].JPG

This was the first time I've noticed my phone doing this with dark photos and I think it's really neat, especially since they come out so clear!

IMG_8363[1].JPG

Up next - The Backside of Water!!

One more pic of Tiki Room....

IMG_8365[1].JPG

Yep, neither of us looking at the camera...lol....oh well. With that the birds did their magic trick and we all disappeared! We headed over to Jungle Cruise as the line's wait time had gone down some.

IMG_8366[1].JPG

It says 40 minutes but what would it really be?

IMG_8368[1].JPG

They were also using the "back part" of the queue but only every other row or something like that as it was not completely full. Thankfully the line kept moving throughout so we were not really standing around back there.

IMG_8370[1].JPG

IMG_8371[1].JPG

Eventually we made our way closer to the water in the back queue and we could see the boats leaving. I saw a guy farther along in the line play "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with someone on a boat that was leaving instead of waving and it gave me the idea to do it as well. So......I played Rock, Paper, Scissors with a little girl on her boat from my place in line. I ended up winning our game but I think she thought it was cute as she immediately told her mom who turned and waved at us.

IMG_8376[1].JPG

Another silly selfie and we are getting closer to the front. It was at this point in the ride that the line really just stopped moving. We could see boats leaving that were full of people but no one from our line was getting on as our line wasn't budging. Finally we moved close enough to see that LOADS and LOADS of Genie+ people were being loaded to just one small group/family from our side. From the time we exited the back queue to the ride was easily the longest part of our line.

IMG_8380[1].JPG

Finally, we were in the loading box and after 42 minutes in line, according to my photos, we entered a boat so the wait time was pretty accurate for this ride.

IMG_8381[1].JPG

We really enjoyed our boat captain who was just winging it. She had some newer jokes that made us laugh as well as the older ones we love. Overall it was a really good ride!

IMG_8382[1].JPG

Ladies and gentlemen, the BACKSIDE of water!!

It is illegal to pass by the castle without taking a picture of it!

As we finished Jungle Cruise, we decided to head back to the front of the park to shop for a while since it was a busy park time and we were thinking we would be called soon for Tron. While in the Emporium looking at Magic Bands, we heard the sound of Festival of Fantasy. T pretty much threw his magic band purchase at me and ran outside. At the Emporium, the boys each picked out one but neither I nor DH picked one as we wanted to see all choices. The boys ended up with Captain America (A) and Monsters University (T). We used mobile checkout which is so so nice as it is quick and it already applies your discounts since it is in your app. No need to pull out the cards and IDs as it is already deducted.

After purchasing magic bands, we stepped out near the Barber Shop side to watch the parade.

IMG_8385[1].JPG

I was really excited to be able to watch the parade as it is often way too hot to sit out in the sun at this time in the afternoon so we skip it.

IMG_8388[1].JPG

IMG_8389[1].JPG

We were standing under the awning of the Emporium looking towards Guest Services and as the parade continued more and more people joined in front of us. None of us felt the need to be in the sun at the front of the tape so we didn't mind.

IMG_8392[1].JPG

IMG_8393[1].JPG

IMG_8394[1].JPG

IMG_8398[1].JPG

We were so excited to see Maleficent breathe fire again!

IMG_8408[1].JPG

And with that the parade was over! Tron was getting ever closer to our number so we headed over there to explore the ride area and wait for our turn.

IMG_8409[1].JPG

It is illegal to pass the castle without taking a picture of it or at least that's what I think! I always snap a quick pic no matter how bad it is!

As we were heading to Tron, I began to feel the beginnings of a migraine. Time to find a place to rest for a little bit as I didn't want it to ruin my night.

We can't miss dinner. That is my favorite part of the day!

We slowly walked over to Tron as they were getting closer and closer to our number. It was beginning to warm up and I was beginning to feel a headache but certain that it was just that I needed more water, I picked up a water at the nearest cart and we kept going.

IMG_8410[1].JPG

Soon we were there! Whew, TRON looks fantastic. I don't like how you feel the ground/concrete shake slightly when they pass but I'm a chicken so there's that! We sat for a minute and watched it before our number was up.

If I had known then what I know now, we would have gotten in the line for TRON even before our number was up on the app as you don't scan in until you are well into the line. See line in the picture below.

IMG_8413.JPG

In fact, we got into line at 3:56 p.m. and didn't scan in until 4:45 p.m. so we almost missed our chance to ride and we were here right from the start. We actually saw the CMs turning away people at the scan point. I do not know if they were like us and had waited in line their whole time or if there were other reasons but some of them were so so angry.

IMG_8414.JPG

At this point, we began to realize that unless you had NO line inside, we may miss our dinner reservation. DH doesn't care for Liberty Tree (it was actually Diamond Horseshoe but same food) so it didn't really bother him but it definitely bothered me. I let them know that I was not skipping dinner as it is my favorite part of the day. O.k. I may have been hangry at this point or maybe my headache was talking but everyone laughed at me and we continued in line. Oh did we ever continue in line.....

IMG_8416.JPG

The line snaked around more than I ever thought it could but finally we were inside. A LOVED the first room you go in and we all mistakenly thought that the line was just mostly outside and that we were at the loading point. lol....WRONG......
As we got into the next room, we stopped.....just stopped.......every 10 or so minutes we would move a bit but mostly we just stood there. After what seemed like an eternity but was really ONLY...lol....ONLY 1 hour and 40 minutes, our crew was headed to the ride after the lockers and T and I were headed out to run across the park in hopes of making our reservation at Diamond Horseshoe.

IMG_8418.JPG

I LOVE the clouds showing in the "mirror" of the bubble top. We would only be a few minutes late for our reservation but I honestly wasn't sure if there was another room for the guys to wait in. At this point, my headache was quite a bit worse, pounding in my eye. I thought dinner would help.

IMG_8419.JPG

We arrived at dinner at 5:46, just one minute after our reservation time and were seated at this awesome little "balcony" table. While I loved our location and thought that it was neat, the lights on the stage were WAY too much for me at this point so T and I traded spots. The other guys texted to tell us that they were off of the ride and on their way as well. We waited on them to get food but I did order everyone's drink.

IMG_8422.JPG

The menu is the same as Liberty Tree which we usually do each trip but since we had never been to Diamond Horseshoe, we decided to give it a try. The food was out quickly and I don't have good food pics from this night because honestly at this point I was just trying to survive.

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

By the time the main course came out, I was really NOT feeling well. I knew that I needed medicine but it was all still in our luggage. I tried to eat but my head was just pounding.

IMG_8425.JPG

Pixie dust - our server knew that my son was celebrating his 21st birthday so he received a nice chocolate "Happy Birthday" medallion on our dessert.

My headache was more than I could stand so I asked DH if he could finish up the tab for me and I took off for first aid. I try not to bother them with something as petty as a headache but I knew that I needed help so I went in and asked if they had advil. They said yes and that I simply needed to sign the ledger to get some. I signed in and they gave me two advil with some cold water. I decided that my best bet was just to take the bus to our resort in hopes of lying down in our room. The boys would be on their way soon as well since our plans for this night were to go to Hollywood Studios and see Fantasmic, which was open for the first time on our trips since Covid.

Thankfully as I walked up to the bus stop, a bus was there and I hopped right on. The ride to the resort was fairly quick and soon I was in our room. I was so sad at the thought of missing Fantasmic but I was absolutely miserable with my head.

Headaches are the worst!

And I’ve been to first aid for a band aid before and I know it’s trivial but even then they’d rather fix something then have it get out of hand.

Headaches are the worst!

And I’ve been to first aid for a band aid before and I know it’s trivial but even then they’d rather fix something then have it get out of hand.
Yes and this one was so so bad!!

I'm glad they are there to help with all needs! (I guess I just always feel that my needs aren't really dire enough. lol....I know I know, it's a mom thing!)

Third times a charm!

As the bus pulled out of Magic Kingdom, I texted the boys to let them know that I was going back to the hotel. We had completed online check in so I knew/hoped that I would be able to go straight to our room and lay down for a bit. My head was pounding but hopefully soon, the advil would kick in.

We have received our room number earlier in the day and I was disappointed as our room was not in the middle section where you can see the courtyard. We faced the water and the skyliner a bit but we were on the wing closest to the parking lot so although it would be quieter, it would not have the same view that we loved so much last time.

Soon, the bus was pulling into the resort and I headed in hoping that my magic band would open our door as we have had trouble in the past with bypassing the front desk.

First up, room tour....

IMG_8427[1].JPG

IMG_8428[1].JPG

I'll get back to my story in a minute but THIS is one of the main reasons why we love Riviera, besides the skyliner. It has the separated bathroom areas and you are guaranteed a tub. There's nothing for me like a long hot soak at the end of a long park day.

IMG_8429[1].JPG

IMG_8431[1].JPG

IMG_8433[1].JPG

IMG_8435[1].JPG

Yes, I know I said I was going to go back to the resort and rest but I knew if I didn't take these photos before the boys got in the room with ALL of our stuff, I would never get them again so instead of resting I took photos. Then I began to feel really bad. The boys took FOREVER to get back to our resort. Turns out that they could not find the car at first and then my DS1 gave everyone the wrong room number so they followed him to a room on another floor and well it just wasn't a pleasant trip for them.....lol......by the time they FINALLY got to our room, everyone was upset and frazzled. (This is what happens when I'm not around helping them at Disney! lol.....)

Our plans for this evening were to hit up Hollywood Studios for some end of the evening rides and a Fantasmic showing at 10:30. I wasn't sure that I was going to make it but I wanted them to go so when they got to our room, they dropped the suitcases and pretty much ran right back out the door.

I thought the cool air along with the peace and quiet would be enough to help my head but it wasn't. This migraine was only going to get better one way. I'll spare you the details but the migraine finally lifted and I decided to join them.

IMG_8436[1].JPG

Riviera at night is so so beautiful. I took this photo on the way to the skyliner.

IMG_8437[1].JPG

IMG_8438[1].JPG

IMG_8439[1].JPG

Continued in the next post.....

Third times a charm!

IMG_8440[1].JPG

IMG_8441[1].JPG

IMG_8442[1].JPG
By the time, I reached this point in my walk, I felt fine, as if nothing at all had happened and I was hoping it would stay like that the whole night. I was able to see the fireworks starting for Epcot.

As I walked up to the skyliner, it was stopped and the announcement was being made that it was delayed. I asked the cast member if I should go to take a bus and she said that no buses were running as it was only a short delay. Sure enough, it started up again almost immediately and I hopped on.

IMG_8443[1].JPG

I was able to watch the Epcot fireworks along the way to Hollywood and finally entered Hollywood as the show on the theatre was playing. I texted the guys to see where they were and one responded that he was going to watch muppets while the other two were going to Tower of Terror. I opted to get in line for a popcorn bucket so I could replenish the food I had just lost.

IMG_8445[1].JPG

Popcorn bucket full and in hand, I headed over to F! As I began to walk down the street, I caught up to T who was supposed to be watching Muppets. I asked how he had finished so fast and he said that muppets closed (or maybe always closes) early. We would be back again in the morning so he could watch it then. Yes, he seeks out watching Muppets. He is definitely my "old soul".

IMG_8447[1].JPG

By the time we got to the end of Sunset Boulevard, we met up with DH and A. There had been no wait time for Tower so they finished very quickly. We had to wait outside of the theater for the group from the first show to exit. Once we were allowed to enter the amphiteater for F!, we headed in and found great seats in the middle section, close enough to the front to see everything but far enough back that we didn't get wet.

IMG_8448[1].JPG

This would be our first time seeing the show since it's refurb and we were so excited! Soon, the music started and .....and......and...... hmmm.....nothing....no mickey.....nothing. Suddenly all of the lights in the theater came and the stage went dark. The announcement said that our show had been temporarily stopped and that they hoped to be able to perform it for us tonight. The crowd shuffled a bit but soon the wave started and there was an awesome CM at the bottom right that was dancing almost like a simon says game with dancing so that the crowd joined in.

A few minutes later, the lights went out. The music started and ..... MICKEY appeared!

IMG_8449[1].JPG

IMG_8451[1].JPG

We were LOVING the show and then Mickey bent over at the end of his segment but no water screens started so it was really awkward as we were all just staring at a bent of Mickey Mouse. lol.....you guessed it....the lights came back on and the announcement again said that the show was stopped but that they hoped to perform it for us that night. At this point, quite a few people in the crowd got up to leave. This delay was longer than the first one (I would guess about 10 minutes or so with this delay based on the time stamps of my pictures). The CM at the front still had the rest of the crowd dancing and doing the wave. Soon, the water screens just started randomly. The crowd went wild!! Then the lights went out, the screens came back on and we started from that point in the show.

IMG_8454[1].JPG

So my new phone came in handy on some of the dark photos during the performance. Usually these aren't really good but I really like the animal photo and it was achieved with no flash.

Continued in the next post.....

Third Times a Charm!!

IMG_8457[1].JPG

IMG_8461[1].JPG

IMG_8462[1].JPG

So a lot of things seemed to be in "B Mode" with this show. It definitely was not the usual performance. We were so afraid that if the show was stopped again at this point, they would just cancel it but they just kept going even though a lot of what we expected to happen didn't actually happen. (The snakes eyes did not light up. He did not move. Aladdin didn't swing. no fireworks on the boat, etc....)

IMG_8469[1].JPG

We were just so excited to see the show but felt like we really needed to see it again to see it the "right way". Luckily for us, we would have another evening in Hollywood.

IMG_8471[1].JPG

Steamboat Willie is my favorite character of all time so I love that they included him!

IMG_8479[1].JPG

After the show, we headed out and were SHOCKED to see the long long line for the skyliner. It went down the pathway towards Boardwalk and was WAY past the bathrooms near the buses when we joined. I was so worried that it would take forever to get back to our hotel but it only took about 15 minutes to get to the front of the line and hop on. In no time, we were back at our resort. (I LOVE the skyliner!)

I'm not sure how now but I do know that we went into Primo Piatto and grabbed mugs and snacks. Then we went to our room to rest up for tomorrow!

IMG_8481[1].JPG

Day 1 was done! Day 2 would be Hollywood Studios, Hoop de doo, and Magic Kingdom.

Day 2 - Hollywood Morning
We slept in until around 9:30 a.m. or so on this morning and headed down to breakfast at Primo Piatta. This is my favorite on property place to have breakfast, even though I only get scrambled eggs and bacon. Their eggs are just the best in my opinion.

T got the french toast bread pudding with a side of eggs for his breakfast.
IMG_8483[1].JPG

Notice they are FINALLY using real plates again. Last trip we still had the cardboard boxes and containers for EVERYTHING but were delighted to see that it was back to pre-covid operation for this trip!

DH had the Mickey Waffles (with lots of butter obviously....geez) and a side of eggs.

IMG_8484[1].JPG

I had my usual Disney breakfast of eggs and bacon. Ironic side note - at home, I will often go through Mcdonald's on my way to work and get a side of eggs, a side of breakfast sausage and a medium dr. pepper. It usually costs me just about $6. At Disney my breakfast is always a side of eggs and a side of bacon with my refillable mug full of Pibb Extra which costs me $6. Not bad prices for the Mouse!

IMG_8485[1].JPG

Speaking of Pibb Extra, I love the Freestyle machines because it means I can get Pibb at Disney! When we first started going, this southern girl would go through withdrawals each trip when I couldn't get Dr. Pepper! Yes I know I can bring it with me but I don't like carrying all of that to the parks with me.

When we finished eating, I made a hidden Mickey out of our empty plates.

IMG_8486[1].JPG

Bellies full for most of us, we went back upstairs to wake up A as he needs the most sleep. While waiting on him to get ready, I took this photo from our room's balcony. It does kinda show what I was talking about in that we are facing Caribbean Beach and Pop, not facing a parking lot but still not in the busy courtyard. This was a VERY quiet view all week.

IMG_8487[1].JPG

I've never walked past the pool area into this section of the resort and therefore, had no idea that we had a sandy "beach" at Riviera.

IMG_8489[1].JPG

Right at 11 we started to head down to the skyliner. We are definitely NOT rope drop people but we go often enough that we don't feel the need to ride the rides 5 or 6 times. Once is usually enough for us and we love to just soak in the atmosphere.

IMG_8491[1].JPG

We boarded the skyliner at 11:07 and were walking into the entrance of Hollywood at 11:20. I can not say enough good things about the addition of the skyliner. We LOVE it and try to always stay on the skyliner line now. It's so much easier in our opinion than buses and we've never really had big issues with it.

IMG_8493[1].JPG

IMG_8496[1].JPG

Any guesses where we head to first when we entered the park at 11:20???

Just started reading and all caught up now. Looking forward to reading the rest. I'm guessing you are heading to Muppets first. I have an old soul son who is 19 and sounds like we would have very similar trips.

This isn't exactly working......

We headed into Hollywood Studios and immediately T headed left to watch Muppets. The rest of us slowly made our way through the park enjoying the atmosphere. We saw that Rise had a 70 minute wait and decided that since it was mostly in a/c we would head towards there first. Wait times for the park were insane but we knew it would be a busy week and we were okay with waiting.....maybe?

IMG_8497[1].JPG

As we headed towards Rise, A decided that he needed some Star Wars character's blaster that I can't remember right now and so the wild goose chase ensued.

IMG_8498.JPG

We literally looked in EVERY shop in Galaxy's Edge for this blaster.......

IMG_8499.JPG

... and then we headed out to the dump gift shop of Star Tours and looked in there.

IMG_8500.JPG

Yes, I know that most of those pics are from the same shop. I just didn't want three pics in a row so I spread them out....lol...

That blaster does not exist at Disney World so mission NOT accomplished, we left the Star Tours gift shop. Somewhere in the shopping fiasco, T joined us. Upon exiting the Star Tours gift shop, A decided that it was lunch time and he was hungry. We weren't hungry as we had just eaten breakfast and after being in the park for about 1 hour, we still have not ridden anything. Actually we've not done anything except walk around shopping aside from T and his beloved muppets.

Our go to lunch spot in Hollywood Studios is Backlot Express because it has decent food and a/c so we headed in there and mobile ordered his lunch. While we were waiting T took our popcorn bucket and got it refilled so I could eat a little something as well. (I get sick if I don't eat a little bit throughout the day.) As we were waiting on our food, I sternly told A, "This isn't going to work. If you are going to sleep until lunch and miss breakfast, we will not be stopping for a lunch just for you." Ummmm yeah spoiler alert - we did just that on a couple of days. 🤦‍♀️

Since no one in our family except T rides Star Tours and it had a short wait (10 min.), we sent him to ride while A finished his lunch. After he had finished his lunch (sorry no food pics as I was FRUSTRATED), DH looked down and said if we go really fast, we could maybe make the Frozen show. We had like 5 minutes until show starting and T had not text to say that he was off Star Tours yet so I was VERY skeptical but we were going to try anyway. We all started going to the show and told T to "run" to catch up (not really run but at 6'5" he moves WAY faster than us). We got to the entrance to the show and were being held there by a cast member who was checking to see if the show had anymore seats. Just as they began ushering us in, T joined us and we all went in together. They sent us across the very back of the theater and we were able to see the sound and video boards back there. OMG....those are amazing! My guys may have stopped for a second or two to peer at them before they kept walking. The show had already started; the theater was dark but we were in and just in time!

IMG_8501.JPG

IMG_8502.JPG

This was easily my favorite Eric and Aria ever and we see this show OFTEN....like sometimes more than once a trip.....yes even with boys.

IMG_8505.JPG

Many of their jokes were new. They were HILARIOUS and we enjoyed our show but soon enough, it was over and we were dumped right back out in HS with no idea what to do next. lol......if I don't plan every minute out for them, we wander aimlessly. If I do plan every minute out for them, they don't like it. It's a lose lose for me. lol.....

IMG_8507.JPG

We headed off to Toy Story Land and said hello to Woody. "Howdy Partner!" We saw that Midway Mania had a 60 minutes wait but again it is a/c and the line didn't look 60 minutes long so we hopped in. We walked straight through the outside part and through the first room.
IMG_8508.JPG

We made it all the way to the second room before we met anyone in the standby line. In my naive thinking, this would be good and short because we are already near Mr. Potatohead and that's NEVER a 60 minute wait. However, we had noticed on our way in that LL was out the door and waiting in the outside heat. Ummmm......yeah, so LL was ushered through at a rate of 1 million of them to 1 of us. Not exactly that ratio but man it felt like it. This was the first time in our trip that my DH became exasperated with LL. As we stood in the second room, an announcement that said, "In order to reduce everyone's wait times, please keep up with the party in front of you. For our friends in LL, please pick up your glasses and keep moving." or something VERY close to that. Essentially they never stopped LL unless there was a large gap (those didn't happen) and so we sat in the second room for forever (45 minutes to be exact) before moving enough to get glasses and be sent to a loading station. So much for thinking it would be a short wait......

IMG_8511.JPG

Soon we were on our ride and we were off. My time stamps show that we waited in line right at one hour for this ride so that sign outside was correct even though we walked all the way into the second room. It was a bit frustrating to be so close and not move at all but it happens.

I LOVE this ride and it's easily one of our family favorites that we ride MANY MANY times each trip. However, I do not like riding with A because he gets angry when you beat him and I'm so competitive that I can't just take it easy. (Mean mom I know.....) So if I ride with T or DH, I lie to him about my score and always make it a little lower than his even if it's not.

I'm hoping that one day he will actually beat us so that I won't have to lie. Maybe today is that day? If not, maybe on this trip?? He is getting closer each time we play!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter