Hyatt Orlando info

Ali

Resorts are my favorite part of the vacation
I posted this on the Orlando board but I thought I would put it here as well. I can't imagine thryong to navigate this hotel in a wheel chair. Definitely not as a single traveller, someone is needed to help with buying food from the marketplace.

I was at the Hyatt Orlando from 4-25 thru 4-29 for a convention and I wanted to warn everyone who has a young baby in a stroller or is in a wheel chair - this is not a good hotel for you! All of the meetings I had to go to were on the second floor of the convention center and there is NO ELEVATOR!!!!! There is a wheel chair lift that is at the farthest end of the hall from what I was toild by the employees, but to get upstairs I had to take my 6 week old son opout of the stroller, carry him uspatirs and beg a few nice men to carry the stroller up the stairs. The same thing happened when we wanted to go down - and all of the bathrooms are on the first floor. This was not fun!!! There is a frieght elevator that is available of you beg an employee who will call about 10 other employees to see which one of them is going to take responsibility to get the guests upstairs through the employees only sections but it's hard to find anyone and in a bathroom emergency it is impossible.

Other than that, the one place to get fast food and sandwiches is a small "marketplace" that is only accessible by walking up three steps. Again I had to take the baby out of the stroller and try to balance everything while holding him. NOT fun.

The wheelchair accessible room we stayed in was nice, but not very sound proofed though as we could hear the mommy next door screaming at her kids to get up every 2 minutes for hours. There in a large bathroom, a bath/shower with a handheld shower head. The closte is a joke though - there is no room for anything because the safe, ironing boardm, iron, and luggage rack is inside. There is a folding shelf above the clothes bar, but it is too high for anything. There is no room under the beds for luggage so it has to sit somewhere - we found the bathroom convenient to store the stroller, but there is also room by the back sliding door. The doors are supposed to be activated by pushing the button but most if not all of them were not working at this hotel.

Just wanted to warn you.

Thank you for sharing this here. Your desription is very complete and will hopefully help someone in a wheelchair avaoid a surprise if they rent an accessible room there.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest