Hucifer and Dan's flipping huge trip report *Last 3 days/Epilogue! 10/9, pgs 36-38*

He whispers back, “If I dig a tunnel in the carpet, will you be my lookout man?”

Hucifer~ this is quite hillarious!!

“Say…how did the Romans build the Forum? They just added two-um and two-um. Ha ha! …forum? Two-um and two-um equal four-um? ...never mind-um.”

…and I bust out laughing. Yeah, I know. Laughing at his pun. But it wasn’t the joke so much that got me; it was the delivery. I squeezed his belly and shoved him at Dan. “Listen to this!” And I giggle again when he repeated the joke. Dan gives me a polite smile and walks away. Dude, cut me some slack…do I need to remind you who had his finger up his nose earlier? I squeezed Mickey over and over to listen to this silly little joke until a new joke came up.

I love Pal Mick for this very reason. I often entertained the bus drivers on those late night drives back to the resort with these bad boys. Or should I say Mick did?

hucifer said:
49692silly_photo.JPG

Yep, that's the love of my life. I'm a lucky girl.

I have no words. :teeth:

hucifer said:
Back when I was 15 this place was called CommuniCore and it was like a museum of modern information. I remember being in awe of this place, running from exhibit to exhibit, soaking in as much information as I could. One exhibit showed a video demonstration of how wind resistance affected a vehicle's fuel economy, and as the car changed shape into a more aerodynamic design, the percentage of gas it used dramatically decreased. What I remember most about CommuniCore was the huge world population counter that just kept spinning and spinning…and I stood there watching the numbers zoom by and wondered how many more people would be on earth the next time I saw that counter. Of course, the next time I came back, EPCOT Center became Epcot, CommuniCore became Innoventions, and the counter was gone forever.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

hucifer said:
Little did I know how this brief mishap would affect the rest of our trip.
Cliffhanger..eh..I see how it goes!

hucifer said:
Next installment: Day 4. Pal Mickey Goes In For Surgery
What happened?!?!

We also had trouble finding Evergreen's when we stayed at SoG! That place is super confusing. Maybe this time we can find our way around, we are going in October.

git back up top where you belong!!!!!!!!! :artist: :dance3:

I see many of you are curious about the Pal Mickey surgery...hmm...seems like cliffhangers are an effective way to keep folks reading the report. :scratchin ...Although...DISUNC and Beana9802 did an excellent job of noticing the incident that sparked an evil idea...it was something I debated with myself whether or not I should even include it in the report...I have a feeling I may have to don a flame suit for that one. Oh well, that's for later.

Hey Loubon, sheridac, and Cass...I don't really need to see Dan's picture more than once...it's kinda freaking me out. Don't make me delete if from the report!

And hey...I appreciate all the bumps! That's very nice of you guys.

Part 1. Aurora dishes the dirt

“Danny, wake up! We’re going to Blizzard Beach today! … Ha ha! Just kidding! Blizzard beach doesn’t exist!”

Oh boy! Dan is going to have breakfast with some hot princesses today! If he thought Pocahontas at AK was a winning hand, he is going to think he hit the jackpot at Cinderella’s Royal Table.

We arrive at the MK around 7:45 and wait outside the turnstiles with some Princesses in Training. They look just adorable in their sweet little outfits, patiently waiting to see their favorite character. I wonder, however, just how adorable those little dresses will be when the temperature soars this afternoon and the pretty princess material gets all nice and hot and itchy.

They finally let us through the turnstiles at 8:00. Dan is bee-lining straight for the castle, knocking over old ladies and 3-year-old little girls so that he can get there first. Like George Costanza in an apartment fire.

49692castle.JPG

Better get out of Dan's way...he's hungry for some princesses!

Once I’m able to catch up with him inside the castle, I breathlessly announce our royal presence to the hostess.

The woman unrolled her parchment scroll. “Ah yes, Queen Wendy and her village idiot, Dan…we were expecting you.” For our first trip in 2003, Dan made me double-dog swear that I wouldn’t subject him to the princess breakfast because it sounded kind of “gay” to him. Two years later he realized his grave error – princesses are hot and they sure beat fat characters with fake heads (except maybe Buzz). By now Dan knows why we’re here and he is anxious to follow His Royal Highness up the winding staircase. Forget the little girls in Princess dresses, Village Idiot Dan is going to be first to meet these women. He’s got a big grin and his camera ready.

Let the dirty thought marathon begin.

As if making up for the crappy table we had the night before, the hostess seats us at the most amazing table in the castle…right at the center window facing Fantasyland. We oohed and ahhed at the view for about 3 minutes before the princesses started coming out. Then Dan oohed and ahhed in the opposite direction.

49692happy_boy.JPG

Ah...WDW through the eyes of a child...there's so precious at that age, aren't they?

Even Pal Mickey sat silently on our table. He seemed a bit in awe himself.

49692shy_boy.JPG

Mickey is one shy little dude. Notice his lime green ribbon.

Wendy comes out first. She is energetic, and has tons of personality and a fantastic name. I asked, “Why does everyone love Tinkerbelle so much…I always thought she was mean to you.” Wendy admitted in her fake English accent that Tink pulls her ponytail and tried to get her killed once. “Oh that’s nice. All you ever did was have a super cool name.”

Then I asked her what it was like to fly. Boy, did her eyes light up! She became very animated when she explained all it took were happy thoughts and pixie dust. And what a wonderful feeling flying is!

I explained that since we were fresh out of pixie dust, and Dan could possess nothing but nasty thoughts, we wouldn’t be flying anytime soon. The best we had was exit row seats on Northwest Airlines. Wendy gives us a sympathetic look and moves on to the next table.

Belle and Cinderella stop at our table next. A few words, a few pictures (and a few X-rated images in Dan’s head) and the ladies are gliding off to the next table. Dan is beside himself with all the eye candy.

49692Cindy_Dan.JPG

He really looks proud here, doesn't he? Do you think I should tell him that she's just an actress?

Then Aurora paid us a visit. She smiles and patiently waits for a picture. Before Dan had the camera ready I asked her, “Come on, level with us. So many princesses in one castle…any divas among you? Cat fights?”

Aurora gives me a big grin. “Oh, no divas here. We all get along just fine!”

“Aurora,” I said. “I’m a woman…I know better than that. Who’s the diva?”

She drops the smile, looks over her shoulder, and turns back to us, leaning forward. “Alright,” she whispers as if she’s got a secret she’s been dying to tell for ages. “Cinderella is.” She points toward the princess in blue who was several tables away. She quickly straightens back up as if she isn’t sure she should have said anything. “But I guess it’s her right, since it is her castle.”

49692Aurora.JPG

So much gossip to tell, so little time to tell it.

The food at this breakfast is pretty darn good. Between princess visits, we inhale our morning meal. I am cautious to keep the food from sliding between my teeth and defiling my smile for the camera. Dan is just busy eating. He thinks this is the best breakfast yet. I just can’t figure out if his excessive drooling is because of the food, the women, or a combination of both.

49692best_table.JPG

If I'm not food or a princess, I pretty much don't exist...as this picture demonstrates.

When Mary Poppins stops by, I ask her to say Supercali… (blah blah whatever) backwards. “Of course,” she says as if she was expecting me to ask. And then gives a flawless Supercali-whatever backwards for us. At least I think it was flawless. I suppose it could have been just a bunch of random phonemes and Dan and I would have still applauded and said, “Brilliant!” Then I asked her how she keeps her dress so white. Apparently by now I was probing too much because she told me it was a secret, and practically perfect people never give away their secrets. Practically perfect? Lady, you need to work on your modesty.

We finish up our meal and Village Idiot Dan declares that this was a wonderful breakfast and that we have to do it again. He mumbles something about a Dan Sandwich and clutches his camera tightly.

We walk through Tomorrowland and Pal Mickey buzzes. “I hear there are aliens in this area. If you’re afraid of them, then stay away from Alien Encounter.”

Oh that shouldn’t be a problem Mickey, considering that IT DOESN’T EXIST. Either you are having serious short-term memory issues, or we need a little rewiring work done on you. One of the selling features of this little guy is that you can bring him back into the parks in future visits. So he doesn’t say a word about Mission Space, Soarin’, Stitch’s Great Escape, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Turtle Talk, Expedition Everest, or Lights, Motor, Action…but spews all kinds of fun facts about Alien Encounter, Tarzan Rocks, Timekeeper, and the Wonders of Life pavilion. What kind of a satanic toy is this, anyway? He’s only good the day you buy him? He’s stuck in some kind of permanent time warp, and any park updates thereafter are worthless? (Then again that shouldn’t be a problem, considering that Disney never changes things in the parks.) I suppose I could just keep buying new Pal Mickeys for every visit…I know that’s what they want, those diabolical marketing weenies.

Well, since he was (sort of) talking about it…let’s try Stitch’s Great Escape. We haven’t tried it yet, but I read the reviews and so I’m expecting crap…which is basically what we got. Somewhere in the transition from Alien to Stitch, it lost something. Parts of it that made sense before didn’t seem to work this time. I thought that the infamous chili dog part (“MY chili cheese dog!”) was over-the-top and completely obnoxious. Believe it or not, I actually liked the movie. And two years ago I had no issues with Stitch at all. But lately it seems as though Disney is stuffing Stitch down our throats…he’s taken over an attraction, the monorail spiel, even wake-up calls…it’s quite a turn-off. Yes, I know. There are a billion Stitch fans out there. And a million and a half Tink fans. Sorry. I’m just a classic Mickey fan, through and through.

Dan wants to ride the Speedway cars. Super. I reluctantly agree, but only if I get to drive. Has any adult actually been able to drive these contraptions? First, Dan is 6’5” and waaaaay too tall to sit comfortably in this thing. So he has to tuck his knees in close to his chest like a sitting fetal position. If we had a head-on collision with another Speedway car going 7 miles per hour, he would so be killed. (I had to remind the Brains of This Operation that it was his brilliant idea.) Then, the steering was all over the place. I really had a difficult time keeping the car from slamming into the guide rail. The track was much longer than I anticipated, so Dan had to hug his knees and endure my hellish, wheel-jerking, rail-slamming driving much longer than he cared to. I felt like a FL Tours driver in training. Then finally…back to the drop-off. Ack. Cars were 10 deep in, waiting to get back to the starting point and revving all those diesel fumes up our nostrils. We waited and waited before being able to shoehorn ourselves out of those tin cans and step onto the pavement.

Gee Pal, can we go on that again?

I see the crowds are picking up…and the rain has started again. Dan, bring out the ponchos. No way I want my Pal Mickey worse off than he is. Let’s hit Toontown Fair and see what’s brewing at the Big Mouse’s house.

49692s_house.JPG

Why do husbands always take pictures of our rear ends?

Now this is funny…Mickey has 9 identical outfits. Don’t they say that most geniuses do this so that they never waste creative energy on stuff like this? Or is that an urban legend? Not that I’m dissing my favorite character or anything, but I wouldn’t exactly call Mickey a brainiac. A swell pal, but never a genius. Unlike Minnie’s home, Mickey’s house is completely hands-off. Every room is roped off like a museum. Are they afraid we’re going to take off with his clothes? Those gloves are way too big for me and his glasses aren’t close to my prescription. Where is the guy, anyway? His place is a mess.

49692in_the_fridge-med.JPG

Caught snooping in the fridge. What can I say? I'm all about the food.

After a short visit, it’s time to leave the MK and get over to MGM.

49692bus.JPG

The bus all to ourselves...just another occasion for a photo op.

We arrive at MGM just before noon. The crowds are heavy in this park, too. In fact, wow. Crowds really suck over here. And then it hits me…MGM has evening EMH tonight. Duh. Way to plan THAT one.

First stop…let’s see if we can’t update our Pal here.

Dan and I walk into a Pal Mickey shop and see hundreds of brand-new, updated, fresh-in-the-box Pal Mickeys staring at us with those black beady eyes, taunting us…

“What is that you have there…Gee Pal, that Mickey is really old. What are all those nasty stains? He doesn’t still talk about Alien Encounter or If You Had Wings, does he? Ha ha! He probably only knows three games. Wow, look at my cool new clothes! Wanna hear the latest facts on all the newest attractions?”

Pay no attention to them, Dan. Just keep walking.

Dan and I approach the CMs and I place my beat-up Mickey on the counter. “Anything you can do about –(dropping my voice to a whisper)– updating my Pal here? He has a weird fetish with extinct attractions.”

The CM gave us a frown. “Hmm…he isn’t programmed for fetishes. Well, why don’t we re-zap him and get him all fixed up?” I agreed and thanked her.

What happened next was very strange. I passed the Mickster over to the CM and she placed him on the counter and unzipped his back. As she was prepping him for a re-zapping, I suddenly felt like she was taking my baby away for surgery. I swear that I started to choke up, like I was nervous about her mishandling him. When you don’t have children of your own, I suppose Pal Mickey is the best substitute. Sad, I know. I guess my maternal instincts didn’t know the difference.

I almost yelled, “Be careful with him! That’s my kid you got there!” Instead, I gave Dan a panicked look. Dan, reading my expression perfectly, gives me a sympathetic smile, leans over the counter, and does the talking for me. “Is this going to hurt?” he asks.

The CM laughed. She didn’t realize we were serious.

When the re-zapping was complete, the CM gives us a big smile. “Okay, Mickey is all set. He shouldn’t be talking about old attractions anymore…of course, he won’t be talking about new ones, either.”

I snatched Mickey from her and cuddled him. You okay, Pal? Mommy and Daddy were so worried!

Next installment: Part 2. Dan and Wendy, Cast Members Extraordinaire

Ohhh,.. we had that table at CRT too, right in the middle of the window ~ it was awesome.

I don't know why so many people knock the food here, I enjoyed it both times we ate there, and the coffee was good too.

Too bad Jasmine wasn't there, the men seem to like her - a lot!

Oh Phew! I was worried about Pal Mickey! Poor little fella!
Wait...what does she mean about not talking about new attractions either?!?

The rezapping only helps clear out the junk, but it can't add any new data. So once you bought a Pal Mickey, he's locked in that time and cannot talk about anything new after the purchase date. Since I purchased him in 2003, he won't recognize anything added to the parks after that.

That's why they're evil marketing weenies. Because we have to keep buying new Mickeys. They're evil, but genius.

Beana9802 said:
PS-Village idiot...that's hysterical!
Yeah well...Dan won't be too amused when he reads this tomorrow. :scared:

Dan's a man after my own heart. You have to take him to the Princess breakfast in Norway. Not only do you get the princesses, you also get cute Norwegian waitresses who don't speak English. Heaven!

Then you go over to Morocco and in the back there is a photo area where Jasmine sometimes appears. I put my arm around her for a photo and she promptly removed it and placed it on her arm saying Aladdin wouldn't approve! Funny, I didn't see him anywhere around. He must have been busy playing with his monkey.

Go over to China and you'll see Mulan. And not warrior Mulan either...kimono Mulan. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Just have Dan e-mail next time you go and I'll give him the lowdown of where the hot characters are.

And regarding the picture of your rear.....might I remind you that it was you in your last report who was taking pictures of the rears of strange men in line in front of you????

I am amused. :surfweb:

Man this thing is being totally draaaagggggeeeeddd out. Are you just trying to see how many adoring fans you can get to post? :rolleyes:

If only they knew you like I do!! ;)

bratus913 said:
I am amused. :surfweb:

Man this thing is being totally draaaagggggeeeeddd out. Are you just trying to see how many adoring fans you can get to post? :rolleyes:

If only they knew you like I do!! ;)

Got any pictures of you taken walking into anyplace? :rolleyes1

hucifer said:
“Danny, wake up! We’re going to Blizzard Beach today! … Ha ha! Just kidding! Blizzard beach doesn’t exist!”

Pure EVIL :maleficen

hucifer said:
Dan is going to have breakfast with some hot princesses today!

OK! OK! You not "Pure Evil"...just EVIL!

hucifer said:
Dan is bee-lining straight for the castle, knocking over old ladies and 3-year-old little girls so that he can get there first. Like George Costanza in an apartment fire.
With every post I like Dan more & more....haven't made up my mind yet about you!!!! :teeth:

hucifer said:
village idiot, Dan

Tsk Tsk! Back to PURE EVIL :maleficen

hucifer said:
Two years later he realized ...princesses are hot

Two Years it took him to realize this???? Ok back down to just EVIL for you!

hucifer said:
Mickey is one shy little dude. Notice his lime green ribbon.
Awe how cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! :sick:

hucifer said:
Dan is beside himself with all the eye candy.
Did you see the Thought Balloon over his head? It consisted of himself with all the Princesses at Blizzard Beach!!!! :love:

hucifer said:
She drops the smile, looks over her shoulder, and turns back to us, leaning forward. “Alright,” she whispers as if she’s got a secret she’s been dying to tell for ages. “Cinderella is.” She points toward the princess in blue who was several tables away. She quickly straightens back up as if she isn’t sure she should have said anything. “But I guess it’s her right, since it is her castle.”.

Just for getting that info, YOU are WICKED GENIUS EVIL :worship:

hucifer said:
Mary Poppins ...Practically perfect?.

It even says so on her Tape Measure!!!!!! Mary Poppins Practically Perfect in Everyway! I can identify with that! :rolleyes1

I am Glad you didn't replace your Mickey!

Again..... :thumbsup2 Great Report! A LONG ONE TOO THIS TIME...With LOTSA PICS! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter