Hucifer and Dan's flipping huge trip report *Last 3 days/Epilogue! 10/9, pgs 36-38*

What a trip!
Thanks for the wonderful trip report. I was hooked very early on and am sad it has ended so soon.
Tears of joy are streaming down my face. I just told my 9 yr old son the other day, one of the most important things I can teach him is laugh at himself and see a little humor in everything. I have faith that you and Dad will succeed at this with your own little peanut! :goodvibes

by the way....doesn't get you out of the spy accusation....

Well...I am in a horribly sentimental mood today so reading through the last of your trip report probably wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had :teeth:

But seriously, when I read that you are expecting, my eyes just FILLED with tears immediately. I remembered reading your earlier installment with the little girl on the monorail and I just felt sooooooooooooo happy for you and Dan. I haven't been keeping up with this TR (or as many others) as I would have liked since I have been so busy with school. But I am really glad I caught up on yours today, it made me so happy! Now you have a little Disney baby on the way and I just know you will both be the coolest, funnest, and sweetest parents ever.

Congratulations!! :woohoo:

I've been following along through this whole story and just felt the need to say thank you for sharing your trip with us ... and congratulations on your pregnancy! :-) hope you had a blast in the World. :-)

Hi Wendy... I enjoyed your trip report SO much. When I saw you had posted the end, I went to the beginning and read it all over. You are so talented in your writing. I love reading about couples like you and Dan. As you read, it's like we're having the fun with you guys. I was so happy for you when I read the epilogue, like I knew you or something! I felt terrible for you when I read about how you cried when you saw that cute little girl on the monorail. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!! You and Dan will be such wonderful parents. Can't wait for your next trippie.. have a magical day! :wizard:

Don't laugh, but the HP lounge is one of my favorite spots in Epcot! We try to avoid Epcot on weekends because it is closed then. Just scan an HP badge at the enterance, and you can walk right in. The first time we didn't have our badge with us, and it took several rings to get them to answer. They get tourists trying to come in all day long, so I think they simply ignore it unless you are persistant. Even then, they were pretty frosty until the computer verified that dh was actually an employee. But let me say that they treat HP employees VERY well!

The behavior towards your group was very odd! I do know that they don't like to answer the doorbell because it is usually a scammer, and that the are required to have one HP employee and one Disney employee in the lounge at all times. Nothing in there is breakable (it stood up to my clan!) and they always offer to take group photos of us.

The lounge is a great place! It has a cool modern theme to it that fits well with the Mission Space ride. Two sides are made out of glass windows where you can look down on portions of MS. There is a cube with a green screen for sending video emails, a laptop with internet, photo printer and free printing from your digital camera, and a nicely laid out selection of sanitary supplies for your use in the spotless bathrooms! I like to sit back and put my feet up, with the drinks provided by the employees, and my husband and kids play with that digital game thingie in the center of the room and with the rest of the electronics.

We use this room as a break on a hot day, rather than going back to the hotel. We don't leave until we are cool, rested, and hydrated. Yes it would feel crowded with a tour group in there, but it wasn't for our family of 7!

I'd post some photos, but they are on a laptop in Austin at the moment. If anyone is truly interested, I'll have it back next week. Hopefully I have some without my cuties faces in them.

It would make a DULL tour stop if you can only stand in the center and look around, but it is a great place to cool off and refresh yourself! Did you see the "gift shop" at the bottom of the stairs? Dh and I laugh about it each time. They make a big deal of the items being on sale "only to HP employees" but the stuff is boring and high priced.

Anyways Hucifer, sorry about the snotty (literally!) tour guide and congratulations on your little peanut! How in the word did you manage to keep it a secret this long? I actually cried at your monorail story, and I'm not a cryer.

hucifer said:
We walk over to Mission: Space. Instead of going into the main entrance, she leads us to a cleverly hidden entrance just to the left of the main entrance. We sneak around the corner to a door that is marked “Hewlett-Packard.” We can’t get in right away because no one is answering her secret knock. So we stand around the area and start to talk amongst ourselves.

Finally, someone answers Chiquita’s desperate knocking and opens the secret door. The group shuffles in and the secret door closes behind us. We are standing in a small room that is next to a staircase. When the excitement of the uninvited guests wore down, Chiquita was able to collect herself again and commence with the tour. She said that some of the pavilions had sponsors, like this one, and that the sponsor’s employees had access to private lounges. Others didn’t have sponsors, like Wonders of Life and Spaceship Earth, but that was okay too. Anyway, we, the privileged few on the Undiscovered Future World Tour, were granted permission to see HP’s lounge. And by God, if she had to do a head count to make sure no one else was sneaking in, that’s what she would do!

An HP representative came down the staircase and informed Chiquita that we had the official OK to go into the lounge, but only if we didn’t take pictures of anything or touch anything or bothered anyone or stared at anything too long. She made it seem like this was a very special treat to see this secret lounge. We followed the two up the stairs. The lounge itself was small, but it had some amenities like a kitchenette and a stocked fridge with beverages. There was a window that overlooked the Mission: Space line queue. A family with two children were using the lounge at the moment and seemed perfectly okay that we were staring at them like they were part of the attraction. Meh. I’ve seen enough…next?

Suddenly, the HP rep approached us and in a soft but panicked voice announced that time was up, we had to leave the premises immediately. Geez, get over yourself, lady. We’re not talking about classified military information here. It’s just a stupid lounge.

Chiquita led us back downstairs, through the secret entrance, and back outside.

Hurray! What a great ending! I had no idea! You guys are going to fun and wonderful parents! Have fun with the peanut while he/she is still in the shell! :cool1: :teeth:

oh, congratulations Wendy and Dan! I am so very happy for you! I do hope you will do a "trip report" of your baby's upcoming birth!! Wow, what a fabulously happy ending!

:)

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! Your report was wonderful! I especially loved the section about the Segway tour. We want to do that next year, and I'm sure I'll spend a good portion of the tour with the same look on my face that you had on yours. No doubt my DH will be a natural at it too like Dan was (well, all except for that little incident, LOL). Congratulations on your little one on the way!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter