Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!! 51 Chapters Completed!! 926 Pics!

I would like to do the tour at some point in the future, but I don't think this is the year for me to do it. It's going to be too hectic of a trip - I can tell that already - and I think that throwing the tour in there will be too much for me this time around. I've already seen the parade enough times to where I think I can stand to skip it this year - and yet, I know I'm going to get stuck seeing it with my friend's family because their son wants to see it.

As for IASW Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday - I never miss those on any holiday trip, but I just get on IASWH in the morning when it opens and there is no line. And then I get on HMH right after. The only thing that my other friends and I keep missing is the Storybook Land boat ride (there are teeny tiny Christmas decorations on the cottages and villages). It never seems to be open during Magic Mornings and when it does open, the line builds rapidly.

For you, however, if you want a kind of overview of the holidays, along with the cookie, the fudge sample, the parade seats, souvenir cup and collectible pin and all that, I think the tour would be ideal. So I hope the other Diva joins you for it if Molly doesn't do the tour!

There were a few things I didn't have time to do last year because I ran out of solo time (all the solo time I had, I spent taking endless photos). I vowed to do those things this year because I thought I was going to have a longer trip, but it's looking like it may not be much longer than last year's trip...and at the rate things are going, I don't think I'm going to have time for any of it!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I would like to do the tour at some point in the future, but I don't think this is the year for me to do it. It's going to be too hectic of a trip - I can tell that already - and I think that throwing the tour in there will be too much for me this time around. I've already seen the parade enough times to where I think I can stand to skip it this year - and yet, I know I'm going to get stuck seeing it with my friend's family because their son wants to see it.

As for IASW Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday - I never miss those on any holiday trip, but I just get on IASWH in the morning when it opens and there is no line. And then I get on HMH right after. The only thing that my other friends and I keep missing is the Storybook Land boat ride (there are teeny tiny Christmas decorations on the cottages and villages). It never seems to be open during Magic Mornings and when it does open, the line builds rapidly.

For you, however, if you want a kind of overview of the holidays, along with the cookie, the fudge sample, the parade seats, souvenir cup and collectible pin and all that, I think the tour would be ideal. So I hope the other Diva joins you for it if Molly doesn't do the tour!

There were a few things I didn't have time to do last year because I ran out of solo time (all the solo time I had, I spent taking endless photos). I vowed to do those things this year because I thought I was going to have a longer trip, but it's looking like it may not be much longer than last year's trip...and at the rate things are going, I don't think I'm going to have time for any of it!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You could end up with a flurry of "company" & doing a lot of the things they want to do & not doing what you want.......I don't mind a little of that, but I surely wouldn't want my entire trip like that. I'd get panicky running on other people's schedules. I'm hoping you get a little time to yourself to do some things on your "to do" list.

I figure you'll send me off in the direction I want to go......after going thru the Superthread....I pretty much have a good idea of what to look for & figure the tour will help cover a few of the biggies of what not to miss. Then I just need to add in the fireworks & I should be set. I'd love to see the WoC but with only the 2 nights.....leary of going to that & having an issue with the fireworks/weather & not seeing those. Those are high on my priority list. Maybe if I see them the first night....I'll do WoC the 2nd night....but chances are.....I'd go see the fireworks again lol It's just who I am!! :rotfl:

I have never done the tour before. What's it like?

I've never done this tour Kaitlin....I have done a couple of the others & really enjoyed them. From what I understand, you get some history of the holidays at DL while listening to Christmas music. They show you some of the decor, take you on the HMH & IASW. You also get seating for the parade with hot cocoa & a gingerbread cookie.

Maybe Sherry (or someone else) can fill you in more on what they do. I'm excited to do this tour!! :yay:

So I realized I had forgotten a very important piece to my trip.......getting a new Annual Pass!! So the rest of our money was freed from the clutches of the bank, so I went online & bought a Premium AP!! :banana: It ran out after the girls trip in March & the plan was to renew it & use it for the Anniversary part of my trip with the hubby....but money was tight & I ended up letting it lapse & buying a 3 day ticket. I felt nakie without it & it stung everytime we ate or purchased anything & they'd ask if I was an AP holder. :headache: Now I'm good for the December trip & the Feb/Mar trip next year & who knows....maybe sneak another one in?? :rolleyes1 Not that I think that will happen unless we magically win the lottery that we don't tend to play.....but a girl can dream can't she?? :cloud9:

So I realized I had forgotten a very important piece to my trip.......getting a new Annual Pass!! So the rest of our money was freed from the clutches of the bank, so I went online & bought a Premium AP!! :banana: It ran out after the girls trip in March & the plan was to renew it & use it for the Anniversary part of my trip with the hubby....but money was tight & I ended up letting it lapse & buying a 3 day ticket. I felt nakie without it & it stung everytime we ate or purchased anything & they'd ask if I was an AP holder. :headache: Now I'm good for the December trip & the Feb/Mar trip next year & who knows....maybe sneak another one in?? :rolleyes1 Not that I think that will happen unless we magically win the lottery that we don't tend to play.....but a girl can dream can't she?? :cloud9:

You know it's funny but Scotty and I always talk about what we would do if we won the lottery. Only problem with that all is that we never buy it.:rotfl:

You know it's funny but Scotty and I always talk about what we would do if we won the lottery. Only problem with that all is that we never buy it.:rotfl:

Once in a blue moon I'll get a ticket....the most I've won is a free ticket.....lol

What do you guys have planned for Halloween?

We'll take the 4 little ones out for trick or treating. Last year we took the twins around the block & brought them home, then Mike took the kids & ventured further out. The twins don't care one way or the other about it, but we'll dress them up for a few minutes!!

What are your plans?

So Michayla 3 weeks ago, broke off her feeding tube, which sent me to Portland for an ER visit at the children's hospital to have it replaced. They couldn't do the type of button she had, so she was admitted & 21 hrs later she finally got to eat (remember all that??)......so on the 20th, she had her sedated echo & had the proper button placed. So guess what she did last night (exactly 3 weeks).......she PULLED OUT THE BUTTON!!!! Picture pulling a dime thru a pencil eraser hole.....yup.....that's what she did. So heartbreaking to know, she never put together that the pain she was feeling was because she was pulling it so hard. So Mike took her to the local ER & they placed a tube in her so we can feed her. I see Portland in the next day or two to get a real button put in. Think we'll just go to the standard balloon style button so if it falls out, we can replace it ourselves. Also way less pain for her. Today she's walking like a very old lady, hunched over.......I feel so bad for her. :sad1:

That sounds just awful, and very painful. Ouch! I hope that maybe there is a solution to get it so she is not pulling on it anymore or something! Hopefully not many more trips to Portland! :hug:

That sounds just awful, and very painful. Ouch! I hope that maybe there is a solution to get it so she is not pulling on it anymore or something! Hopefully not many more trips to Portland! :hug:

Thanx Andrea.....it was a shock that she actually got it out.....that shouldn't have been able to happen. She's one strong little monkey...that's for sure!

I think we'll just go back to the balloon style & that way we can have a back up on hand. I went out & found a couple onesies big enough to fit her. That way she can't get to it.....think she'll be wearing a oneside under every outfit from now on. Not sure what I'll do when she gets bigger. Her body is growing very fast as her cognative skills are not.

I'm sorry to hear about Michayla. What are the kids dressing up as?

Thanx Kaitlin!! :hug:

Michayla~~Cinderella
Shyann~~Snow White
Addy~~Rupunzel/Tangled
Anthony~~Capt Jack Sparrow

They should all look pretty cute!!

I took Addy & Anthony to a Kid Halloween Party at the Eagles Lodge yesterday & they went as Jasmine & Capt Jack:

003-1.jpg

015.jpg

The pumpkin carving is going on now.....I'm starting to think we should have done dinner first.....lol :rolleyes1

I'm sorry to hear about Michayla. What are the kids dressing up as?

Kaitlin, are you going to dress up? And what is your costume if you are?

Michayla~~Cinderella
Shyann~~Snow White
Addy~~Rupunzel/Tangled

I took Addy & Anthony to a Kid Halloween Party at the Eagles Lodge yesterday & they went as Jasmine & Capt Jack:

003-1.jpg

015.jpg

The pumpkin carving is going on now.....I'm starting to think we should have done dinner first.....lol :rolleyes1

Addy makes such a beautiful Jasmine. I can hardly wait to see pictures of all the pumpkins and the kids in their costumes.

Kaitlin, are you going to dress up? And what is your costume if you are?
I will be one of those Disney Tourists. I might post it after school.

Michayla~~Cinderella
Shyann~~Snow White
Addy~~Rupunzel/Tangled

003-1.jpg

015.jpg

Love Anthony and Addy's costumes. I can't wait to see the kids costumes.

Oh that's great Kaitlin! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Addy makes such a beautiful Jasmine. I can hardly wait to see pictures of all the pumpkins and the kids in their costumes.

Thanx Michele.....Addy is a looker that's for sure.....gonna have to watch her close here in the next few years! :scared1:

That sounds like a great costume Kaitlin!!

I'll post pics of the 4 of them tomorrow night!

Oh that's great Kaitlin! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

ME TOO!!!:woohoo:

Laurie I am so sorry to hear about all the issues with Michayla. I had an issue with Katy when she was younger where she decided that every time she went number two in her diaper she wanted to "play" with it. Gross I know but I could NOT keep her out of it so I started buying her a bunch of one piece outfits or overalls that type thing. Just a suggestion and I know with her being bigger it might be harder to find those but it is a thought. Good luck and I hope she feels better!!

Also the kids look cute and I hope they had fun! My girls are pretty excited for tonight. :)

I'll see if I can do it after school tomorrow.

:cool1:

Laurie I am so sorry to hear about all the issues with Michayla. I had an issue with Katy when she was younger where she decided that every time she went number two in her diaper she wanted to "play" with it. Gross I know but I could NOT keep her out of it so I started buying her a bunch of one piece outfits or overalls that type thing. Just a suggestion and I know with her being bigger it might be harder to find those but it is a thought. Good luck and I hope she feels better!!

Also the kids look cute and I hope they had fun! My girls are pretty excited for tonight. :)

I did find 24mth onesies that actually fit but no give, so will need to order some online....we've already decided she'll have to keep wearing then under her outfits to keep her from having access to the button. Just feel so bad for her.....she's in quite a bit of pain. Going to Portland tomorrow morning to have a button put in again. :sad1:

:cool1:

I did find 24mth onesies that actually fit but no give, so will need to order some online....we've already decided she'll have to keep wearing then under her outfits to keep her from having access to the button. Just feel so bad for her.....she's in quite a bit of pain. Going to Portland tomorrow morning to have a button put in again. :sad1:

Laurie, I feel so sorry for her. And for you, it is so hard to see your children suffer and to not be able to do anything about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter