Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!! 51 Chapters Completed!! 926 Pics!

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!! *******, Now just have to learn all about what that baby can do. These days cameras do just about any and every thing but if it cooks and cleans --I am going to go get one myself :).

Patty
and I got my camera

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!! *******, Now just have to learn all about what that baby can do. These days cameras do just about any and every thing but if it cooks and cleans --I am going to go get one myself :).

Patty

:rotfl2: I wish it could do all that!!! lol It is pretty fancy!! :yay:

My PTR has been a bit quiet, but don't think that's because it's not on my mind. I'm constantly thinking about this upcoming trip!! People that have followed my other trips know I'm an uber-planner.....but this trip is different. I'm going solo, hotel was taken care of, limited time so not setting any sit down meals, purchased my plane tickets.....so I don't have a lot of things I can do...other than wait. :rolleyes1 I will need to call on Nov. 7th for the Holiday Tour on Dec. 7th & still need to arrange a ride to & from the airport. But for the most part....everything's done. WEIRD!!

Right now I know Sherry, Molly & Janelle will be there at the same time, but everything's up in the air on when & how much time we'll be spending together. I'm ok going it alone as my agenda for this trip is probably different from the others that will be there. I'm not looking to do a lot of rides...which a lot of others love to do. I want to get to all 3 hotels to take pictures, go to DCA to picture the holiday decor over there & then spend the majority of the time at DL going camera crazy. I want to bring home as much of the holiday feel as I can to share with the family.

My other mission is to add to my Disney ornament collection!! I did my first Disney tree last year & can't wait to be in DL to pick up some new pretties to put on my tree!! I also might get all new stockings for my huge family! So I'm hoping the World of Disney Store still ships....there's no way I could fit all my treasures into my luggage for the flight! :rotfl2:

This was the little tree in my room....I put my Antenna Toppers & Keychains on it:

Dec10016.jpg

This was my main tree:

Dec10012.jpg

My tree topper:

ornaments001.jpg

So planning this trip is actually difficult for me....as I always have a plan going in. I'm hoping to spend some decent time with Janelle (and her co-worker) as she's only there the one day....but I don't want to keep them from running all over the park. There was some talk of getting together for a late dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Sherry is going to have out of town friends in....so not sure of my plans with her...but still think eating at Goofy's Kitchen is a must (even if I have to drag her away from something or someone else) :lmao: And I'm not sure what Molly is looking forward to doing yet.....so hopefully we'll get some time together too. There is a possibility of one of the Diva's flying in on the morning of the 7th & she was hoping to do the afternoon tour....so I might have someone with me for that!! :yay:

Other than that......I just need to get a larger memory card for my camera. That way I won't have to run back to the hotel to upload pics to my laptop.

:cheer2: Can't Wait!!! :cheer2:

I bought a second memory card for mine so I could just change my cards.

Laurie -

I am so excited for you to go during Christmas time this year and you get to meet Sherry! Glad the IRS got everything straightened out. Congratulations to Mike on his new toy - sounds awesome. It sounds like everything is going well and coming together nicely. Keeping your family in my prayers that housing that will meet your needs will be quick in coming. It was definitely a nice surprise to see your pretrip report. :woohoo:

I did get accepted into nursing school and start in January. Unfortunately no trips to Disneyland are in the near future. Only options for next year will be March during Spring Break or December during winter break but i am hoping something will work out.

Kris

I bought a second memory card for mine so I could just change my cards.

We thought about a 2nd card, but Mike said we could get a higher quality card that will hold more pictures & write them faster to the memory so I don't have to wait 3-5 secs before I can focus on a new picture. (parades & fireworks I'd like the ability to snap a little quicker) Doing this will give me a 2nd card!!

Laurie -

I am so excited for you to go during Christmas time this year and you get to meet Sherry! Glad the IRS got everything straightened out. Congratulations to Mike on his new toy - sounds awesome. It sounds like everything is going well and coming together nicely. Keeping your family in my prayers that housing that will meet your needs will be quick in coming. It was definitely a nice surprise to see your pretrip report. :woohoo:

I did get accepted into nursing school and start in January. Unfortunately no trips to Disneyland are in the near future. Only options for next year will be March during Spring Break or December during winter break but i am hoping something will work out.

Kris

Hi Kris!! :hug: Yay for getting into nursing school....that's awesome news!! I'm very excited about this trip.....as you remember....Christmas time was the original plans for the family. So even if the whole lot of us can't go....I'll get that little fix I've been craving for quite a while!! :woohoo:

As for the housing....we've found a nice place & are just waiting for the final approval. The owners gave us a big thumbs up for a 2 yr lease. I got a call today from the company doing the background check & our current property mgmt company refused to give a referral until we put in notice. Crazy!! I didn't want to put in notice until I knew we had a place to go & dates of when we could move in.....but I put in notice by email & will mail the hard copy tomorrow. The mgr emailed back that they would now release the info...but it definitely held things up. The background company said, things looked fine & as long as there weren't evictions or criminal history it should be a go. I would have loved having the answer today so I could use the weekend to plan out our move but will have to wait until Monday. I'll go with the plan we're getting the place but just don't know what date we can take the house. It needs cleaned first....or they can reduce our 1st months rent & we'll do it ourselves.

I never thought about things like that with the card. I am tired and not thinking as clearly as I might. I have been running around for everyone today.

I never thought about things like that with the card. I am tired and not thinking as clearly as I might. I have been running around for everyone today.

Being a taxi & running errands is more tiring than if you worked an 8 hr day. I didn't know there was a difference in the memory cards but Mike did & said that's what he'd be getting me.....he so smart!! :idea:

Being a taxi & running errands is more tiring than if you worked an 8 hr day. I didn't know there was a difference in the memory cards but Mike did & said that's what he'd be getting me.....he so smart!! :idea:

I ran errands for over 8 hours. And none of it was for me.:rolleyes1 Although I did get myself a nice new wallet. I was in search of a tank top for Scotty's costume. Plus the supplies. I don't know if you saw my fb status but he needs a costume for two races he is doing. He is going to be Richard Simmons, This should be fun.

It's nice that Mike knows that stuff.

I ran errands for over 8 hours. And none of it was for me.:rolleyes1 Although I did get myself a nice new wallet. I was in search of a tank top for Scotty's costume. Plus the supplies. I don't know if you saw my fb status but he needs a costume for two races he is doing. He is going to be Richard Simmons, This should be fun.

It's nice that Mike knows that stuff.

:rotfl: Richard Simmons? I love it!!!!! :rotfl:

(Mike better know about those things....he just bought a $1700 camera set-up) :scared1: :laughing:

So the guy at the camera store recommends a class 6 or higher card. And, he threw in an 8MB class 6 card "free". Remeber your camera cannot take picture number 2 until pic 1 has written. My new camera can take upto 6 pics/sec and can also shoot in RAW format (RAW files are huge files since nothing has been removed or compressed) so write speed is key. Nice feature on my new camera is 2 SD card slots, so I can use the second for overflow or 1 for RAW and 1 for JPEG. Still learning how to use it :confused3 (only have 119 days, 9:15 to go B4 trip)

I have to really think about what I want for the trip! And I have to check with the budget for the tour. :)

I love that you used antenna toppers and keychains on that small tree....I LOVE keychains, and I always want to get toppers but don't trust my fellow man enough to put them on an antenna. Great idea!

So the guy at the camera store recommends a class 6 or higher card. And, he threw in an 8MB class 6 card "free". Remeber your camera cannot take picture number 2 until pic 1 has written. My new camera can take upto 6 pics/sec and can also shoot in RAW format (RAW files are huge files since nothing has been removed or compressed) so write speed is key. Nice feature on my new camera is 2 SD card slots, so I can use the second for overflow or 1 for RAW and 1 for JPEG. Still learning how to use it :confused3 (only have 119 days, 9:15 to go B4 trip)

Think of the fun pictures you get practicing.:goodvibes

I have to really think about what I want for the trip! And I have to check with the budget for the tour. :)

I love that you used antenna toppers and keychains on that small tree....I LOVE keychains, and I always want to get toppers but don't trust my fellow man enough to put them on an antenna. Great idea!

You still have time to figure out your priorities Molly.......Since I've never gone over the holidays, I want to soak in as much as possible. I love rides, but it's not a priority this trip. I'm doing the tour so I do get on the 2 holiday overlays.

I still use the antenna toppers on the van & luckily have not had any problems with them......disappearing (knocking on wood). I thought the tree was a great way to display them....in fact I left it up & it's still decorated in my room..... :rolleyes1 What can I say....I love Disney & I love Christmas!!! My room doesn't look like an adult/married couple's room....it looks like a kid room with big plushes, street signs & Mickey & Cinderella stuff all over. It makes me happy when I go in the bedroom!! :love::cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter