How to used borrowed points first?

quandrea

DIS Veteran
I will be modifying a reservation soon. I used borrowed points to make the reservation as well as current points. My new reservation will use fewer points. Of course I’d like to use the borrowed points first.

When I go into the booking tool to modify, will the system automatically use those borrowed points first, or will I need to direct it to use them first? Or is this something I need to have MS do and I need to wait until nine to call?

When you do a modification, the system will use all borrowed points first as long as you designate the particular contract (if you have multiple contracts) that has the borrowed points as one to be used for the new reservation.

When you do a modification, the system will use all borrowed points first as long as you designate the particular contract (if you have multiple contracts) that has the borrowed points as one to be used for the new reservation.
Thank you. That’s perfect! Never done this before!

I borrowed from multiple contracts (we have nine). So if I’m thinking correct, the contracts will all be lined up, I’ll designate which to use and the system will take the borrowed points first.

What happens with a modification is that system, without cancelling the prior reservation, allows you to do the new one as if the old one has already been cancelled, in that it shows contracts and points exactly as they would be if cancellation has already occurred. You then choose the contracts to use if you have more than one contract, and it then uses any borrowed or banked points first regardless of the order you put the contracts in, e.g., if you list three contracts for points to be used, and only the third one has borrowed points, the system will use those borrowed points first before using any others.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter