How to make $3600 on your disney vacation! WE DID!! NEW 9/3*The Epilogue, DONE* p. 54

pigget74 said:
...I had a grandmother that pursed her lips and the angrier she got the more straight her lips became....

...like THIS...??!?!?!?

LucyVanPelt.gif

kimmar067 said:
...like THIS...??!?!?!?

LucyVanPelt.gif

Exactly like that. I also worked at a Catholic school and the nun was kind of big in the rear area and the angier she got the more her skirt hiked up in the back. So if you were ever following behind her you knew if it was a good time to talk or not. :rotfl2:

pigget74 said:
Exactly like that. I also worked at a Catholic school and the nun was kind of big in the rear area and the angier she got the more her skirt hiked up in the back. So if you were ever following behind her you knew if it was a good time to talk or not. :rotfl2:

.... :teeth:

[BTW ~ 'senorita-de-caballo' - 'Day 4' is finished and posted.... :thumbsup2 ]

Horsegirl -

I started this trip report long long ago. I remember how you got the first windfall, but didn't make it much past that. Not from lack of interest - honest!

Apparently, I never posted to your thread (the horror!) and I kept going straight to the trip reports that were flagged for me.

So, I missed a lot as it was happening, but I am all caught up now! What a wonderful wonderful storyteller you are. I love your honesty, and your brilliance (I don't understand everything you say, but I love that you are such a smarty!), and I love your love for your kidlets. Are they are just stunning!!! And I love that you matchy match them! I do that too!

I think my gush fest is over now. But THANK YOU for the great ride!

When were you back at DIZ? I was there from 8/18 thru 8/28. I hope you will be regaling us again soon!

Horsegirl,

It was a real pleasure to read about your wonderful family. I can't say it enough, you seem to have such a beautiful soul, one that the reader can really connect with. That is what made your TR so special to me.

I look forward to reading your next TR, and to see if you were able to make even more money! :thumbsup2

All the best,
Wendy

Libade said:
Horsegirl -

I started this trip report long long ago. I remember how you got the first windfall, but didn't make it much past that. Not from lack of interest - honest!

Apparently, I never posted to your thread (the horror!) and I kept going straight to the trip reports that were flagged for me.

Please do not apologize! I am the one who took so long to write this. I am amazed that anyone is even interested given the high caliber of reports out there these days.....Hucifer, UtahMama, my dear friend Happyhaunt, NotMeanest Mama, Jamal, MommyP to name just a few....I am the one who is remiss.
Libade said:
When were you back at DIZ? I was there from 8/18 thru 8/28. I hope you will be regaling us again soon!
We were there from 8/23-29. So maybe we saw you. I will be looking for your trippie with pix, to see if I reconize you.

HUCIFER! Thank you fellow herbivore! I am loving your musings to, baby! And will add a few dining comments on the next one, just because you asked.... :teeth:

Pigglet and Kimmar. I love OT and look forward to some banter on my next trippie, if you'll stop by and Kimmar, I am reading....okay? You are a hoot! and a darn sweet soul. So check out Kimmar's Trippie, too, folks.

And now, without further ado, I present the official last chapter, with closing thoughts.

Epilogue. Chapter 25- 8/23/06 & 9/03/06
The State of Flux. Like it, Hate it, Accept It

I sit here today, August 23, 2006, finishing this story, as my three precious kids sit across the aisle from me in row 6 seats a, b, and c. DJ is next to me because he can be. We no longer need to sit with our children to ensure that no hair is pulled, skin is pinched, blood is drawn between them. This is such a wonderful thing and I look over proudly at them, as if they were the first siblings in the world to get along on a 5-hour air flight in cramped quarters. We are on our way to Disney, again, just 6 months after our last trip. DJ is reading USA Today. Free reading material compliments of the Hilton Hotel that left it outside our door this morning at the Portland Jetport. Free airfare compliments of Delta airlines. Free dining compliments of Disney. What can I say? It was too tempting to pass up. And we only needed 1/3 of our vouchers for this trip. What did we do with the rest ? Well, folks, we are hitting the sunny shores of Hawaii in November, all 5 of us. I have never been there before, but have always wanted to go to the South Pacific. The tickets could not get us to Tahiti, and we actually had to pay a little extra for them above the vouchers, but we are going! I cannot do that trip report on this board, but I will be happy to share this current trip to the Contemporary with you, if you are interested.

We waited 2 years between our first Disney trip with the kids and this one in February, where we came home with just about what we spent for the entire 2 weeks in Florida. I doubt we will have that kind of luck again, but I do know one thing. We will be visiting Disney more than once every two years, if I can finagle the finances and still get trips to other destinations in….like Europe, the Caribbean, South and Central America…..Disney really is the perfect place to take your kids at the ages our kids are now. And it is so much darn fun. We also like traditions, and going back to the same place, is somehow comforting particularly as life consists of a series of moments that allows for so much change.

This past six months, as I wrote this report, held many events for me. I lost a beloved cat named Moo, who had slept with me nearly every night for the past 10 years. My oldest cocker spaniel, Lily, was in a freak accident and was totally paralyzed, but came back to beat the odds and walk again. My horse herd is down one, as I gave away our old mare to a set of grandparents who own a farm and needed a good horse for their grandchildren to ride. I wrote my first piece of literature, which a few people liked. (Well second really, I wrote an article for my college magazine once, many moons ago, and it is actually that article that intrigued DJ to first ask me out.) My youngest son cut his beautiful locks and needed a crew cut yet again for a third time. My parents surprised me for my birthday and bought us new living room furnishings, soup to nuts. I lost 20 pounds. The winter left, the spring came, the summer was here, and now fall is creeping in.

I went to New Jersey and Pennsylvania twice since beginning this story. Once was on the way to a trip to DC and the in-laws in West Virginia. Another was a weekend getaway to visit a bunch of wacky new friends, friends I met here on the DIS. This was perhaps the biggest surprise of all, making pals here on this little board. It has been an unexpected and wonderful bonus that I never anticipated when I began my first installment last March….And so blame them, for the fact that I will be traveling to Disney once more, in September, just one month after this trip I returned from a mere five days ago. Okay, you do not have to blame them for my going, that is my responsibility, but for tempting me. I just have to meet all the special personalities I have become so fond of while being here. Friendship. It is a really important part of life. Some people have difficulty qualifying online friendships as real. I am not one of those. I have formed close ties and relationships with a large group of people. They have made me laugh, cry, been there for support and significantly improved the quality of my life. They have taught me new lessons, which for an old hen like me is a great thing. You readers fall into that category, as your contributions have touched me deeply and been a part of my growth. So thanks to all of you for taking the time to read and reply to this story. It has meant a great deal to me, and I am certain I would not have finished had it not been for all your encouragement.

Time ticks on. Life happens. We go forward, if we are lucky, and backwards unfortunately, sometimes. There is no escaping it. Flux. T. S. Elliot wrote about it. Change can be difficult, challenging and even painful, but it can also be miraculous and allow for exciting, wonderful and new things to happen. Change keeps life interesting, stimulating, fresh. It does for me. This past six months since our trip has been a time of personal growth and learning for me. Some experiences have been joyous and a few extremely painful. I have added a few new dimensions to my essence that I feel would not have occurred had I not embarked on this journal. So I take the good with the bad. And just like any athletic competition, there are winning days and losing days….the goal is to come out ahead when the season is done, even if we want to win every match and don't. So I leave you with my wish, that each one of you has more wins than loses, and comes out on top at the end of the season.

Adieu, Au revior, Shalom, Sayonara, See ya later taters and Goodnight, Johnboy, for the moment. See you all on the morrow.

Horsey out. :yay:

Holy Carp, Sheridac! You my dearest borgtwinsister are really OZ. You are omnipotent, which is amazing and frightening all at once! :teeth: Thanks for almost always being the first to reply. Go forward with your fabulous trippie, and look for it Peeps, it will be a doozy, when it shows up here.... :banana:

HorseGirl- I am so sorry for your furry losses! I am so sad for you!!!

Happy for your weight loss though!!! That is great! :thumbsup2 Way to Go!!!

Your Epilogue was so touching and sweet!
You are One Blessed Mama! And, one great friend! :goodvibes

Love Ya-
UtahMama

P.S. I now say "Holy Carp" on a regular basis!!!

UtahMama said:
HorseGirl- I am so sorry for your furry losses! I am so sad for you!!!

Happy for your weight loss though!!! That is great! :thumbsup2 Way to Go!!!

Your Epilogue was so touching and sweet!
You are One Blessed Mama! And, one great friend! :goodvibes

Love Ya-
UtahMama

P.S. I now say "Holy Carp" on a regular basis!!!

Thanks Mama! I am one of your biggest fans, and now will have time to devote a bit more time to dissing since the kiddies are finally back in school! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I love 'em, but I was happy to see them back in their routines.

Look forward to getting to know you better! :teeth:

horsegirl said:
Holy Carp, Sheridac! You my dearest borgtwinsister are really OZ. You are omnipotent, which is amazing and frightening all at once! :teeth:
It IS scary, isn't it? She's does the same thing to mine. She's everywhere. :scared: But you're right...her TR should be interesting (to say the least).

Horse, I am sorry for your losses but pleased to read a very thoughtful epilogue. I look forward to your future TRs and seeing how your children grow in front of our eyes.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Great way to conclude your trip. I have really enjoyed the fun of your report and your kindess in replying to everyone. Have a great trip this month and I can't wait to read more about your future trips.

Howdy there Horsie!!

I were headed in the wrong direction as I really thought you might have won the fabled cruise over at Millionaire but what a ride you took me on! It was like most of my favorite vacations in that I often got lost but enjoyed where I ended u by accident much more than I might have enjoyed where I had planned to go. :thumbsup2

Attitude is everything and you have everything, including a talent for words and writing. Do something with it. We need wit and wisdom to get through life and if we have little of our own we could borrow a cupful from you. :love:

Slightly Goofy

Horseysweetponybaby,

:love: :love:

That's all I have to say.

About that.

Thank you horsey for one of the best trip reports I have read :thumbsup2

I was lucky enought to find it today and got to read it from start to finish :surfweb:

what a wonderful sunday afternoon I've had :cheer2:

You are a credit to your family and what a great gift to give them of your wonderful holiday :wizard:

I'm glad you finished your report.You are one special lady and have one special family. Everyone looked so happy. And now you will be off on more adventures, the meet and Hawii. I am so jealous. Can't wait to hear more....

Hey! I've been so busy because I'm back at school. I'm not adjusting to high school well...at least my DS being in high school. I need more sleep than I am getting. Football and homework keep me up later at night.

I loved your trip report. Thank you again for sharing it with us :goodvibes
Hopefully I'll get DD on SM in December on our Disney trip. It will probably be our last for some time which makes me sad, but a Dis friend told me the Circle of Life will bring me back to the World perhaps with my grandchildren.

Enjoy the moments with the family. :love: They will gone in a flash as they grow up far too quickly. I know this may sound strange, but thinking about trips alone with DH now makes me sad as soon mine will be gone...at least that's the plan ;) I only need to remind myself of this the next time chaos breaks out :teeth:

Hi there horsegirlfriend,
Just wanted to say thanks for taking me along. Sorry to say I was not one of the legions that wrote in and gave such encouragement. Guess I owe them a shout-out too- thanks one and all. Seems I just kept tabs on you from a distance- don't mean to sound like a stalker, but you get my drift...
You sound like a truly great person...one I'd like to live next-door to and have our kids hang out together. The world could use more people with your heart and spirit. Thanks again and I'll be watching for more from you!
J.

P.S. Didn't you say you were going in Sept.? I'll be there 9/16 - 9/21 with my 4 sisters for our 1st annual Sister-style trip around the World. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter