How to book Delta flight with skymiles for myself and granddaughter?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We both have enough skymiles to book a free flight. I have always booked them together. How do I do this using my miles for my ticket and hers miles for her ticket? Do I have to book them separately?

You could transfer the miles to one account, but you would have to pay a fee to do so. I think its a per mile charge. Its pretty easy to do so, but it might not be worth the cost. Otherwise, I beleive you have to book them separately.

I don’t fly delta but on United you do each person separately. I do all mine online but you need separate accounts set up for each person.

Can I set up a separate account and use my credit card and email?
If she's got her own miles, she already has a separate account.

I agree w/PP, unless you're going to pay to have the miles transferred between accounts, I think you're going to have to book them separately.

They will be separate reservations and if your granddaughter is under 15 you will need to call Delta as you cannot make an online reservation for an unaccompanied minor (I know she’s not really unaccompanied but that’s what it will look like to their system). In any case you should call Delta to ensure that even though you have two separate reservations, they are linked to each other so that Delta’s system knows that the two of you are together, in case of any equipment or schedule changes.

If she's got her own miles, she already has a separate account.

I agree w/PP, unless you're going to pay to have the miles transferred between accounts, I think you're going to have to book them separately.
Yes she does have her own account. I don’t know what I was thinking.

They do not need to be separate reservations.

You just simply fill out the passenger information as you normally would during checkout after you have already selected that you are paying by miles.

Do not transfer your miles to her -- this will cost you a ridiculous amount of money and is totally unnecessary.

They do not need to be separate reservations.

You just simply fill out the passenger information as you normally would during checkout after you have already selected that you are paying by miles.

Do not transfer your miles to her -- this will cost you a ridiculous amount of money and is totally unnecessary.
This will work only of OP has enough miles to book both tickets, which is not the case. You cannot book a ticket using someone else's points. (i.e. Person1 has 30,000 miles, Person2 has 30,000 miles; if the tickets cost 29,000 miles, that requires a transfer or two transactions to book two tickets)

This will work only of OP has enough miles to book both tickets, which is not the case. You cannot book a ticket using someone else's points. (i.e. Person1 has 30,000 miles, Person2 has 30,000 miles; if the tickets cost 29,000 miles, that requires a transfer or two transactions to book two tickets)
Agreed. Some airlines like JetBlue and British Airways have a family pooling system where family members’ miles can be combined to make a reservation, without any transfer being needed, but Delta unfortunately does not.

Oh, sorry. I misread it. I thought she said she had all the miles and was trying to gift it. Either way, do not transfer your miles!

True just tried to book both together and it said not enough miles

Agreed. Some airlines like JetBlue and British Airways have a family pooling system where family members’ miles can be combined to make a reservation, without any transfer being needed, but Delta unfortunately does not.
Delta wants to make it complicated!

You cannot book a ticket together on any airline with payment split between FF miles for one and money for the other. They must be on separate reservations. Same with using FF miles from two accounts; must be separate reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!