How much is your trip to WDW?

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
Sorry if this thread seems too personal for some, but I know I'm not the only person with this question. I've done a search, but haven't found anything with the information I was looking for. The reason I ask is to help with future planning and budgeting, as I intend to make Disney an annual or bi-annual family vacation. As you can see from my ticker, our first family vacation is in less than 2 months. I've already set the dates for our second trip on Oct 31, 2010, and I'd like to make the most of our money as I don't know how well I did with budgeting on this first one.

So I'll start for this upcoming trip October 12-19.
I'm staying offsite in a 3 br 3 ba townhome for 7 nights for 2 adults, 1 child 5, 1 infant.

House - $720
7 Day Base Tickets - $646
MNSSHP - $171
BBB and 3 character meals w/tip - $350
Photopass - $100
Parking - $55
Gas - $240
Groceries - $100
Spending - $700

GRAND TOTAL - $3082 :wizard:

Soooo... How much did you spend?

We booked a package
2 adults 1 4yr old and a 2yr old.
9/26-10/3 5day tickets with park hoppers and the dining plan $1483 stayin at ASMU
MNSSHP around $170
BBB $100
tips $300
Photopass $22
Spending money $800
Stroller rental $100
Groceries $100
Airfare $600
Total $3675

i over budget everything, we probably wont spend $800 in souvies and probably wont tip $300 but i like to over plan things just incase~

Well, we spent much more...

6 Night Package including DDP for 5 3 Disney Adults and 2 Children $3,648 - we stayed at the YC
Travel - $500 (We Drove)
Souvenirs, Tips & Food over the DDP - $900 - this includes $150/child of their own money for souvenirs
DH was sick so over $100 for ibuprofen, cough syrup, etc. (Very Expensive at WDW)
Photopass CD, photobook and prints of pictures $250

This was a first trip for the kids so we let them go overboard with the souvenirs.

$100 for a hotel in DTD for Sept 26. We decided to go down a day early after the package was booked.
$1927 for our Disney package staying Sept 27-Oct 3. It includes our Disney resort... SSR. We were booked at ASMo originally but we got an AWESOME upgrade to a 1bedroom villa at SSR for no additional cost.We also have free dining and 6 day park hoppers passes for 4 people.
$120 for tips
$175 gas (We are driving to Disney)
$100 for food on the drive down and drive home
$50 for Disney shirts for the kids. We go to Disney a lot so we don't do a lot of souvenirs.

A total of......$2472

We are 2 adults and DD5. Nov 25- Dec 2. Seven nights at CSR with FD and 7 day base tickets

Package-$2007
Gas-$75
Food on the way- $50 (two meals we do fast food and get back on the road quick)
One OOP CS- $40(may be overestimating)
Groceries for the room- $50
Tips -$100
Sovies- $100
total- $2422
This is less than what we spend last year for just our package for 5 days without FD!!

We are going 10/14-10/20
2 adults, 1-year old and 1 2 year old

well we spent
2400.00 on

Hotel all star movies
Airfare
3- 7 day park hopper
dining plan

then got 4 tickets to MNSSHP-I forget but I think it was around $150 or more

We were very pleased with our trip this time. 2 adults 2 kids 5 and 3 yrs old, we're staying at value resorts, just need a bed! I'm working to try to make it annual, biannual too, so I'm looking forward to hearing your other responses!

We got 8 days 8 nights free dinning (goes by # of nights, so we'll get food for all the days) $1657
Gas round trip from Pa $150
mousekeeper tips $32 qs dinning so no tips there:banana:
souvies 400.00
T Rex lunch free with mypoints :banana:
photopass $75
snacks/food for drive $50

Total $2364

I don't know if I want to answer out of pure fear but here goes.

We booked a pkg with Dreams Unlimited.

We are a family of four: 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant
AirFare - $173 x4 = $692
Pkg - $1411
Value Resort, Preferred Room, Free Dining, 6 Day Park Pass (no hopper)
Extra Meals - $230
Tips - $125
Cake (it's DS's B'day) - $50
Souvenirs - $360
Airport Parking - $30
Gas to airport (we live far away) $100
So $2998

no free dining here it was cheaper to use the military deal
oct 15-23
8 nights at CBR in pirate room with QS dining plan for 2 adults 1 teenager 1 under 3 1900
5 day park hoppers w/ waterpark and more 300 (military deal)
MNSSHP 158
2 character breakfasts 120
a disney floral delivery for the kiddos 80
photop pass prepurchase CD 100
crib rental (we didn't want a pack and play we would like some decent sleep) 100
gas 150
one plane ticket for the teenager we are bringing (my brothers daughter 300$ ouch
souviners and what nots 800

3700 ouch, why did i go and add that up, it is painful... if we weren't bringin my neice (who is comming to help with my 2 year old daugther ) it would have been about 1000$ less but i really wanted to show another child who would otherwise not be able to experience disney a chance to do it. I can't wait to see her face when she is there, she said, it's just like six flags rt. ha ha ha

We have eight people going. Me, DW, DD17, DD13, DD11, DD9, DS3 and DD17's friend. We were originally planning to get a 4BR villa for $900. Take the auto train down $1230 plus about $400 for gas round trip (I have a Durango.) Five day MYW base tickets (discounted) were around $1700 (give or take $50.) Plus around $1000 to $1200 for food and incidentals... Also, we were planning on going to Sea World, so add another $550 or so. Total would have been around $5980.

Here's what we're actually doing: About a month or so ago Southwest Vacations was running a "Friends Fly Free, Friends Play Free" promotion. The only thing was that the travel dates had to be Mon-Thu. No big deal. I ended up booking a flight (from Albany, NY), two rooms at POFQ, two rental cars, and 8 seven day MTW HOPPER tickets for $5276.38. We'll probably just forgo Sea World. This doesn't include food, but since we'll have the rental cars we'll just go off property and do some grocery shopping.

We'll probably end up paying a couple hundred extra, but we'll be cutting a total of over 48hrs of travel time off the trip by flying (totally worth it!) AND, we'll be staying on-site (even more totally worth it!)

Oh, and we're going to squeeze in MVMCP on DS's 4th birthday! :woohoo: (12/8)

We went over spring break and spent about $2000.

We stayed offsite the first night in Orlando (we drove, didn't fly). We got in town late, checked into an offsite hotel, checked out around 8:30 the next morning and went straight to our hotel. To our surprise, CSR had our room ready!!!

We stayed onsite for 3 nights, 4 day park hoppers, no dining plan. Ate CS most of the time, but hit up T-Rex in DTD and did Ohana for breakfast one day. DH spent most of the money on candy and we bought 6 pairs of ears! (one for each plus 2 pair for nephews back home)

I don't think I would have done anything different! It was everyone's first trip but mine, and though we didn't get to do as much as I would have liked, it was the perfect amount for the initial immersion in all that is WDW. DH was ready to book for next year by the end of our trip.

We have 5 adults, 3 kids(1 14years old) and will be in WDW from 9/11 until 9/21. This is our cheapest trip since 1997!!! We were staying at Pop, 3 rooms, but got upgraded to 2 1bdrs, and 1 studio at SSR. We have free dining. The total package price for the 8 of us was $4110.97. They refunded $149.00 when we were upgraded, bringing our package total to almost $4000!!! It seems almost to good to be true. We usually take $1000 cash for cover tips, souvies, etc. Our biggest expense was the $400 plus dollars for the MNSSHP, but I think it will be worth it. On our previous trips with just dh and kids, we usually spend around $4000 for room, food, souvies, etc... It's hard to believe 8 people will be enjoying disney for 10 days for under $4000. I doubt this will ever happen again. Happy planning.

We've got a 5 night trip planned over New Year's Eve. We did 8 days last March where we bought AP's....so we already have our park tickets. Family of 4 (two adults, two kids):

Air Fare- 150.00 for one ticket (3 tickets were purchased using miles)
Hotel- Free (DVC Members)
Transportation- Free (Magical Express)
Dining Plan- ~120.00 per night x 5 nights= 600.00
Souveniers- 50.00?? (We don't buy much)

So---It adds up to about 800.00--mostly for food. Toss in gratuities and incidentals--we're looking at about 1K.

our trip is 3 adults and baby. me, hubby and my mom. baby is free. we are staying at pop. i think my mom wrote hubby a check for $530. includes her share for tickets/room and the ticket for mnsshp.

we're driving down from new orleans and spending the nite off site. i dunno how much that is, hubby booked it.

we have free dining and will have an ice chest in our room with cokes. i'll be bring some jar baby food as well as formula. hopefully he can have finger foods by then.

i wanna say with the package deal and gas and buying stuff (we get off easy since son will only be 9.5 months and won't know! :lmao: )it's about $1800.

We went on our very first trip last Thanksgiving, Nov 27- Dec 3. Stayed 6 nights at POP in preferred room. DH, DS10 and myself. Dollar amounts are rounded:

685 Airtran tickets
600 room only with AAA discount
660 6 day MYW tix thru UT
600 food and groceries, includes all CS meals plus 1 character meal, appetizers at T-Rex, and way too many groceries from GG
150 souvenirs
275 La Nouba
120 towncar to and from airport
30 mousekeeping tips
50 2 cab rides
10 fridge swap
40 3 refillable mugs
110 trip insurance

TOTAL 3330

This does not incl buying luggage (we did not own any), stuff we packed to bring along for the room, the guide books and online tourguide subscriptions, and all my DS10's own money he spent on souvenirs (and he spent a ton!)
Things I would do differently next time....way less groceries from GG, no refillable mugs, and no La Nouba (since we already saw it).

Going over Thanksgiving:
DH, Me, DD 6, and DD 3

Airfare- 1764.00
Hotel/park passes/trip insurance- 2231.34
DDP- 713.72

Total spent so far- 4709.06

Figure 600+ more on tips and OOP expenses. :)

Kecia

We are a family of 4 2 kids (4 yrs & 2 yrs), our APs aren't due for another 8 months so we only needed to renew the child one and we get it at an DVC rate. The DDP doesn't include the 2 yr old and he is free into the parks.

The room is 'free' since we are DVC members.

OKW 1 bedroom @ WDW 12/11-12/17 free
AKL Studio @ WDW 1- night 12/18 free
All Star Music @ 1 night AP rate $61.00
Child Annual Pass $366.00
Diapers.com $50.00
Groceries $70.00
Rental w/Alamo 12/10-12/19 $427.00
Quick Service DDP 7 nights 2 ad 1 ch $480.00
Spending money (incl OOP food, souvenirs)$2,500.00
Airfare RT for 4 $1,200.00

$5,154.00

We are going for around $2000.00. There are two adults and one child staying at ASMU during the week of Thanksgiving with free dining. Package price was a little over $1400.00. We are driving from Georgia and plan to spend the first night in a hotel off site. Including extra money for some food, tips, gas and souvenirs, I assume we will spend about $500.00. We think it is a great price for a holiday week!

We paid over $16,000 back in 2006, but that was to join DVC. :banana:

Now our rooms are paid for thru the year 2045 (give or take a few years).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter