how much $$$ can u save on hotel if u are a AAA member

Amberly303

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about becoming a AAA member. It says on their website you can save alot of money on hotels this way, along with on restaurants. Is anyone a AAA member ? Could you tell me which hotels accept their card? thanks : )

Most of the major chain hotels (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, Sheraton, Holiday Inn, Choice, etc) have AAA discounts, as do the WDW resorts (discount is either 15% or 20%). Example, AAA rate for Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista is $99/night (taxes not included).

As for restaurants, I know that the Landry chain of restaurants (e.g., Crabhouse) give AAA discounts (either 10% or 15%--but I think it is 10%). Also, AAA discounts (10%) are available at the restaurants in Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure.

I find AAA membership to be of good value.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i think im gonna go ahead and get the AAA membership. Just concerned if the hotels give u there worst rooms because u do get a dicount.........u know just like they do when u have a coupon.......lol

Amberly303

Receiving a poorer room because of AAA discount has NOT been my experience.

You might also consider joining the frequent stay programs--there is no cost to join---of most of these hotels (Hilton, IMHO, has the best, with their double-dip system for obtaining both frequent stay hotel points and frequent flyer points). Most of these programs have some additional perks.

Good luck with your travel plans.

Hate to put a negative spin on things - but many times when I try to book a AAA discount, the prices are HIGHER than normal. For example, was on the Marriott web page yesterday, the AAA discount is higher than normal rates. When I called they said it's because this rate basically stays the same most of the year (some hotels offer a percentage discount, but many more are now offering a rate discount - it's cheaper for them to do so I was told) and so for the time that I am going, the regular hotel discount is cheaper. I find that most of the time, it's more of a hassle to have a AAA membership. I encountered a million problems trying to use it in Sea World last year - they had just received a memo that day that they were discontinuing the accpetance of AAA - so some places were still accepting it, and others were not. Very confusing for staff and guests! In terms of vacation, AAA packages are always more money as well. So, just be prepared to do a bit of research before settling on a AAA price for any hotel, rental car or vacation package.

Tiger

Good points Tiger926, particularly about AAA packages. Sometimes the hotel could be offering a rate that is lower than AAA, which is why it is a good idea to check with the hotel directly--not the general chain (800 number) reservation number to find out about any specials for that particular hotel. Since I get AAA primarily for roadside assistance, any additional perks--hotel discounts, etc are extras.

Before joining AAA check out the prices at hotelkingdom.com if you havent yet. Those prices are better than any discount you can get with AAA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter