How many work in 'down time'?

momto2

greet each new day as a magical journey.
It seems like the last few times we went to WDW, it was go, GO, GO!

I don't know if it is possible for us to slow down ~ want to get in every minute pirate:

What do you do to work in any down time???? :rolleyes: :flower:

We always ready to go when we first get there, so we do! It's usually go, go, go for the first couple of days. :Pinkbounc

By about the third day, we "take it easy". For us this means sleep a little later, visit a water park, or just chill by the hotel pool. :)

We sorta continue that pattern for the rest of our trip. Have a busy day or two and then a slow day. We've been several times now, so we don't really feel the pressure to "do everything". We always have a couple of "must sees" and maybe one PS per day. That way, we're not overscheduled.

We didn't take our kids when they were very young...so all my advice comes from taking older children/teens. Our youngest was 4 the first time he went. He wasn't always willing to nap in the middle of the day, so he was pretty well done for the day by about 6 pm. We didn't have many late nights that trip!!

Now that our children are all teens, it is much easier to talk them into "easy days". They're always willing to sleep in and shop!! :cool1: They are also more willing to nap! But, we make a lot more late nights now...so the rest days become really important.

We have learned to do some basic planning. I just plan what days are the best for each park, make 1 PS per day (so we know we're getting at least one good sit-down meal), and make a list of our "must sees" and anything new. We go by the basic plan and just "wing it" the rest of the time.

We have learned that by slowing down and relaxing, we have had some of our best and most memorable moments. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter