How many of us cross stitch?

TDC Blue Fairy

Earning My Ears
The reason I am wondering how many of us cross stitch is that I have been talking to many of your lately, and it sounds like a lot of us have different patterns. I was thinking of organizing a pattern swap. We won't make it a blind one like the pin swap, but what do you fellow stitchers think? Let me know.......:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

I use to x-stitch up a storm. My hand used to get cramped from holding the hoop so long! :)
I even taught x-stitch and needleart!
I have TONS of books! Wanna trade books for pins? ;)

I do cross stitch and lots of other crafts. I have tonsof books . . . but I don't think I have anything Disney.

If anyone is looking for anything non-Disney in cross stitch, crochet, knit, stamped cross stitch, I probably have something.:D

I cross stitch but I have only done things for new babies.
I have never done a Disney piece.
Needlepoint is my most favorite thing to do and have made tons and tons of needlepoint belts. I tried to design a pin belt but it was just too wide. I would like to give it a go again.
I have made dozens of UK belts and have even gotten paid for my efforts!!!!! Yea , more pin money.

TDC Blue Fairy made the cutest Pluto cross stitch piece for me.:D
I want to put it in the middle of a frame surrounded by all my Pluto pins.
Doesn't that sound spiffy?

PS. I wish this bouncy pink smiley would work for me :confused:

boldpurple.gif

I cross stitch when I have time. I have done a few different Disney patterns. I have seen some new Disney patterns at the stores lately.
Sue Ellen

I also cross stitch though it seems to take me forever to finish anything these days. Seems like my small amount of free time has been changed to obsessing about pins. I have two Disney patterns (both Pooh and Family) and many non Disney patterns.:pinkbounc

Of course this is a good idea. Even though it's taking me longer to get your copies and pin out then i thought. :mad:

Linda:pinkbounc

I cross-stitch too. I'm currently working on the Disney Barbershop Quartet (Mickey, Goofy, Donald & Brer Bear). I've already done the self-portrait (took 3 years!), and Puppy Love. I don't really have any patterns to trade though.

when you get them done. I don't have the patience to cross stitch. Or the time for that matter. Glad there are some cross stitch buddies for our blue fairy though. :earsboy:

Hopemax, I am glad to hear that someone did finsih the self portrait.
I am working it on a sweat shirt on 14 count and it is taking me forever. There are 8 different colors for Mickey's pants alone. and that stool is worse.
But it will look fantastic when it is finally done I bet.
I did the gang in Mickey's car on another sweatshirt and I get lots of compliments on that one. Especially from CM's at TDS. They all come up to me and ask where I got the neat sweatshirt. So I get to brag.
I would love to share patterns, but I don't have anything other than the Gang in the car and Sepf Portrait. Both are from kits, although I have seen the car one int he new Disney book of counted Cross stitch.
But anything you have with Mickey would be greatly appreciated. I just bought a jean's shirt that i want to do something with. Maybe a pattern on the back and a pocket design on the front. So if you have a pattern that might work please get in touch with me. Thanks Peggie.

I can't do it.. I just can't do it!!!

Give me a pencil and some paper and I can draw anything.. give me some flowers and a vase and I can make a beautiful arrangement.. heck.. give me any craft in Michaels and I can do it.. just DON'T put a needle in my hand.. its just a disaster. :(

I tried cross stitching once..it's not a craft for impatient people is it? :rolleyes: Within the first 10 minutes I had a tangled mess in the back of the canvas that resembled a big plate of multicolored spagetti. I tried it again at a craft meet my exMIL (definately doesn't qualitfy as a DMIL :earseek: ) put together. The idea of the meet was to teach people needlework and then sell them these kits.. well, mine was so bad they didn't even attempt to see me a kit!! :crazy:

I envy you guys that can do needlework. I guess I'll just keep my nose in a sketchpad :cool:

Lauri

I love to cross stitch and have several patterns -- Mickey and Pooh books! plus lots of non-Disney

I have made a cross-stitched cover for a pin trading book. Those that came to the DIS-Camp last July got to see it. I am very proud.

Well I would love to trade patterns and do any cross-stitching work for pins too (After May 19th)

Thanks!
Deb

I used to cross stitch for many years. I stopped when I needed reading glasses. I have a book of Disney patterns from 1980 with artwork for a scene with Peter Pan including Tink,Sleeping Beauty,Snow White & the Seven Dwarves,Pinocchio among others. I have a Pocahantas pattern that I did but never framed. A pattern for Alice in Wonderland(started but never finished, and Beauty & the Beast (never started). I'll copy patterns for pins.

I cross stitch. I consider it my therapy! I need it to restore some calm/sanity in my life. I also needlepoint (which currently is my favorite - I enjoy picking fibers/stitches), knit, do hardanger and stumpwork. I am currently working on a cross stitch Pooh for my daughter's Christmas ornament collection. Just please don't ask Shawn how much I have in my needlework stash :)

Bonnie

Oh I do. I have several patterns from Disney. Used to order them from the catalog long ago. Sadly, I let someone borrow the Cinderella Castle pattern after I finished it for my girls and it was never returned. Have 101 dalmations, Aristocats, Beauty and the beast, etc. Currently working on the Lady and the Tramp(of course). I want to find a pattern with the pin trading Mickey Logo. I know some software can transform the picture but I don't have this software.

So great to be back on the boards.

Does anyone know of a good utility or software for translating clipart into cross-stitch charts?

I also wanted to say that sometimes I hate living in the Northwest, last year I saw all those wonderful movie patterns on Ebay and I searched from Vancouver to Seattle and East (Spokane/Tri-Cities) to try and find them and I never did. Then they discontinued them and they seem to not show up on ebay anymore. I was so bummed. I even tried to find them online but the only places that had them instock were in the UK.

I have a few Disney cross-stitch books and leaflets (and I've actually finished and framed a couple).
I just started a new design today. It's the first KIT I've ever bought, because they're usually too expensive, but I had a 50% off coupon from Michael's, so... now after investing over $15.00, I am the proud owner of "Film Strip" by Leisure Arts. Its Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto lounging around a movie set. It is 14 count Aida with a finished size of 15 1/3 inches x 12 1/3 inches :earseek: and using almost 50 colors. Wow!
I've already put about four hours of work into it, (not to mention the woodwork I had to do to make a stretcher large enough for this monster!) and I can see it's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before it ever sees the inside of a frame.

For those of y'all that don't know me, which is probably everybody, I am also a pin trader. Unfortunately, I do it very badly and I never have anything good to trade. I am also a big collector of all kinds of WDW Tomorrowland stuff. I am currently on the prowl for a LE 3500 Skyway 1971-1999 Slider Pin.

I actually have a Disney cross stitch book and have done some of the patterns. Trina used to do cross stitch all the time when we were first married and whenever she put it down, I would pick it up. Before long, I was creating patterns and cross stitching from sweatshirts to coasters to wall hangings. We have even framed some of the cross stitch items that I have done (most were given as gifts). So I guess you can count me in as well.

I am interested how many of you cross stitch left handed? As for the question of software, you don't really need software. Just find a piece of graph paper with the appropriate number of squares per inch and take it to Kinkos or any copy center. Make a copy of the graph paper onto a transparency. Then simply overlay the transparency over the clipart and you have an instant cross stitch pattern.

Jeff

Yeah, but how do you know which colors to use? I like some shading, but not to the level that Stoney Creek likes to use in it's patterns.

Oh and a story, do you know the poster with all the Villains lined up in a dead forest with the castles in the background? They make a screen saver too, among other things. At last years NFFC convention I met a gentlemen who was cross stitching that design, just by looking at the picture! It was amazing. It was also quite large. Needless to say, I don't think I could do that.

Jeff, have you done many transfers like that? I really want to convert the Pin trading Logo with Mickey to cross stitch and then frame it with all my various pin trading pins.

I have never done anything like that. Do you find it easy to follow? How do I choose which count-14, 16, etc.

Any tips would be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter