How many of us cross stitch?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I had no idea there were so many of us!!! This is too cool. Anyone that wants Mickey or Pooh patterns, let me know.....I have a really cute one of Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet hanging from a balloon that would just be too cute framed with the balloon pins. And I have a Minnie that would look great with the Born to Shop pin. I also have Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto, Belle and Beast with Belle in the blue dress, I have a Baby Hercules and Pegasus, Lumiere and the featherduster, and Beast bowing. I have 2 different 102 Dalmatians patterns as well. Just let me know what you would like copies of, and I will be happy to make them. Take care!

I used to cross stich for years, then gave it up just because it got "old".

Picked up a few books with Disney patterns, and I'm hooked again. Working on Mickey self portrait right now, and some Xmas ornaments.

If anyone does get the Mickey pin trader logo converted to cross stich pattern...please send it my way.

Sue

This goes in the category of "things I should know better than to do a month before I go to WDW and thus have no petty cash."

Periodically I search the web for places that sell Disney cross-stitch. Here's a place in the UK that sells Disney patterns http://www.needlecraft-online.com/ . They have so many patterns for the movies.

This depresses me, a small island country gets this wide selection of patterns, and in this huge USA I can only find Pooh patterns and the same 3 or 4 Mickey patterns. Thank goodness for the Internet!

Yes I have done a few of these transfers. The success depends upon the picture you are using and the level of realism you are looking for. If you want it to look photorealistic, the number of colors can be daunting. I try to minimize the number of colors I use by beginning with a simple picture (children's coloring books are a good place to start since they are just line-art). If it is a picture of something, I will overlay the transparency and then get out the thread and begin matching color values to the picture. As for the size of Aida cloth, I try to determine how large or small I want the finished piece to be and then work backwards to determine the size of the graph paper that I will use. I hope that helps, let me know if you need additional information.

Jeff

Yikes Jeff, that already sounds like it goes beyond my capabilities. Any chance of talking you into transfering a Mickey Pin Trading Logo for us??? Hmmm, pretty please.

I will even get Sharon to help me beg on this.

Also, I went digging and this is what I have in patterns if anyone wants a copy:

Lady and the Tramp
Cinderella-dancing with prince
Cinderella-mice with glass slipper
Aristocats-family protrait
101 dalmatians-Piano scene
Beauty and the Beast-Dancing scene
Pocahontas-Boat scene
Pocahantas-embrace with John smith
Mickey and Minnie-Photo shoot
Family Dinner-Thanksgiving meal w/Characters

There is software called Pattern Maker that will help you create patterns from clip art. It is at this site http://www.hobbyware.com/pm_info_main.htm
I have not tried it and don't know exactly how it works but they do have a demo.
Dana
PS It is sold at Michaels who have 50% off coupons all the time.

Oh how I would LOVE to have that Disney Babies Sampler picture for the babies room!!!!! (listed on that UK site that is above)

If anyone has that pattern, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know (yes, I'm begging here!!!)

Sue Ellen

If anyone has something similar to the filmstrip Mickey that is from that UK site I would LOVE a copy. I did write to the webmaster at the site and asked what I would have to do to order from here. I really would love to do that on my pinbag, sweatshirt, whatever. It is beautiful.

And yes Jeff, I do cross stitch left handed. But then again, I do everything with my left hand. Peggie

I love to cross stitch. I work midnights and that's an easy way to stay awake. I have finished 4 wedding samplers for 4 friends since Jan 1st believe it or not. I thought I'd be sick of cross stitch for awhile after I was done but I've got several baby samplers to do now for other friends. Ooooh my aching fingers ;) I only have 101 dalmatian cross stitch Disney patterns but tons of others. If you're looking for anything just let me know, I might can help.
Iris, I would dearly love to have the lady & the tramp pattern. Which scene is it?

Cheryl :jester:

Cheryl, it is of course the famous spaghetti scene with Tony and the other guy in background playing instruments. My copier at work did a great job making some copies.

Let me know if you would like a copy and I would be happy to send it to you.

Poohsfriend and Hopemax, I have been using the software called PATTERN MAKER and it's wonderful! You can take a scanned picture and it will create the counted crossstitch chart. It can be set up to use DMC, Anchor or a couple of other floss brands, select what stitch size is wanted (14, 16, etc.) so you can have it very detailed if you want to use maximum colors. The basic software allows for 90 colors to a pattern. There is a professional version that will allow up to 150.

I bought mine at Michael's craft store so you can purchase it locally or via the link Poohsfriend provided. I believe it cost around $35 - $40. The upgrade to the professional version is around $60. I haven't gotten that yet because I'm waiting to see just how seriously I get back into needlework.

I haven't done cross stitching since I was a child and about the only patterns available were for pillowcases and hand towels. (O.K. I'm dating myself again).

Was just thinking I'd like to create something for my pin bag cover. Does anyone have any patterns of baby Simba or Nyla or anything lion king ?????

If not maybe I can get the program you are talking about and try.....hummmmm......the wheels are turning.

I do cross stitch too.I have done a completed a few Disney pictures but have still to start the one where the characters are sitting round the dinner table.I think it will take a while to complete this one.

Hi Lady Kat.
I haven't cross stitched for years but that program makes it very easy to get back into it. I recommend it highly.

I cross-stich every now and then. I am not very good at it so I can get easily frustrated.

I really should be cross-stiching now. I am working on a Noah's Ark thing for my DH's cousin who is having a baby this month.

I have several patterns...one is a book full and the other 3 are the self port., thanksgiving evening and I'm sorry I don't remember the other it is from the gallery at Downtown Disney :rolleyes:

of people who cross stitch for relaxation..I have done many many birth and wedding samplers..and have only recently finished my first 2 disney projects..(they were kits I got at WDW in 1996-LOL..just never seemed to have time to get started on them)..one was the "self portrait" one..of Mickey painting a picture of Walt..it came with a black and white transfer to add to the image..and the second was of Beauty and the Beast dancing in the ballroom..
So it seems a LOT of us DIS'ers are into crafting..and pin trading!!

Wow, I had no idea there were so many cross-stitchers out there!!

I just started in this about 6, 7 months ago, and absolutely adore it!! However, I'm not really very patient with most existing patterns. Patterns that do shading by going checkerboard drive me up the wall (that is, one block black, one brown, one black, one brown, etc) I very much prefer to do patterns by combining the two -- one thread of black and one of brown. Gets the same shading across, sometimes better, is a heckuva lot faster and easier, and not nearly so frustrating, and creates a more realistic texture :)

Since I started... let's see...

I did two small cat patterns out of books.

Um.

I did the first pattern that was a couple of humming-birds and only a so-so pattern.

Um.

Other than that, I think I've made every other pattern by scratch.

I just finished one of a birdhouse and western tanager that fits in a 6' loop. It's my favorite (and I think most complex) so far of those I've made by hand, and I'm about to do it again for my mom for her birthday this summer (the one I just finished is for my grandma's birthday).

But now I'm trying to find a new pattern to make/work on when I go to my parent's on Tues nights so my mom doesn't see me working on her pattern yet again.

I didn't really look at the time. I'd love to have the pattern for mickey holding hands with the firefighter print that they sell in the MK's "firehouse". Does anyone remember seeing this as cross stitch? If so, it'll be on my purchase list this fall!!!

Thanks,
Cheryl :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter