How many Georgia DVC'ers are there here on the DIS?

We live in Marietta, and we drive. I hate to fly, plus with the long commute to the airport from our house (especially in rush hour), it's just easier and cheaper to drive. We usually go down twice a year--usually a shorter trip in March and a week in December. I figured there might be a lot of Georgia DVCers since it's not a very far distance to travel to WDW.

Another Georgia DVCer here! For almost 5 years we've lived in the Grayson/Loganville area, but Marietta was our home for 17 years! :goodvibes

We usually drive when it's "we" (we are 3 or 4, depending!), but I fly when I'm doing a solo trip! :goodvibes

We live in Flowery Branch and always drive. My parents live in the Villages, Fla. so we always stop on way down to visit. Visit 2 to 3 times per year, getting harder to go as often as son is involved with high school sports.

Nice to meet others from GA.,even if on-line.:)

We live in Athens and also drive.Got our routine down,i drive to Valdosta and wife drives us on into WDW.She is also a RN in the ER andDisney is a much needed escape.

Another one in GA.

We live in Douglasville and just bought BLT on our trip in March. We mostly fly, but have driven it a couple of times. It's not a bad drive.

Looking forward to our first trip to BLT in September!!

It's so nice to meet other DVC'ers from GA.

Hi, Another Ga DVC owner here.
We always drive to WDW, as it is not a bad drive. As others have said, LEAVE EARLY to avoid the ATL traffic (4-6am), and its not bad. Takes about 7.5 hrs or so... We have older kids (15 and 20). The 20 year old does not go anymore he is in college, so it is the 15 year old and a friend, so it is not a bad trip-they sleep and watch dvd's or listen to ipods...... SO nice-I don't miss the days when they were 2 years old-then we flew!!! ha ha
By the way we live in Woodstock,Ga

deerh

Paulding DVC'er...we always drive down. We leave between 4am and 5am so that we are able to be in DTD for lunch at Wolfgang Pucks.

We joined DVC this week and our home resort is BLT! Excited is an understatement! We live just north of Atlanta, GA and drive down every year. Takes about 8 hours if you miss rush hour and we have three children! Never a problem.

Hi :wave:

We live north of atlanta, it usually takes us about 6 1/2 -7 hours. We drive down about 4-5 times a year, our home is VWL :goodvibes.

We like driving, we normally leave around 3 in the morning, miss all the bad traffic through atlanta and locust grove (what IS it with that exit!), take the 429 spur off the turnpike, and are at the hotel by 10 am :). Kids usually sleep the first 4 hours, wake up for breakfast at valdosta when we fill up the gas tank.

I'm not surprised to see so many Georgia DVC'ers, we're close enough to make multiple trips easy and worth it! I know two other families that are DVC in our neighborhood :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter