• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many childfreers only vacation to Disney?

We've been holidaying without children for about 3 years now and only last year bought into DVC. We plan on visiting every year for 2-3 weeks and also take cruises and go on landbased holidays to the Caribbean, Maldives, Far East, Australia etc. Not having the children to pay for anymore allows us much nicer, more expensive holidays!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi steveanddonna, just saw your reply re: what there is to do at WDW besides the theme parks. Thanks!

DH and I did check out the Boardwalk area when we went to WDW last month--we just walked out of Epcot and into the Beach Club/Yacht Club area...we were both fascinated! Had NO IDEA what existed right outside the gate of Epcot. Had never even seen any of the Disney resorts (except via monorail) except the All Star.

We'll probably end up staying at the Swan or Dolphin sometime this fall when the weather is cooler and we feel like walking around the Boardwalk.

I love to travel. There is so much to explore on the big blue marble! We go to something Disney about every two or three years. But we do out of town vacations twice a year now. It was once a year. Have been the last few years, 2004-Boston and WDW, 2003-Las Vegas and Washington DC, 2002-WDW, 2001-London and San Francisco, 2000-Disenyland, 1999 WDW ……. Anyways the next 10 years include Maui, Hawaii a couple of times, Reno, Las Vegas, Spain, San Diego, Mexico, Monterey, WDW and Disneyland.

My wife and I were both lucky enough to have been raised on WDW vacations while growing up, so it seemed the only logical place to vacation as 20-somethings. We were married there in 2001 and became DVC members in 2003, and we couldn't imagine vacationing anywhere else. We look forward to the very few "childless" trips we have left and we are excited about the many "child filled" WDW vacations down the road.

I've been solo 4 of my last 5 visits to WDW. Although I do enjoy going with family, I enjoy going solo too. It gives you the chance to do what you want, when you want. Dine where you want and so on. I'll probably be going solo this year, since I'm planning on doing the Disney Cruise for the first time with my family next April.

We do WDW really often, but we've also been doing Asheville, NC and New York City (love the theater).

But WDW by far seems to be the place where we seem to end up.

Heck, we just found out that we had two free nights at a Starwood property (instead of one), and although we were going to go to Hilton Head for the night- it turned quickly into a free weekend at the Swan!!!

Talk about nuts......... :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter