• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many childfreers only vacation to Disney?

J.Cooper

I need a vacation<br><font color="red">Been flying
Curious, how many childfree disney lovers only vacation to Disney? Or do you go to other places also? We try to go to Disney every other year if not each year. But we do vacation in other places. Another one of our favorite spots is Hawaii!! (paradise)..

We are childfree and get to Disney when we can afford it which isn't that often. We're totally addicted to Disney but we'd rather go for 2-3 weeks and make the most of it, than go for a week on the cheap and have to worry about money. In the meantime we go to Cyprus for our vacations. We've found a hotel that only takes people over the age of 16 wich means we get two weeks of peace and quiet. I don't mind kids at Disney, its all part of it, but when I'm on a relaxing holiday I can do without someone else's kid screaming and running about.

DH and I (childfree) have gone to WDW at least once each year since 2000. We also go other places and very much enjoy cruising. We went to the Bahamas in January are going to Virginia Beach in July and WDW in October. Needless to say we are vacation nuts!

DH and I are childfree. Our plan for this year is to go to Disney every 1-2 months during the cooler months only, and to travel to St. Augustine (beach town on the northern east coast of Florida) during the hotter months. We like to get out of town for long weekends (4 days/3 nights) every month or two, then generally will take a longer (1-2 weeks) vacation during the summer.

I have to admit we are stuck in a vacation rut and we absolutely love it! We have enjoyed the other places we've traveled (Asheville, N.C.; the Bahamas; Arizona; Savannah and Tybee Island; many different Florida beaches), but we love Disney and St Augustine so much that it's hard to imagine going anyplace else!

We do want to check out Las Vegas, though....

Thankfully I did my travelling when I was single, 'cuz WDW is the ONLY place my DH wants to go! In spite of "considering" other destinations every years, we always come back to Disney World. I can't even get him to try a different resort! We did manage a Japan/Thailand trip in 2001, but only because his brother was getting married in Tokyo. We both think WDW is perfect for the childfree because you get to see and enjoy kids without the responsibility, then you see a few who remind you why you chose not to parent in the first place!

DH & I do enjoy other places also. But, Disney is one of our favorites right at the top of our list. Love Hawaii too, but can't afford to go there all the time like Disney.

How nice Donna. Just enjoy the happiest place on earth. We always have to get our Disney fix too. This is the best thing about being childfree, we can get up and go to Disney whenever we want. What resort do you like to stay at?

Lil Lil -
We stay at the Polynesian concierge. I would like to try the Yacht & Beach Club & Animal Kingdom Lodge, but DH is a creature of habit. At least I can pretend I'm in Hawaii or Tahiti!

hey WDW is the best!!!

I have also tried other places in the south (I can't stand to fly) that I can drive too - Atlanta, Savannah, Hilton Head (solo this place was great!!!), Panama City Beach, Penscola, St Augustine (my brother lives here),Vero Beach - but yea I prefer WDW.

brought another timeshare in PCB for my nephew - who at 14 (now he is 15) - says that Disney was "old-hat" - yes he will out grow it - but it might be difficult for a few years.... I was told until he gets to college - then he will appreciate WDW again....that is a longtime....of course I am not sure it is WDW that he will be appreciating - might be PI????

WDW has alot to do and see without even going to the theme parks - so it is great for solos and or couples...

kids have a tendency to want to go to the theme parks - adults can pick and choose what they want when they want it - especially if you are solo....

We have gotten around a bit, but make it back to WDW about every third year.

That seems to keep it fresh. This time getting the AP (for discount purposes), so already are looking towards another trip next Feb. Still deciding which resort to try next. (Tough duty, huh?)

DH and I are DVC owners, so we do get to WDW quite a bit, but it's by far not the only place we go! We travel to Europe a few times a year and to Vegas a lot (it's just an hour away by plane). DH travels for work quite a bit, so I tag along from time to time. The nice thing about being childfree (and having been at my job for 10 years) is we can pick up and go whenever we want! The only thing we have to do is call the pet sitter!

Recently, the majority of our trips within a given year would be to Disney parks, whether it be DLR or WDW. At the same time, we do sometimes make weekend road trips. DH, though, is more of a Disney fan by conversion and has decided that it would be nice to take even more non-Disney trips each year. We've talked back and forth about some big trips, but they may not happen this year after all since we also would like to buy a new house this year...

I've gone to Disney several times without children and it's an absolute blast! :earsboy: I maybe only 19 y/o but I enjoy not having act like 'this is not my family and friends' moments when all Heck breaks lose over a tantrum. :sunny: I get to eat, drink, see, and do what I want when I want to. I get to meet new people in lines. The last time in December 2003 I ended up playing Disney Charades in the Test Track line. And best of all, I can do all my shopping without someone bothering me!

Tinkerbell81284princess:

DH and I are a childfree couple and Disney is definately tops on our list. We do take other vacations as well - but those usually are partially Disney - we've done 5 Disney cruises and have a 6th one booked for the end of the year. So we get to see many new things, but still enjoy Disney. We are planning for Hawaii in 2005 and hope for Alaska in 2006.

I am a mixture of "childless" and "childfree".

That means that for many years I was childless, and not at all happy about it.

Now that I am 50 years old, I would consider myself to be
childfree, but not actually celebrating it. I'm "OK" with it.

That said: Hubby prefers to not vacation at all, so he stays home with our two cats. I have no interest in vacationing ANYWHERE except for WDW. I have had 5 solo trips to WDW, and I have loved them all !

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

DH and I are childless and as we are DVC owners get to WDW about twice a year. I love it there and never get tired of going. DH would like a *little* more variety. So to compromise, we just got back from vacation and split half the time at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas and then went to WDW. The end of the month we're going to Las Vegas. So we try to mix it up.

Nancy :earsgirl:

Originally posted by Claudia Kellenberger
I am a mixture of "childless" and "childfree".

That means that for many years I was childless, and not at all happy about it.

Now that I am 50 years old, I would consider myself to be
childfree, but not actually celebrating it. I'm "OK" with it.

That said: Hubby prefers to not vacation at all, so he stays home with our two cats. I have no interest in vacationing ANYWHERE except for WDW. I have had 5 solo trips to WDW, and I have loved them all !

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Claudia, I think that both childfree and childless people tend to have a lot in common, especially as we get older and the possibility of having kids gets less likely.

So far I haven't done any solo trips, but I am considering them a possibility. I have every other week off from work, so could go quite frequently if I chose to....but so far DH is at least as enthusiastic about Disney trips as me!

I would like to hear from Spiceycat about some of the fun things there are to do at Disney outside of the amusement parks. I haven't even been to the Boardwalk yet, just read about it a few weeks ago! Will have to check it out when we go to Disney later this month.

DH and I have only been married for 2 years and are not yet ready for children. We go to WDW every year and I don't think either of us can imagine going anywhere else for our "big" vacation. We do take weekend trips here and there, but nothing beats the feeling we get when it comes time to plan our annual Disney trip!

Hi floridagirrl2 -

There are SO many non-park things to do in WDW. Our friends/family can't understand how we don't get bored going every year, but we always find something that we just didn't have time for. Of course, it's a great excuse to go back again!

There are the obvious choices like DTD, Cirque du Soleil, Boardwalk, etc, but there are also lots of less well-known activities, especially at the resorts. The carriage rides at Fort Wilderness are very romantic and reasonably priced, but they're also fun with a small group. I understand they have carriages at Port Orleans as well, but we haven't done those. There is also horseback riding at Fort Wilderness, a decent trail ride through pretty scenic areas.
If you're more adventurous/athletic, there is parasailing at the Contemporary. We did a tandem, but there are solo flights as well. We thought it was a little pricey for the short time in the air, but it was pretty cool.
There are also things to do in the parks that aren't typical
"park-y" activities. A lot of the tours are great options for couples/solos, and a neat way to meet other adult travelers since many of the tours are open to age 16 and up only. We did the Segway tour in March and have also done Backstage Magic & Keys to the Kingdom, both excellent. I'm hoping to do Gardens of the World at Epcot in May while DH is golfing.
Did you know there are tours at WL? They have 2, I think, one a general tour and the other oriented towards the food and restaurants at the lodge.
Of course, our favorite activity is people-watching, 'cuz that's where you see some of the best magic happening!:wave2:

We're not "childless", but instead "emptynesters" and it is a wonderful feeling! Having survived 5 big "family" trips with 3 boys over the years, we are now able to come by ourselves and enjoy anything we want.

The end of April will be our third trip alone, having celebrated our 25th and 30th anniversaries there. This time will be 35 years! We deserve it! Staying at Boardwalk for the first time. We rented points that we found on the DIS website.

I'm now spending my evenings trying to read the most pertinent messages on the board, so I'll be fully prepared. Our biggest plans include the Epcot Flower and Garden festival. Can't wait to see WDW all decked out!

We are childfree and just bought DVC in the past year. We love Disney! I am so happy I am married to somebody who loves Disney and Florida (well, not as much as me, but enough!). We do mix up other trips in our Disney trips. We go to Disney about 1-2 times/year. With DVC we will probably go 2x a year. We have done alot of travel in our years. In our 'younger' days we both travelled for business, so we had tons of miles and hotel points. We have travelled to many parts of the world and LOVE cruising. We have slowed down a bit because we don't travel for business as much anymore (no more airline miles). Recently we took a long weekend getaway to Phoenix to try something different. We had an okay time, but it has been almost a year since we have been to Disney and all I kept thinking about was our upcoming trip to BWV this May! I guess I can say I am a Disney freak, but we do like to mix up other trips. We have gone sometimes to Disney more frequently than usual and do enjoy a bit of a break though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter