How long did it take you to arrive via Magical Express?

How long did it take you to arrive via Magical Express?

• Less than 45 minutes

• 45 minutes - 1 hour

• 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours

• 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours

• More than 2 hours!

Results are only viewable after voting.

masonsmousermom

Mouseketeer
I'm hearing a variety of time frames to allow for Disney's Magical Express. I'm hoping to find out from those that used DME just how long it took you to get to Disney? If you'd like to add details, such as what time of day you arrived at the airport, and what time of year it was when you travelled.

Thanks for your help.

We've used it 2 times. First time was in Dec, flight arrived in the morning, we were at POFQ right at 1 hour after landing. 2nd time was in Sept, landed around 1pm, was at Pop by 2pm.

Starting where?

The average Magical Express time is 70 minutes, from stepping off the plane into the terminal to stepping off the bus at your resort.

Always take the 1st flight in the morning.....from the moment I land to checking in....about 1-1/2 hrs....I also pick up my own luggage.

Funny thing....the person who was sitting behind me in the plane used
Disney's luggage service....and just walked to ME...
I picked up my luggage.....got lucky with my bus ready to leave....walked right on through....
The lady was still waiting in ME line....sometimes ya get lucky......
Of course that same bus driver got lost:lmao:
Kerri

1st & last time (almost 2 hours mid day on Sunday in October) to BCV:eek:

hoped right on bus & it left within a few minutes, off to a good start!

Between stops @ CBR & BW stops & all the off-loading of luggage for those who felt the need to drag their stuff with them:confused3 imo, defeats the purpose of the supposed expedient service

Still, a nice idea for those who don't mind sacrificing waiting for vacation time I suppose

I've had an average of 70 mins, from deplaning to resort checkin, after using DME 4-5 times now. The shortest time was 50 mins, got to the checkin desk, no one there but me, right off to the bus, I got right on because I was the last one on, drove right off to our resort (POP), first stop.
But, then I had an 85 min ride from deplaning to resort. Again, I was at POP. But, there was about an 8 min wait at checkin counter, then another 8-10 min wait for the bus. Onto the bus, then a wait of 10 mins total. Off to the resorts...AKL was first this time, then CSR, then POP. At each one of the first two stops there were a lot of people with luggage that had to be unstowed. That added about 5-8 mins extra at each of those stops.

But, for the most part, DME gets me to the resort in a bit over an hour...I voted 1-1/2 hrs.

Arrived Friday, January 4. Was at the gate about 10:40am, off the plane probably 10 mins later. Was at the Beach Club Villas, and checked in (check in took maybe 3 minutes), about 12:40. BC was the 3rd stop on the route for me, and I encountered a huge (but fast moving) line to check in for DME. I did not get my own luggage; it arrived sometime between 12:50 when I walked out of my room, and about 7 pm when I walked back in.
I'd use it again in a heartbeat. LOVED not having to deal with baggage claim, and even though it took longer than most people's experiences on this board, it still was faster than any trip where we've had to collect luggage and get a rental car.

I've had a number of ME rides so I can't state as to one of them. The vast majority were between an hour and an hour and a half.

Once, it took me 2 1/2 hours to get from the airport to POR. But that was only once. It took at least 45 minutes that day to actually get onto the bus. This is not typical.

Between stops @ CBR & BW stops & all the off-loading of luggage for those who felt the need to drag their stuff with them imo, defeats the purpose of the supposed expedient service

They can't do anything about people with carryons. I don't check my suitcase, so yes, the driver has to go get it out from under the bus.

I voted for 45 mins-1 hr, which has been our usual experience (6 trips using DME so far). Most recently, I returned a rental car to MCO after doing so last grocery shopping prior to returning the car. I had arranged for DME ahead of time. I arrived at MCO, dropping off the rental car at about 10:00, grabbed my groceries and hoofed it up to DME in about 5 mins (I have long legs and move pretty fast). Got in the DME line, feeling a little silly with my grocery bags for luggage. They dispatched me to the line for BWV. About 5 mins later they load me onto a bus with folks going to Pop Century and Beach Club; being the only one headed to BWV, I volunteered to be last. It was late and there were a whopping 15 or so of us on the bus.

In the end, it took just about an hour, including dropping off the rental car (maybe an hour and 5 mins). I was expecting it to take longer that late, and having volunteered to be the last one dropped off (ther were tired but excited children in the other parties).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter