How Far of a Walk?

mkutch

Can't get enough of Disney
How far away is the DLH from the convention center? Is it a reasonable walk if you have to haul stuff to and from the convention center? Iw ould really like to book a hotel on site for my family but will be attending/presenting at a conference while we are there. Thanks!!

IMO, it's too far to walk. I would not attempt it with stuff to carry. If you did not have anything to carry, I would say it's a do-able walk, but a long one. (30 to 40 minute walk in my guess-timation.) You would have to walk thru DTD, to Harbor Blvd., down Harbor cross Katella to Convention Way, then down Convention Way to the entrance. :earsboy:

Oh, and I forgot to mention all the stuff your carrying would have to go through the security check at the esplanade, both going to the convention and returning back to DL. :earsboy:

tinkcollector said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention all the stuff your carrying would have to go through the security check at the esplanade, both going to the convention and returning back to DL. :earsboy:

Couldn't you avoid the security checks by go down Disney Drive, past the PPH? It would also decrease your walking time considerably.

samkj said:
Couldn't you avoid the security checks by go down Disney Drive, past the PPH? It would also decrease your walking time considerably.
Yes, this would be a much better route to take. When we stayed at the Hilton, it was about a 15-20 minute walk to the front gates of DL. It would probably take about that same amount of time to walk to the DLH going this route, although if I had to carry stuff, I'd just take a cab. ::yes:: :cool1:

I forgot about Disney Way. You could walk that way and avoid the security check. And I have to say I'm quite impressed a 15-20 minute walk from the Hilton! You all must have some long legs compared to me. It took me just about 10 minutes to walk from the DLH to the shuttle drop-off area just past the esplanade to meet friends. :earsboy:

It is doable. I've stayed at the PPH and walked to the convention centre for a conference -- about a 10-15 minute walk on Disney Drive. I've also walked to DL from the Anaheim Marriott and the Anaheim Hilton -- also a 10-15 minute walk. We walked with our 2 young DDs.

The PPH is a better choice if you need to walk. It is the closest on-property hotel to the Convention Center. I have done the walk before and don't find it too terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter