How does Wilderness Lodge CL stack up?

mystery222184

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling the first week of December for all the holiday festivities and plan on staying at the WL CL. Last year we stayed at the Poly CL and loved it. The lounge was very relaxing, always open, and had great offerings. We chose the WL as we heard it was a great choice in December....and something different. I know the WL Club doesn't stay open like the Poly, but how does it stack up? Can we get coffee all day like at the Poly, drinks? Other options are the GF (staying CL in July as is), Poly again, or Yacht Club. Thanks to your input guys!

We will be traveling the first week of December for all the holiday festivities and plan on staying at the WL CL. Last year we stayed at the Poly CL and loved it. The lounge was very relaxing, always open, and had great offerings. We chose the WL as we heard it was a great choice in December....and something different. I know the WL Club doesn't stay open like the Poly, but how does it stack up? Can we get coffee all day like at the Poly, drinks? Other options are the GF (staying CL in July as is), Poly again, or Yacht Club. Thanks to your input guys!

I have never stayed at Poly CL. My family is currently 10 days into our 11 day stay at YC CL and we did 11 days at WL CL back in July....

We have enjoyed YC CL, but there is just something about WL CL that we liked better.

WL CL CM's were soooooooo friendly and accommodating. The food selections were much better at WL CL than YC CL.
At YC CL, every night you get something fried....emphasis on something, lol...good thing they have signs to help you out in knowing what it was....:rotfl:
At WL CL, we got chili, meatballs, BBQ chicken on a stick, chicken wings, etc.....just a lot more REAL food besides fried puff pastries.

We liked the setup of the WL CL lounge better too. We liked overlooking the lobby and there were more seats. The YC CL lounge is pretty small and we found it to be very busy with no seats on several occasions. We ate alot in our room. That never happened at WL.

We did like that YC CL offered water bottles to take with you to the pool or parks. Nice 20 oz bottles of Dasani. WL did not do that.

We found that YC CL mouse keepers did turndown really early, like 3:30 or 4:00...so we'd often miss it because we were in the room for a break, though they would offer to give us towels or chocolates...

The lounge at YC is open 24 hours and after 10 pm they do have sodas in the fridge until they are gone. They also leave some water out (but no ice) and that is there until its gone....

Overall, I think we do really like YC and would stay here again, but not CL. We LOVE WL and would do CL again...it was that good. :goodvibes

We've never stayed Poly CL or YC CL, but have stayed WL CL, GF RPC and GF SL. Out of the 3, GF RPC is our favorite, with WL CL running a very close second (didn't care for GF SL). I think WL CL is a great choice for a December stay as the lodge is beautiful anytime of year, but especially during the holidays. One of the (many) things I love about WL CL is the lounge. I love how the seating is arranged around the railing overlooking the lobby as it makes for a relaxing time watching everyone come and go from the lodge. Plus the CL CMs were some of the best. YC CL is one I want to try, but I am hesitant because I hear the lounge is pretty small, gets crowded, and there's not really any great view. Those things are the things I didn't care for about GF SL, so I'm always second guessing my choice when I think I made a decision to stay YC CL. I would give WL CL a try....I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck.

No it closes at 10pm, and periodically throughout the day. I think at Christmas time I would choose WL over Poly, and any other time I would choose Poly. If you can afford GF that would definitely be my first choice at Christmas time. I haven't personally stayed CL there. I always cringe at the price, but if money is not a factor. YC is beautiful at Christmas time too. I love the Poly, but it would be my last choice during the holidays.

As far as food goes none of them stack up to Poly, but Wl would be a close second. Yc cl food is not that great. BW is my personal favorite as far as Cl goes.

Thanks for all your advice! Seems like the YC falls a little short for CL. Can you still get coffee/water throughout the day even if they aren't serving food/are temporarily closed at the WL? We loved being able to grab coffee/drinks before going to the parks from the Poly, often in between meal hours.

Just wanted to bump this quickly before I finalize plans .

So is there any way to get coffee/water in between meals while the lounge isn't serving or is it completely closed off. Thanks!

Just wanted to bump this quickly before I finalize plans .

So is there any way to get coffee/water in between meals while the lounge isn't serving or is it completely closed off. Thanks!

At WL, it is completely closed off for abut an hour in between changeovers. :goodvibes

Years ago, I used to do research for a publication concerning a certain Disney related tour book. Thus, I have stayed at every deluxe level, CL and in almost every suite.
Mickeynut1 is correct. WL CL is Disney's best kept secret and rates as #2.

Have fun planning. :thumbsup2

I've stayed CL at AKL, GF (both), YC, BC, and the Poly. I would love to try WL during the holidays. As others have said, YC CL isn't all that amazing... I would give WL a shot since I have read so many good things about it and the holiday decorations would make it nice. AKL and GF (RPC) have lounges overlooking the lobby like WL -- I really like that setup -- the "room" that is the lounge at YC and BC is just ok.

We've stayed at Contemporary, YC and WL CL.

Out of those 3, we loved WL CL's offerings the best.

I don't recall it being open all day for coffee and juices as YC and Contemporary were, since they had the snack room closed off between hours to set up for the next scheduled time. I may be wrong though - this was back in 2010.

Our highlight was enjoying the berry cobbler.... yummmm!!

Enjoy & Have fun! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter