How does vandalism and looting accomplish anything???

I'm sitting here stunned after seeing this. I'm trying to stay sympathetic but the hoodlums are making it difficult. That poor man. :sad2:

I know I pray he is ok, the one shining hope I felt was that in that short 1 1/2 minutes people did come over to him ...black, white, older, younger, male & females...so sad though.

This absolutely ripped my heart and made me feel ill. CBS 12 News

Violence erupts after #Ferguson decision SEE IT --> An old man is allegedly run over, car jacked and hit with his own oxygen tank live on air while the reporter calls for help. #FERGUSON

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152938283782941

That poor old man. I hope the reporter had tape running and the police can arrest the thugs.

The brother of Dorian Johnson, DeAndre Johnson, was found in his car shot and his body burned. Some are saying it's because Dorian recanted his testimony to the grand jury. Others are saying it's because DeAndre gave testimony favorable to Wilson. Dorian was the guy with Michael brown the day he was shot. Maybe both are true and maybe neither. It just seems a little suspicious that with all the mess, that this one young man would be killed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-relative-says-somebody-killed-carnage.html

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/11...r-apartment-complex-where-michael-brown-died/

The brother of Dorian Johnson, DeAndre Johnson, was found in his car shot and his body burned. Some are saying it's because Dorian recanted his testimony to the grand jury. Others are saying it's because DeAndre gave testimony favorable to Wilson. Dorian was the guy with Michael brown the day he was shot. Maybe both are true and maybe neither. It just seems a little suspicious that with all the mess, that this one young man would be killed.
This just gets worse and worse.

That poor old man. I hope the reporter had tape running and the police can arrest the thugs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-relative-says-somebody-killed-carnage.html

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/11...r-apartment-complex-where-michael-brown-died/

I apologize. His name was Deandre Joshua and he was a friend of Dorian's and not his brother. Dorian referred to him as "bruh" and I misinterpreted.

It doesn't . It's just an excuse for a bunch of thugs to vandalize and loot.
It wasn't about Treyvon Martin..this isn't about Michael Brown. How can anyone excuse or condone the actions and behavior in Ferguson?

I disagree. As a first responder (Police specifically). Dealing with dangerous, life threatening situations is part of your training, and what you get paid to do. If you live by the edict of "The safety of the officers is our number one priority", that is backwards thinking, the safety of citizens is your number one priority. You can't have a shoot first, ask questions later policy, and protect the public at the same time.

This logic is 100% contradictory to how every police officer, fire fighter, paramedic, and EMT are trained.

The reason the first responders safety is the #1 priority is because you can't help someone if you are dead or injured. I went through EMT training about a decade ago and they stressed safety on a daily basis, the last thing an accident scene or crime scene needs is more chaos or more injuries because a responder didn't put their own safety first.

It may seem counterproductive for the police to be on the offensive but it makes sense if you think about it, if an officer waits until he is attacked or shot he is no longer able to contain the situation. Once someone attacks or kills a cop they know they are going to prison for life if they are caught and have nothing to lose, making them a huge threat to anyone unfortunate enough to get in their way.

what I hate hearing whenever this happens is when the family says "he was such a good person"

OK if he was such a good person he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing in the first place -whatever got him into trouble

whether it be stealing selling drugs whatever

we had a situation here in Milwaukee with a white officer killing a black teen

the teen was beating the officer with the officers own baton!!!

the officer feared for his life and fired--family again said what a good person he was--ok why was he beating the officer? good people don't do that

unfortunately this officer lost his job over this--which everyone knew was going to happen--and the officals didn't want another Ferguson

I am the mother of 2 Milwaukee police officers both my son and daughter) and I fear for their life everyday
also my soon to be son in law--who happens to be part black and he just made detective--

this just needs to stop--people have to start taking responibilty for their actions and not blaming the police who are just doing there job and protecting the innocent

The police need to back out and LEAVE... Leave the town for them to burn before more death happens. When the police are gone and tv cameras are gone they will go away! I am trying to not sound mean but I just watched 2000 LEO, fire and ems sob as they buried their fallen brother that was killed in the line of duty and I have no more patience for this mess.I am so proud and greatful that even after the brown grand jury came back people here of all races stood in the pouring rain on sides of roads and overpasses to show respect to their fallen brother. So for not I will be greatful to live here even when its bad because this community showed today that they stand behind out police.

what I hate hearing whenever this happens is when the family says "he was such a good person"

OK if he was such a good person he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing in the first place -whatever got him into trouble

whether it be stealing selling drugs whatever

we had a situation here in Milwaukee with a white officer killing a black teen

the teen was beating the officer with the officers own baton!!!

the officer feared for his life and fired--family again said what a good person he was--ok why was he beating the officer? good people don't do that

unfortunately this officer lost his job over this--which everyone knew was going to happen--and the officals didn't want another Ferguson

I am the mother of 2 Milwaukee police officers both my son and daughter) and I fear for their life everyday
also my soon to be son in law--who happens to be part black and he just made detective--

this just needs to stop--people have to start taking responibilty for their actions and not blaming the police who are just doing there job and protecting the innocent

This is my feeling too. I get we love our kids, but we still have to acknowledge who they are and he is not the victim that they are claiming he is. The facts just don't support it. This is where they need to say, he is a good person who made bad decisions. His bad decision to steal and then assault an officer lead to this tragedy that should have never happened. I get they are grieving and cannot imagine the pain they feel, but they have to see what is going on around them and feel guilt for not taking responsibility for who their son was. I could never allow that to happen if I were them, by perpetuating the false idea he was a victim they are fanning the flames. IMO, it is like the parents of any criminal blaming the world for their child's behavior. The reason we have people behaving this way is lack of personal responsibility and it starts with the parents.

This logic is 100% contradictory to how every police officer, fire fighter, paramedic, and EMT are trained.

The reason the first responders safety is the #1 priority is because you can't help someone if you are dead or injured. I went through EMT training about a decade ago and they stressed safety on a daily basis, the last thing an accident scene or crime scene needs is more chaos or more injuries because a responder didn't put their own safety first.

It may seem counterproductive for the police to be on the offensive but it makes sense if you think about it, if an officer waits until he is attacked or shot he is no longer able to contain the situation. Once someone attacks or kills a cop they know they are going to prison for life if they are caught and have nothing to lose, making them a huge threat to anyone unfortunate enough to get in their way.

I am none of those things professionally, but that is even taught in a first aid/CPR course. Always make sure the scene is safe before assisting because otherwise, you risk becoming another patient or killed. Now, our training won't be to the extent that fire/rescue, EMT, or police receive. But even at a basic level--safety of the responder is first priority. There are times where responders will risk their lives, but that is situation dependent and most often because the person needing help would otherwise die. But not a suggested thing to do when being trained.

OK, I just finished reading Wilson's testimony. The prosecutor's treatment of him doesn't differ from the way they treated other witnesses when they gave testimony. Basically, they let them tell the story with a few questions here and there for clarification and then they ask more questions when the witness is finished. Both the prosecutors and grand jury members asked a lot of questions. If anyone is interested in reading Wilson's testimony, I have it linked below. It begins on page 196:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370494-grand-jury-volume-5.html

It's difficult to tell how many of the questions were from Grand Jurors.

Do you think that any of the questions were hardball like a prosecutor would ask on cross? An awful lot of the prosecutor's questions were repetitive and did little to advance the case. Potential defendants hardly ever testify before a Grand Jury. They have no attorney watching out for their interest. Combine this with the softball questioning and one wonders whether his attorney had reason to believe that the prosecution would not be vigorous.

It's difficult to tell how many of the questions were from Grand Jurors.

Do you think that any of the questions were hardball like a prosecutor would ask on cross? An awful lot of the prosecutor's questions were repetitive and did little to advance the case. Potential defendants hardly ever testify before a Grand Jury. They have no attorney watching out for their interest. Combine this with the softball questioning and one wonders whether his attorney had reason to believe that the prosecution would not be vigorous.

Usually, if the questions are from the prosecutors, their names are to the left. If grand jurors are asking questions, there's usually a blank space to the left because their names were redacted.

I don't think the questions were like a cross examination because it wasn't a trial. I do think the questions were thorough. There was a lot of repetitive questioning but that is used at times because it trips up a witness and helps to find out whether someone is lying. If you read through the FBI interviews, they used it effectively to trip up with some of the witnesses. That's how it was discovered who was truthful or who was basically truthful but embellished their stories.

Wilson must have felt strong with his testimony and that's why he appeared. His attorney was outside the room and it was made clear to the witnesses that they could stop at any time if they felt they needed to confer with their attorneys.

Ive said this many times--that until parents start doing there job as parents

and actually raise their kids nothing is going to change--and not to have kids just so they can get more state aid!!

my DH used to teach in Milwaukee Public schools--he only lasted 2 years

MPS says you cant blame the kids--no maybe if they don't know any better

so they should blame the parents but no its the teachers fault!!!

Ive got a friend that has a son that's always is trouble--he just recently got out of jail again

hes a drug dealer and user--my friends remarks are basically its always someone else fault--

one time he sold drugs to an undercover cop--who chased him home and rammed down the backdoor and took him in the backyard--my friend is yelling at the cop for arresting her son even though he was selling drugs to him!!

this last time he was in jail it was for possession of narcs.--first thing our of my friends mouth was it wasn't his fault--there were his girlfriends but he was holding on to them--but regardless of whose they were he was in violation of his parole --

so like I said until parents take responsablity for there kids nothing is going to change my friend is a classic example

Oh I really like the poster that said the police should just leave and just whatever happens happens !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter