How does vandalism and looting accomplish anything???

Sounds like you and Stalin would get along...

Did you see Ferguson burn last night? Did you hear the hundreds of gun shots? I don't like the idea of martial law, however if you're dealing with a bunch of lunatics, there might be no other choice. If nothing is done and someone is killed either by police or another rioter, who do you think will get blamed?

Just heard on the radio that the arrests are up to 80.

I started reading through the piles of grand jury testimony last night and if any people are to blame, it's the first 3 eyewitnesses who made the media rounds in the beginning. They out and out lied. It was a stupid thing for them to do. Did they think just because they said these things that there was no way to refute them? A couple said they saw everything but when questioned by the FBI, it was, well maybe I just repeated what I heard other people say. Michael Brown was shot in the back until the autopsy proved he wasn't. Wilson stood over the body unloading his pistol. All lies:sad2:

The masks are popular because of Anonymous. I doubt many people involved in the riots or not know who Guy Fawkes was.
There appear to be 3 groups:
1. People honestly upset by Michael Browns death.
2. People using the tragedy as an excuse to loot.
3. Outsiders affiliated with terrorist organizations causing mayhem and possibly recruiting members.

If martial law is declared, there's no one blame but the trouble makers and maybe the officials who took policing over from the Ferguson police dept. FPD was tough on the protesters in the beginning and then people decided they were too tough. I guess rioters feelings were hurt. Mayor Slay even issued a statement saying "limited disruption" was ok. That was like giving a kid a candy bar and saying they could only take 1 bite.

Wait until you get to that part of the presentment when Wilson testifies. No challenge or questioning of his story by the prosecutors. The prosecution simply punted. They made no attempt to create a narrative as is normally the situation with Grand Jury presentments.

Talk about lies. Where is the evidence that Wilson was beaten severely and had significant facial fractures, lies that were reported here after being all over the internet? Why wasn't the true extent of his injuries released in real time?

Is anyone really surprised that the local authorities blew it again? They have been clueless and tone deaf since day one. Heck, they invited the riots by announcing the results at night rather than first thing in the morning.

And folks want to blame it all on Sharpton . . .

You deal with any issues that arise after it happens, you don`t do it in an attempt to prevent it.

``Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.``

You deal with any issues that arise after it happens, you don`t do it in an attempt to prevent it.

That isnt rational or logical, that is like saying two people are fighting wth knives we are going to let them fight and take the loser to the hospital or worse the morgue and the winner to jail. These people are savages and firing shots at first responders you have to do whatever you need to to stop it before it starts.

That isnt rational or logical, that is like saying two people are fighting wth knives we are going to let them fight and take the loser to the hospital or worse the morgue and the winner to jail. These people are savages and firing shots at first responders you have to do whatever you need to to stop it before it starts.

I disagree. As a first responder (Police specifically). Dealing with dangerous, life threatening situations is part of your training, and what you get paid to do. If you live by the edict of "The safety of the officers is our number one priority", that is backwards thinking, the safety of citizens is your number one priority. You can't have a shoot first, ask questions later policy, and protect the public at the same time.

To use your analogy, as long as both participants are consenting adults, yes you let them finish their knife fight, then clean up the aftermath, by taking both to the hospital, or to jail, or a combination of both.

Wait until you get to that part of the presentment when Wilson testifies. No challenge or questioning of his story by the prosecutors. The prosecution simply punted. They made no attempt to create a narrative as is normally the situation with Grand Jury presentments.

Talk about lies. Where is the evidence that Wilson was beaten severely and had significant facial fractures, lies that were reported here after being all over the internet? Why wasn't the true extent of his injuries released in real time?

Is anyone really surprised that the local authorities blew it again? They have been clueless and tone deaf since day one. Heck, they invited the riots by announcing the results at night rather than first thing in the morning.

All the evidence backs Wilson's story.
Wilson DID have visible injuries.
Numerous witnesses backed Wilson's story.
Most of the witnesses who denied Wilson's story have since recanted.
The few witnesses who continued to deny Wilson's story all told stories that are refuted by the forensics.

The prosecution isn't supposed to go after an innocent man if the evidence doesn't support prosecution. Cases are just plain dropped every day. In this one, they took the time to present all the facts. You don't have to like the outcome, but it is the correct one.

So you smoke and deal with cancer later? I know what you are saying but that makes no sense to me at all.

If you know that cancer is a possible consequence when smoking and you make the choice to keep doing it, the analogy is 100% correct.

The masks are popular because of Anonymous. I doubt many people involved in the riots or not know who Guy Fawkes was.
There appear to be 3 groups:
1. People honestly upset by Michael Browns death.
2. People using the tragedy as an excuse to loot.
3. Outsiders affiliated with terrorist organizations causing mayhem and possibly recruiting members.

If martial law is declared, there's no one blame but the trouble makers and maybe the officials who took policing over from the Ferguson police dept. FPD was tough on the protesters in the beginning and then people decided they were too tough. I guess rioters feelings were hurt. Mayor Slay even issued a statement saying "limited disruption" was ok. That was like giving a kid a candy bar and saying they could only take 1 bite.

The masks are popular with Anonymous because of Guy Fawkes Day AND the movie "V for Vendetta"

Most folks qualified the statements regarding facial injuries with comments such as alleged and if true.

No statements about anything regarding my crowns side of the story what qualified. Presented as fact without any opportunity to allow for a opposing observation

And it was stated last night. The reason evidence was not released as expected or demanded was because of contradicting eyewitness testimonies and they needed to hold that with them so that they would be able to compare what they claimed happened with the actual evidence of what did happen.

As far as Sharpton, he didn't try to steal Wilson's gun nor did he shoot Brown. What he did do was stir the racial pot and demand a conviction with his hyperbole.

If justice means a white guy MUST be convicted, then people have not a clue of what justice means. But that was the ONLY acceptable justice. What does that tell you?

I didn't get to that testimony yet. Do you know the Volume Number for his testimony? I do know that McCulloch did not present the evidence. His assistants Ms. Alizadeh and Ms. Whirley did. One is African American and one is White.

If the extent of injuries had been released people still would not have been happy. Look at the fits they threw when the convenience store robbery was released.

The rumor about the facial injuries and pictures purporting to be Wilson with the injuries was debunked almost as soon as they were released.

The DOJ leaked the information about the grand jury findings. This turned the prosecution's schedule upside down and so it was unorganized. In fact, a lot of the leaks are thought to trace back to the DOJ.

I don't blame Sharpton because I don't give him that much credit.

The masks are popular with Anonymous because of Guy Fawkes Day AND the movie "V for Vendetta"

I know the masks are popular with Anonymous because of Guy Fawkes and "V for Vendetta". My point is that most people don't know who Guy Fawkes was.

I disagree. As a first responder (Police specifically). Dealing with dangerous, life threatening situations is part of your training, and what you get paid to do. If you live by the edict of "The safety of the officers is our number one priority", that is backwards thinking, the safety of citizens is your number one priority. You can't have a shoot first, ask questions later policy, and protect the public at the same time.

To use your analogy, as long as both participants are consenting adults, yes you let them finish their knife fight, then clean up the aftermath, by taking both to the hospital, or to jail, or a combination of both.

You are not making one bit of sense and have a skewed vew of what somebodies job is or isnt

OK, I just finished reading Wilson's testimony. The prosecutor's treatment of him doesn't differ from the way they treated other witnesses when they gave testimony. Basically, they let them tell the story with a few questions here and there for clarification and then they ask more questions when the witness is finished. Both the prosecutors and grand jury members asked a lot of questions. If anyone is interested in reading Wilson's testimony, I have it linked below. It begins on page 196:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370494-grand-jury-volume-5.html

http://news.yahoo.com/vandalism-looting-vigil-missouri-man-043816425.html?vp=1

I have never understood the mindset of vandalism and looting. What does that prove? If you are trying to say someone was unjustly killed, this does NOT help your cause in any way. IMO, it actually makes it more difficult to have sympathy.

And can we wait for there to be an investigation??? I am in no way giving the police a pass, there should be an investigation, but that needs to happen before we find anyone guilty, and trashing the town does nothing.

It doesn't . It's just an excuse for a bunch of thugs to vandalize and loot.

This absolutely ripped my heart and made me feel ill. CBS 12 News

Violence erupts after #Ferguson decision SEE IT --> An old man is allegedly run over, car jacked and hit with his own oxygen tank live on air while the reporter calls for help. #FERGUSON

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152938283782941
I'm sitting here stunned after seeing this. I'm trying to stay sympathetic but the hoodlums are making it difficult. That poor man. :sad2:

OK, I just finished reading Wilson's testimony. The prosecutor's treatment of him doesn't differ from the way they treated other witnesses when they gave testimony. Basically, they let them tell the story with a few questions here and there for clarification and then they ask more questions when the witness is finished. Both the prosecutors and grand jury members asked a lot of questions. If anyone is interested in reading Wilson's testimony, I have it linked below. It begins on page 196:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370494-grand-jury-volume-5.html

People who believe there should have been a trial really don't care.

Again: justice only equals conviction.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter