How does parking work at Disneyland?

tpmorley

Queen of Hearts
We are staying at the Park Vue Inn (I think) for one night, then checking out to spend one day at DL. Although there is parking at Park Vue, we would prefer to park on property at Disneyland while we are there. How long before park open should we head for the lot? How much is parking? Are there any lots better than others or easier to get to? Anything else I should know?

It is way easier to go from the Park Vue Inn to Disneyland than it is to go from one of the parking lots to Disneyland. If it is okay with the hotel definitely leave your car there. I haven't stayed at that particular hotel so I don't know their policies regarding remaining parked there after check out.

If you do have to park you go to either Toy Story or Mickey and Friends, pay $15 and then walk over to take the tram to the Esplanade to go through security and then enter the parks. When we have parked in the past it has taken us about 30 minutes to get from parking garage to the gates, we did have a two year old and a stroller to deal with also.

I will be curious to hear what others advice is, as my experience is somewhat limited.

Park Vue won't let you keep your car there past check-out time anyway (I've asked before... :( ) Well, that's not technically true. They will let you stay an extra hour or two, but it's more convenient to just move your car right away. Parking is $15 per day at the Disneyland lots, and I prefer the Toy Story lot. The buses seem to come more frequently than do the trams from Mickey & Friends.

Have you thought of going to Disneyland the same day you are spending the night at the hotel? Park Vue Inn will allow you to arrive very early and park your car for free. You can go to Disneyland and check into the hotel later when you take a break. Return to the Park and stay late. Then when you are tired from being all day at the Park you can comfortably spend the night at the hotel. Just a thought.

$15 to park, go to the Toy Story lot, pay, park, ride the shuttle bus to the park and enjoy. It's quite easy to do. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter