How do you get purple for WOC? How wet do you get in the front of red and yellow?

The WOC meal I tried was good. You pay $10-15 extra for the fastpass. There is a slightly lower cost Kids WOC meal.

I would not recomment buying a picnic meal, as it only gets you a Blue or yellow pass for the first show if ordered ahead of time, or the ordering the same day gets you the 2nd show. It is easier to have one person with the admission tickets, just get in line in the morning at GRR fastpass, not spend the money, and buy what you want to for lunch.

...Very Rough Fastpass distribution times at GRR:
(Be in line 20-30 minutes before the below times)

1st show (9:00pm)
9:00 - 9:50 = Blue
9:50 - 10:15 = Yellow
10:15 - 10:45 = Red / Blue Bridge(?)

2nd Show (10:15pm)
10:45 in the same order:

3rd Show (11:15pm)
1:30 - 2:30 or later

Hmmm.... this is interesting. EVERYTHING known up to this point has been that what color is distributed when is randomized. You are stating that there is a very specific (and almost scheduled) distribution. Where did you learn of this schedule? Thanks!

Fastpass distribution estimate:

The order of Color: Blue-Yellow-Red-(Was Orange) seems set, it is when the colors change that is difficult to pin down.

I have gotten fastpasses about 12 times and watched others to determine this. First in line at 9:30 opening you ALWAYS get Blue. Last in line before the change to 2nd show you always got Red/Orange. In between in a narrow window you get yellow. The first color distributed for the 2nd show is always Blue, the last is Red, The first color distributed for the 3rd show is always blue, and late in the day it will be Red. The colors are distributed in blocks to avoid having different members of a party getting different colors. I have asked many of the Hotel guests that got Fastpass's in the morning and ALL got BLue.

It is not guaranteed because there are many factors determine when the colors change: Number of Picinc meals sold the day before, Number of passes distributed to the Hotel guests early, Number of people that line up early and RUN to the GRR WOC Fastpass, number of guests in your group, etc.

The Cast members will not know when the colors change so to avoid confusion it is posted that they cannot accept requests or guarantee color.

ALSO: Think what would happen if the Hotel and first people in the park got the rotten RED Section, and a person later in the day getting the Best (Yellow?) Section..... That would happen with a random distribution. This doesn't happen for a reason. They put tickets in the six (6) Fastpass machines quickly and if they came out Red-Blue-Blue-Yellow-Red-Red-Yellow-Red it would be KAIOUS. They come out Blue-Blue-Blue (until out) then -Yellow-Yelow-Yellow then -Red-Red.

1) The best plan for a great view is to purchase a meal (Not the picnic box that gets you blue or yellow.) and you can arrive at 7:30-7:45 and get spot at the rail just below the VIP section. This section doesn't fill in early!! :yay: There is a good reason for the location of the VIP section - and just below is not filled in early.

2) If you have the blue section you can usually get a spot next to the VIP Section. :cool1:

3) Or, Fight the crowd and get there early, and/or get wet.
Or, Later 11:15 show.:confused3

Very Rough Fastpass distribution times at GRR:
(Be in line 20-30 minutes before the below times)

1st show (9:00pm)
9:00 - 9:50 = Blue
9:50 - 10:15 = Yellow
10:15 - 10:45 = Red / Blue Bridge(?)

2nd Show (10:15pm)
10:45 in the same order:

3rd Show (11:15pm)
1:30 - 2:30 or later

Picnic Box: Blue followed by Yellow(?)

On Sat. at about 9:20 we got yellow. The CMs told us they wanted the tix for everyone in our party at once, not one person holding 4 and the next person in line holding 4, to make sure we got all the same section.

I'm kind of surprised at the distinctions being drawn between blue being great, yellow okay and red rotten. The show is about as wide as the viewing area and very tall. It's like saying the left side of a movie theatre or the back row is rotten. I guess that's why I wouldn't pay for the dining. I don't care if I'm the center section of a movie theatre. And if you still have to show up at 7:30 for a seat, what else did it get you besides center?

The crowds really weren't a mob scene. It was milder than Fantasmic crowds both nights I went. You file in, sit down, chat, stand up around 8 or 8:15, get a little closer together if you're in a lower section. For me, it never got hard to walk around or get out to the restroom, even from the wet zone. No one was in my personal space like they get for F! I guess maybe I was lucky both nights.

The WOC Show is not a flat screen like a movie theater.

It is not centered with the viewing area,
and is angled towards the Blue and away from the Red.

Anywere in the Blue to Yellow sections are good. I have been in Blue,
Preferred, Yellow, Red Wet, all good, some better (Red Wet or Back of Preferred).

There are 3 large Rear Screens, and one smaller Front Screen.
The 3D affects jump from the Rear Middle to the Front Screen.

I have also been in the middle of the Red Section and
could not see the front screen very well or not at all.

............................................................................................
............................................................................................
______REAR______ ......______REAR______........_____ REAR______
...................................____FRONT____....................................
AG ........................................................................................

_________BLUE______Preferred________YELLOW______________RED______

Also, If you are not at the front rail on each tier, you could be behind a tall person,
or a Kid on their parents shoulders.

I didn't notice any 3D effects from my three vantage points. I saw a field of fountains, the spray projection screens, fire effects and lasers. I may well have missed stuff. I didn't find it all that riveting. :upsidedow I'm one who gets choked up by Fantasmic every time, though, despite having seen it dozens of times. :laughing:

Mary09

Thanks for your input.... "3D" example is in the Whale final section a whale does a flip on the larger rear center screen and lands with a bright yellow splash on the front screen.

I will note that Hotel Guests that enter before 9:30 can also receive Yellow.
Hopefully with more data points we can figure it out better.

I like WOC better than Fantasmic... But Fantasmic is easier to get a good view, as the same image is on several screens and the front of the viewing areas are sloped. For me once you have seen Fantasmic with Murphy working it is enough. But DLR has something for everyone to like.

Popping back in here to say thanks so much guys! All of your information is so helpful for those of us planning. (Especially those of us who have just one shot and won't be back anytime soon.)

I am going to call and make reservations for one of the restaurants tomorrow and then see what fp color we get in the am. I think whether you get the blue or the yellow as a hotel guest might depend on how many picnic lunches they sell for that day? We have ps for storytellers for lunch that day so if we do the dinner, we'll just pick up something light for lunch and it really won't be that much extra money above what we would spend for lunch, if any.

Really, I only want to do this once and not deal with it again on our trip. What makes it tough is that DL opens at 8, 7 for mm twice while we are there, and we don't want to sacrifice good morning time at Dl to get the FPs. We'll try it once on Wed and if it isn't a good color, we'll do the dinner.

I think I will take all the kids to DL, and after we enter, give DH our tickets to run over to GCH line. It seems that waiting for the rope drop and then rushing to TSMM is what everyone else does and now with the WOC FP set up, the line is not really that short first thing in the ams. How short is that line? Is that worth giving up early time at DL to do that? Now that we know TSMM is open during WOC, we could just go after the first WOC show and the line would probably be less of a wait than in the am at rope drop?

As long as the tickets are activated for the day, it doesn't matter what park we are in, correct? We don't all have to be in CA, right?

Your people can be in any park, they just need their tickets to have been scanned.

In the interest of getting more accurate info out there, I should correct myself. I said we got yellow FPs at 9:20. We got them about 20 mins. after DCA opened to the general public. I was thinking that was 9am but was it 9:30? If so we would've gotten to the machine about 9:50.

I didn't even notice there were front and rear projection screens! :rotfl:

I think I will take all the kids to DL, and after we enter, give DH our tickets to run over to GCH line.
As long as the tickets are activated for the day, it doesn't matter what park we are in, correct? We don't all have to be in CA, right?
As Mary said, you are right. And what your DH is doing is what I plan to do on one of our mornings. Go into DL with the whole crew, do some rides, leave DL, go into DCA thru the GCH entrance priot to 9:30, get the WOC FPs, then back to DL.

It seems that waiting for the rope drop and then rushing to TSMM is what everyone else does and now with the WOC FP set up, the line is not really that short first thing in the ams.
It is not what "everyone else does". It is what some people do. While there are many subjects that most of us on this forum are in general agreement upon, TSMM is not one of them. There is a group that likes to get into DCA early and do TSMM first thing. There is a second group that does TSMM late afternoon or evening. I am in the second group.

Since DCA opens at 10AM I cannot see the benefit of going early into DCA and then waiting for rope drop to be able to ride TSMM. It seems like you are wasting time that could be better spent at the DL park.

The TSMM line pattern is unusual in that it surges in the morning and then drops throughout the day. So it tends to be a lot more crowded at 10:30AM than at 4PM. By the late afternoon it tends to drop to 30 minutes and sometimes down to 20 on typical summer days.

It should be pointed out that over the next two years this will all change, IMO. Once Little Mermaid opens next year and then Cars Land in 2012, and with WOC still going strong, the pressure will be off TSMM and the morning rush will be a thing of the past. :teacher:

Mary09

Thanks for your input.... "3D" example is in the Whale final section a whale does a flip on the larger rear center screen and lands with a bright yellow splash on the front screen.

I will note that Hotel Guests that enter before 9:30 can also receive Yellow.
Hopefully with more data points we can figure it out better.

I like WOC better than Fantasmic... But Fantasmic is easier to get a good view, as the same image is on several screens and the front of the viewing areas are sloped. For me once you have seen Fantasmic with Murphy working it is enough. But DLR has something for everyone to like.
I appreciate all the info you are giving! :worship: We have preferred dining reservations week after next and then hope to do a FP for WOC later in the week to see it a second time. :)

We will be in DL this Sun-Tues. We have seriously considered skipping WOC all together this trip, but the Disney fan in me really wants to see the new show:lovestruc, so...
Family enters DL @ 8 am opening Sunday (a MM day). Family begins touring DL, I grab Space FPs and then head over to CA with everyone's tickets. Say its 8:30 give or take. Wait in line to enter CA, immediately get in line to get WOC FPs. I don't really care if we get yellow or blue. Our goal is going to be the back as close to VIP center as we can get. From what I have read, it sounds like we won't need to line up at 7:30 to get the back seats? Right? Maybe show up at 8:30, see the preshow and enjoy WOC. Easy in and relatively easy out. Minimum amount of wait time for the family and minimum amount of park time lost, yet decent views.

Is my thinking sound?

1) The best plan for a great view is to purchase a meal (Not the picnic box that gets you blue or yellow.) and you can arrive at 7:30-7:45 and get spot at the rail just below the VIP section. This section doesn't fill in early!! :yay: There is a good reason for the location of the VIP section - and just below is not filled in early.
I have a concern about your advice here and hope you can comment. When I look at one of the hi-res photos of the viewing area http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/101293-2/ParadisePark_By_Daniel_K_Lew.jpg I see the four concrete structures around the center of the preferred viewing circle (they each have one or two lights on them). If one goes into the blue section railing below the purple VIP section then you will be behind these structures. And I have read posts from people who were very frustrated by others who sat and then kneeled on these structures and the people behind them could not see very well. It seems like your ideal location would put you behind the people who sit on these structures and would block your view. Did you experience this?

i was in red, you don't get that WET, it's more like a mist, but not drenched..

The issue is - you can mp out the area, you can analyze the distribution of FPs, but on the night you are there, the human element enters into play - which cannot be calculated. Rude people putting kids on their shoulders, people perching on concrete areas, someone saving spots for their 37 best friends, Disney lets a line in 2 minutes earlier than another, and on and on.

Even with absolute meticulous planning, the human factor can through a loop.

- Dreams

WOCDetails.jpg

Thanks to Neil K Law for the teriffic photo.

This is the only one I have seen that shows the center screen nozzle and how far off center parts of the Red are.

I have marked the actual areas with the correct colors, The preferred is the medium Green and the Dark Green Areas. Handicapped areas have no color and are marked with an H.

The black line is the exact centerline of the show, starting from the Front Screen Nozzle to the VIP Section.

1) This is the front rail for the Preferred, This and the stairs fill up quickly.

2) [White Squares] These Light fixtures are 3'-6" tall and I now have seen people sitting on the lower one after the start of the show. The Globes are off during the show and only block a small area if you are in the Dark Green Preferred near the center plaza. If they were in the BLUE section for the 9:00 or 10:15 they are not talking about these.

3) The Dark Green Area is Preferred... NOT Blue.... 3 is a great spot in the Perferred area and is my FAVORITE SPOT (Some are calling this blue, but that is only true for the 11:15 show.) This area fills up slowly? as most Preferred run to the front or the steps not knowing the empty Dark Green area is Preferred. But, it is as good as it gets unless you sit on the VIP Bench towards the center with your Plaid guide just above. Next to it is a Trellis and the outside area of this level towards the bridge is the Blue Handicapped. PS: When a CM is not monitoring the entrance to the Blue Handicapped section... some people will sneak past the Handicapped section into the Preferred area.

4) This a a spot in the Blue section that doesn't fill up early, the top 5-8' give you an unobstructed view next to the VIP. The concrete structure just below is about 4' high and during the pre-show the Stage Directors plug in their computers and block you view, but just for the pre-show.

Looking at the photo above makes me wonder why blue is considered good. If you look at the front/centermost blue spot, which is where we were last week, I'm not sure we could even tell there WAS a center projection screen! We might've not been able to see 3/4 of the show? I wish that shot was panned way back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter