HOW do they make those eggs!?!?!

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
So wierd question, but the scrambled eggs taste so different and yummy in the world (Like Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys, and ...ohhhh yumm)

how the heck do they make them? They must add something other than "eggs and a bit of milk" to scramble them up so good.

Anyone know?

Firstly, I have to say that I completely disagree. They are so yucky to me. Unless I can get an omelet made (like at Boma), I avoid them altogether.

I was told that they are actually made from powdered eggs. When they cook them, they use a lot of water and powdered milk to keep them moist.

I, too, have heard that they use powdered eggs. That really wouldn't surprise me. I still enjoy WDW breakfast buffets, anyhow.

I'm pretty sure they use liquid egg which can come in boiling bags or in cartons that are cooked on flat top grills or in deep pans. I work in institutional food and these are very common and quite good. Powdered eggs are more trouble than they're worth and real eggs take forever in that volume.(although when I was with Crackerbarrel I broke an average of 1800 each weekend day).At my hospital the kids love our cheesy eggs and breakfast burritos.

Someone on here said that somewhere adds goat cheese to the eggs and that's the "secret" - but I can't remember if it was everywhere or just one restaurant :)

Boma has goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs, along with plain ones, but I am almost positive that goat cheese is not the secret ingredient. It is too strong of a flavor for them to add it to all of their eggs without people getting kind of freaked out. This is all speculation by me though, but I love goat cheese and can taste it a mile away, lol.

I have read here that Disney uses the liquid egg in the large boil-in bags. My DD in the restaurant business is familiar with this product.

I have had powdered eggs deep in my past, and also powdered milk. I think I could tell if either of these were being used at WDW. They don't seem to be.

I have read here that Disney uses the liquid egg in the large boil-in bags.

1) Correctomondo.
2) All the scrambled eggs come from pre-mix liquid bags.
3) UNLESS you have them made at the omelet station !!!
4) When I want scrambled eggs, this is how I get them.
5) At least I know they were broken from fresh eggs.
6) Without the additives.

NOTE: This is the way most buffets do it.
Whether Disney, Golden Coral, or where ever.
Our couintry club even makes them this way.
And, "Iron Chef" Michael Symon, is our exec chef !

awww bummer. I was hoping it was some fancy thing like a specific kind of cheese, or cream rather than milk, or something? Bummer. I like the eggs, go figure!! Thanks everyone

Wow!, I just registered tonight and I see a question my wife and I asked in the KONA Cafe.
Our server told us they use use cream.
Needless to say I had to try it. We're from the South so we always have grease (usually bacon or sausage) in the pan to reduce sticking and scramble the eggs in a bowl with milk before putting in the pan.
This time I melted butter in a frying pan first, added the eggs and slowly cooked, turning with a spatula as they "whitened" so there never is a dry edge.
This takes longer than our old way so be patient.
Just as the eggs lost the wet look I added some Half & Half or cream and let it boil some of that wetness away.
They weren't exactly like at the KONA but they were close.
I'm not an expert on liquid eggs so I can't address those earlier comments but it could work.
I can almost picture putting the mixture on a griddle surface (I only have a frying pan), and turning with a spatula like I did.
Anyway, I'm glad to be able to contribute to this forum.

Wow!, I just registered tonight and I see a question my wife and I asked in the KONA Cafe.
Our server told us they use use cream.
Needless to say I had to try it. We're from the South so we always have grease (usually bacon or sausage) in the pan to reduce sticking and scramble the eggs in a bowl with milk before putting in the pan.
This time I melted butter in a frying pan first, added the eggs and slowly cooked, turning with a spatula as they "whitened" so there never is a dry edge.
This takes longer than our old way so be patient.
Just as the eggs lost the wet look I added some Half & Half or cream and let it boil some of that wetness away.
They weren't exactly like at the KONA but they were close.
I'm not an expert on liquid eggs so I can't address those earlier comments but it could work.
I can almost picture putting the mixture on a griddle surface (I only have a frying pan), and turning with a spatula like I did.
Anyway, I'm glad to be able to contribute to this forum.

WELCOME!!!! :cheer2: and thanks for your suggestion, I will have to try that. :)

I think they're horrible, they're watery and always look undercooked. Yuck. Sorry to disagree with the OP. Just my opinion, I know everyone has one.

I heard they put them in kitchen cooking bags and boil them in water.

I think they're horrible, they're watery and always look undercooked. Yuck. Sorry to disagree with the OP. Just my opinion, I know everyone has one.

LOL My brother, who loooooooooooves eggs of all kinds, HATES them. LOL Doesn't get how I like them. :goodvibes

LOL My brother, who loooooooooooves eggs of all kinds, HATES them. LOL Doesn't get how I like them. :goodvibes

I'm honestly not a fan of most eggs. For some reason every time we go to 'Ohana for breakfast I always eat more eggs than I generally would all year. Lol! :goodvibes There is something about those eggs that I just really like, I don't know what though..

I told DH at Crystal Palace that I absolutely loved the eggs there. He agreed. He had a breakfast wrap at Pop and a croissant breakfast sandwich at the MK Bakery earlier in the trip & they didn't taste like that.

Since there is a thread on eggs going on, I hope you guys don't mind if I ask an egg-related question! :laughing:
Is it possible to request egg whites at Disney? We have ressies at CRT and CM for breakfast and we will be staying at Pop so I'm wondering if any of those places are able to make egg whites? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter