how do they live with themselves UPDATE

comingtodisney

Mouseketeer
i woke up yesterday morning for work, came down the stairs and noticed the telly had gone and realised we had been burgled. took my purse, dh wallet, xbox 360, games, they also took the car. :sad1: they have come into our house whilst we were asleep. i spent the day cancelling all our cards and trying to sort out our insurances. but what is making me really angry is that they do not know what they have done to us its not just about our possesions but what they have done to us emotionally. my ds 15 keeps crying and saying it does'nt feel or look like our home anymore and my dd 13 would not sleep in her own bed last night and got in with us. me and dh could not sleep even though we have had the locks changed. when i went into the kids bedroom this morning i discovered that they have hidden all their valuables :sad1:

How awful. I'm so sorry :hug:

So sorry, this is terrible and it makes me so cross people would do this.

Sarah X :grouphug:

sending you a massive Hug :hug: :hug:

We have been burgled twice recently they took all the kids christmas presents laptops , tvs , mobile phones and they used the boys paper round bags to carry all the nintendo wii games they smashed our patio doors to get in and used our garden half moon to get the window open !

It took me and the kids a while to get over the feeling, but it does get better with time :grouphug:

Oh my Andrea, my heart goes out to you:hug::hug: Especially what you say about your children hiding their valuables:sad2: that is very sad.
Sadly, what you're describing is becoming more common in todays climate and I know you're not the only one within this community that has suffered this.
I hope they catch the people that did it, what did the police say?
I really hope you're able to put it behind you in time, move on and love your home again:hug:

How awful I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you especially while you were sleeping. This happened at dbf's while we was away for valentines weekend and dbf's dad got home and disturbed them. They had broke in through double glazed windows :scared1: apparently its easy for them to do that now prying them open at the joining.

They took quite a few more material things but its the fact you no longer feel safe in a house that you have been in all your life plus they had took some stuff that was personal to dbf that his mum had left him before she died etc and he can never get those things back.

People that do this are not real people, they don't have a heart. So sorry to hear about it. What we did at db's was get an alarm system where it has sensors for all around the house and you can put upstairs and downstairs in zones. this way when we go to sleep we can set it so that downstairs is alarmed it used keyfobs, it may help you in starting to feel safe again although no this is hard dbf and I still sleep with bats by the side of the bed.

:hug: It must be an awful feeling and one that I dread happening. Hope you can get back to normal soon.

Tina

thanks everybody, whats really hurting is the pain it is causing my kids, my daughters biggest fear was of somebody breaking in. i used to say we were all locked up and everthing would be ok. and we were and they got in, a word of warning, when we lock up we leave the key in the door if you leave it at the right angle they can actually push their key in to push yours out of the otherside. my letterbox is at the bottom of the door so made it quite easy for them.

How awful {:hug:}

It makes me physically sick how people do this.
We've been burgled once (once is enough) the feeling of coming home to all your belongings gone,and the house raided is overwhelming..the babies (eldest now) nursery was ransacked..Sadly like someone else said it's becoming a common problem now.:headache:

I'm sorry to hear about your children reacting like that :sad1:

Hope you manage to sort everything out, x

So very sorry to hear about this and to others that it has happened to. Sending you lots of :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: and hope you all recover soon from the shock.

I am really sorry that this has happened - when I was about 13 our house was burgled, we had only lived there 10 days and I can remember clearly how I felt then and for a long time afterwards, in fact my parents moved my DS and my beds into there room for a while as we could not sleep (they said it was whilst we were decorating and easier to have us all in one room). All you can do is support your children and reasure them, sending you a bit :grouphug: to help a little

So sorry to hear this. We were burgled a year ago and I know how it feels.

Sending you lots of :grouphug::grouphug:

I am so sorry :hug:.And your poor children :sad2:.
When i lived with my nan+grandad we were away at our caravan,and my mum rang to say we had been burgled,i was about 8/9.I still remember now so clearly walking in our house and our stuff just thrown about everywhere etc...+our dog missing,it was terribly upsetting+i ended up sleeping in with my nan+grandad for about a month+when i did go back into my own bed-i ended up bed wetting for a while-these sick,evil people just don't realise what they do to you emotionally-but then i don't suppose they would-they have no hearts :sad2:.I hope all is well with yourselves and your children soon,it will take time :hug:.

Do the police have anything to go on yet?.x.

What a terrible thing to have happened to you & your family.
Think you are all in need of a :grouphug:

So sorry to hear that this has happened to you, I can't believe some people :hug:

How awful hun i am very sorry to hear this hope u and you family can recover from this soon x :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter