how do they live with themselves UPDATE

So sorry to hear this has happened to you :hug: we were broken into when we rented a flat about 3 years ago - they broken in through the day and took our tv, playstation, cds, dvds etc but they also took my boyfriend's car :scared1: the car was recovered that evening, and to be honest I bet they were disapointed when they broke in as it was our first flat and didnt have any expensive possessions!

We were lucky as we rented we moved out within a couple of weeks as our tenancy was up. I was really paranoid about leaving the house empty after that but I promise it gets easier in time. I am still very concious about leaving lights on timers, making sure the alarm is on zones etc when we are out but I don't think thats a bad thing :hug:

Dirty rotten scum. :mad:
Probably someone that doesnt work and feel why should they becauise they can take from all us hard working people..
It makes me sooooo angry.
So sorry your children have been so badly affected by all this..
Thing is if they are caught they will probably get a slap on the wrist and a token fine, they will do it all again because the deterent isnt there to stop them..

big hugs to you and your family ....my family were burgled years ago and i can still remember the shock of it all but it does fade in time !:hug:

Not good :(

But at least you and your family were not attacked and seriously hurt :grouphug:

Nathan always maintains it is best to leave your car keys near the door as they can take them if they really want them, as long as we do not get hurt. After all a car etc can be replaced a life cannot. If they seriously want to get something then they may hurt who ever gets in their way.

Claire ;)

We were broken in to for the third time last Friday night. They didn't get in to the main part of the house this time, so it wasn't as bad. It has shaken me because I am such a light sleeper and I didn't wake up. Three houses/cars were done on our street in one go.

:hug: I know how it feels and I hope this never happens to you again.

Oh dear, I feel so sorry for you all. Such a shock, and emotionally draining. I hope they catch these people, lock them up and throw away the key!

I'm so sorry that this happened to you :hug::hug::hug:
I really hope your kids will be able to get over it soon :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this, big hugs to you & your family. :hug:

It has fortunately never happened to me & I can not begin to imagine how you feel. I have an alarm fitted with seperate zones so you can alarm just the downstairs at night & then the whole house when you go out. That makes me feel secure, along with a panic button next to my bed, all are connected to the police. We even have a baseball bat under our bed. It makes me sad to think that when I was a kid we never even used to lock the front door - I am only 33! What is the world coming too! :sad2:

So sorry to read this. Hugs for both of you, Andrea :grouphug: and Juliette. :grouphug:

Thanks Elaine. We were luckier than Andrea because he couldn't get into the main part of the house. It leaves you feeling very vulnerable and angry. Our first break-in happened when I was alone in bed. The burglar was caught and turned out to be a very violent offender. I was lucky.

The second, I arrived home and disturbed them. I was with DD (then 3) and luckily they fled out the back door. I phoned the police and was reporting the break-in, when I heard a noise upstairs. The next thing the phone was cut off. I have never been so terrified in my life. The police came blazing round with sirens, dogs etc. The neighbours thought I'd been murdered. I still don't know how I got cut off because there was nobody upstairs.:confused3

thanks for everyones kind words :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: , just got home from work and there was a message on the phone from the police to say the car has been retrieved, and to ring them to find out where they have taken it for fingerprinting. just waiting for dh to get home in about 15 mins before ringing. keeping fingers crossed that they have not caused to much damage, will update you all later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter