How do prices at Publix compare to prices in your local market?

We also love the new Publix kind of near the Premium outlets. On our last trip we went to Winn Dixie for some reason, and it was totally fine too. Just avoid Gooding's like the plague...

hollyb said:
Great thank you. Now here's another question, can you find the same brands in Fla that you find at your home store?

Example:
Kraft mac and cheese
perdue chicken nuggets

Kraft is a national brand, so most stores will carry this item. They may not carry the exact shape that you want, but they will have the basic.

Perdue could be different. It would depend what warehouse the chain buys from. Not every chain carries perdue, at least not all the stores I am in carries it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be snarky, but I have children too and I can't imagine ever having to ask about food brands. Do they have allergies that prevent them from eating certain brands? Mine can be pickey, but they have never had a preference to any certain brand. How do you eat in resturants, at friends, in school or any place other than home? Like I said, I am not being snarky, I am really just wondering.

powellrj said:
Kraft is a national brand, so most stores will carry this item. They may not carry the exact shape that you want, but they will have the basic.

Perdue could be different. It would depend what warehouse the chain buys from. Not every chain carries perdue, at least not all the stores I am in carries it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be snarky, but I have children too and I can't imagine ever having to ask about food brands. Do they have allergies that prevent them from eating certain brands? Mine can be pickey, but they have never had a preference to any certain brand. How do you eat in resturants, at friends, in school or any place other than home? Like I said, I am not being snarky, I am really just wondering.

Our DS has Autism and he likes certain brands of food. Yes we do eat out and he is fine if we go to places he likes. It 's a tough challange but he is worth it.

hollyb said:
Our DS has Autism and he likes certain brands of food. Yes we do eat out and he is fine if we go to places he likes. It 's a tough challange but he is worth it.

Holly you might also try the Disabilities board - lots of parents of children with Autism post there.

some stay offsite because they can't afford FW cabins or the DVC resorts and their children needs more room than the value or moderates have....

you can also ask publix if the stores in Orlando/Kissimmee - have these things
http://www.publix.com/

spiceycat said:
Holly you might also try the Disabilities board - lots of parents of children with Autism post there.

some stay offsite because they can't afford FW cabins or the DVC resorts and their children needs more room than the value or moderates have....

you can also ask publix if the stores in Orlando/Kissimmee - have these things
http://www.publix.com/

Thanks we thought long and hard and changed our minds alot before we decided on renting a house. DS needs down time and a "normal" routine. Even the drive back from the parks is good downtime for him. I will go over and check the other board thanks.

Paulab said:
Hiya all, hilarious thread, we find most things in Publix are HALF the price of what they cost us back here in sunny England!! So stop complaining :wave:

Paula
:wave2:

I gather we should be more grateful! :angel: However, our electric bills doubled this past winter, and we are taking out small loans to fill our gas tanks.

So we're a little grumpy about the price of anything nowadays! :rolleyes:

As for brands being the same or different, I've seen alot of brands in the South that are not up here in the North. Also, meat is much cheaper.

Is there a Publix near DTD? or the Nick Hotel?

These two stores are close to DTD and the Nick Hotel (have been to both of these stores, and they good locations)

Regency Village Shopping Center (Store #00812) (closest store to Downtown Disney)
3 E
8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821-6847
Main: (407) 238-9924
Fax: (407) 238-4650

Map Driving Directions

Poinciana Place (Store #00351)

5 SE
2915 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746-5505
Main: (407) 396-7525
Fax: (407) 396-5423

Hope that helps!

UKDEB said:
I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would want to eat Pop Tarts at all, let alone dedicate a whole aisle to them (we have about 4 flavours here).

Chalk it up to one of those unsolved mysteries such as why the Australians like Vegemite.

Being from florida Publix is pretty much where I always shop, It's clean, has a great deli, nice stores and fair prices.If you want cheaper then hit the super wal-Mart or a winn-dixie, cheaper but NOT as good as Publix. Gooding's is decent but expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter