How do I get to Beaches and Cream?

Lorij

Mouseketeer
We are going down on Saturday and staying at POR. I am not at all familiar with the layout in that part of the World. We would like to take the boat the downtown disney Saturday, but also want to go to Beaches and Cream. What is the best way to get to Beaches and Cream from POR? :moped:

Hi Lorij,

Take the bus to the Studios and walk or take the boat from the Studios over to the Beach Club!

Bob

You'll have to go from a park in order to take the bus....that is unless you have a car with you in which case you can drive to the Beach Club Resort (where Beaches and Cream is located). Just take the Beach Club bus from the park as you would to POR. :wave2:

If you're going to DTD that Saturday, then just take a bus from DTD to BC/YC.

If you want to go to B&C first before DTD, then take a bus to MGM, then take the boat or walk to BC. Then when you're done, you can take a bus from BC to DTD and boat back to POR.

Thanks everyone. For some reason I though B&C was close to EPCOT not MGM. Maybe we will save it for our MGM day. How long a walk is it and is it along the road or is there another way?

oogieboogie said:
If you're going to DTD that Saturday, then just take a bus from DTD to BC/YC.

If you want to go to B&C first before DTD, then take a bus to MGM, then take the boat or walk to BC. Then when you're done, you can take a bus from BC to DTD and boat back to POR.
That is what we would do. POR to DTD is a piece of cake. Then you can just hop over to BC/YC...the food will be worth it!!! :goodvibes

Lorij said:
Thanks everyone. For some reason I though B&C was close to EPCOT not MGM. Maybe we will save it for our MGM day. How long a walk is it and is it along the road or is there another way?
Hi Lorij,

It is close to Epcot, but the back end of Epcot. If you go to Epcot you'll have to walk all the way from the front (Future World) to the International Gateway and out the back to the Beach Club. The Epcot Resort Hotels are easier to get to from the Studios than they are from the front of Epcot! Plus, if you took the bus to Epcot and walked through, you'd have to use a park admission.

There is a walkway from the Studios to the Epcot resorts. I don't know how fast you walk but I'd guess it's about a mile or a little more from the Studios to the BC.

If you take the boat it will probably take longer than walking unless the boat is there at the Studios dock and ready to leave when you get there.

Bob

michaelwilliammidd said:
You'll have to go from a park in order to take the bus....that is unless you have a car with you in which case you can drive to the Beach Club Resort (where Beaches and Cream is located). Just take the Beach Club bus from the park as you would to POR. :wave2:

Hi Michaelwilliammidd,

I believe the OPs question was hjow to get to B&C from POR, in which case my post is correct. I know you can't go directly to the BC from POR, but it's much easier and faster to take a bus to the Studios and walk than it would be to take a bus to a park then and switch buses.

Bob

soooooo, I'm more than confused here. :confused3 is it better to save going here for when we are at MGM or EPCOT? I would like to try the ice cream, but don't want to be traveling all over the place just to get it.

Yes, it would certainly be easier if you go when at Epcot or the Studios! You could even take a lunch break or snack break from the either park to go there and be back in the park in an hour or so!

Bob

Lorij said:
soooooo, I'm more than confused here. :confused3 is it better to save going here for when we are at MGM or EPCOT? I would like to try the ice cream, but don't want to be traveling all over the place just to get it.

Both are OK. If you're already in Epcot or MGM then just walk or boat to BC, either way is fine.

If you're going straight from POR to BC then it's faster to go to MGM first because the MGM's bus stop drops you closer to the walkway/boat dock.

If you go POR -> Epcot -> BC you get dropped in the front of Epcot, which means you have to walk the entire length of Future World, part of World Showcase and then the walk to BC.

It just depends on your plan of the day.

I would recommend just going when you know you're going to be at Epcot or MGM, take a lunch or dinner break at B&C then continue your park touring.

Thanks... one of our days we are going to epcot after animal kingdom closes. maybe we'll just plan to have a snack there before illuminations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter