How are December fast passes going?

I don't, since no one else is able to make fastpasses, either. When the system comes back, they'll be fine. No harm, no foul on that end.

The people I feel bad for are guests in the parks and staff who are trying to function without the use of technology Disney made us dependent on for a day in the parks.

Well then you must not have spent 10k on a vacation you won't be able to make FastPass reservations for because it wasn't open during your window. And the next opportunity you have, there won't be any more available. That's the only way I can think you'd feel it's "no harm, no foul".

Well then you must not have spent 10k on a vacation you won't be able to make FastPass reservations for because it wasn't open during your window. And the next opportunity you have, there won't be any more available. That's the only way I can think "no harm, no foul".

I agree. For the price, the level of service is not acceptable. For me, it adds to the frustration that planning this particular trip has already created. I have been mor e than 30 times in the past 20 years. Have always stayed on-site. I have never had problems anywhere near the scope of what every aspect of the planning of this trip has encountered. If one of my kids didn't really want to go, I would have cancelled some time ago. Harry Potter is looking better every day.

Well then you must not have spent 10k on a vacation you won't be able to make FastPass reservations for because it wasn't open during your window. And the next opportunity you have, there won't be any more available. That's the only way I can think "no harm, no foul".
You'll be able to make fastpasses when the system comes back up. No one else is making fastpasses right now, either, so you aren't out anything. What does how much you spent have to do with anything? You're in the same boat as people that paid significantly less for their vacation.

I don't, since no one else is able to make fastpasses, either. When the system comes back, they'll be fine. No harm, no foul on that end.

The people I feel bad for are guests in the parks and staff who are trying to function without the use of technology Disney made us dependent on for a day in the parks.
I think there's enough room to feel bad for everyone affected. Planning for Disney can be so stressful (& time consuming), and then you wake up at 6am (or 3am PST) to give yourself the best shot to get that ADR/FP that you've been wanting, only to find out the system is down sucks. Especially if you have to go to work and can't be on your phone/computer to check online to see when it goes back up.

And if it's still down by tonight, all those booking their ADRs and FPs will have to compete against those who get to book theirs tomorrow.

It just sucks for everyone affected.

You'll be able to make fastpasses when the system comes back up. No one else is making fastpasses right now, either, so you aren't out anything. What does how much you spent have to do with anything? You're in the same boat as people that paid significantly less for their vacation.

I work all day and leave at 10 EST. I do not have access to the internet. Do you think when I get home at 9:00 tonight and can finally do this there will just be fastpasses aplenty? And what about the dinner reservations that will be dropped and added and scooped up as a result of fastpasses being arranged. The ones that I will not be able to get either? Why are you trying to diminish this? My guess is you wouldn't if it were happening to you.

I work all day and leave at 10 EST. I do not have access to the internet. Do you think when I get home at 9:00 tonight and can finally do this there will just be fastpasses aplenty? And what about the dinner reservations that will be dropped and added and scooped up as a result of fastpasses being arranged. The ones that I will not be able to get either? Why are you trying to diminish this? My guess is you wouldn't if it were happening to you.
It has happened to me on a day I had to be at work, away from the computer and internet. Everything worked out and we all had a great vacation.

Price is absolutely a factor. If I pay $1 for a sandwich, I have lower expectations than if I spend $20. If I shop for pants at Walmart, I am happy that there is no human waste in the dressing room. If I shop for pants at Nordstrom, I expect the carpets to be nice and for salespeople to be available for help. Price matters.

It has happened to me on a day I had to be at work, away from the computer and internet. Everything worked out and we all had a great vacation.
That's reassuring. I guess I'm just upset because already we're booking FPs the week before Christmas, and I already know FPs for FOP, FEA, and SDMT are in low supply for the days we're going (actually, I already know FPs for FOP are gone for 60d+4, so I'm not getting that!). So we all read this, and try to do what we can to get the best we can get so we still have a magical time...but we can't. And now there's a risk we might not get them at all. Of course it could all work out, but it's the stress of not knowing what will happen and it's beyond our control.

All I'm saying is we should be able to have empathy to anyone who really wants to get into MDE this morning and can't, and also have empathy for those in the parks and can't access their FPs and ADRs.

I miss the old days when you call for ADRs and get paper fastpasses lol. Planning gets more stressful and shady (people with dummy accounts etc) the more technology is involved. I know - I’m old!

I miss the old days when you call for ADRs and get paper fastpasses lol. Planning gets more stressful and shady (people with dummy accounts etc) the more technology is involved. I know - I’m old!

I am old, too. I loved the paper fast passes. I loved being able to hand one off to someone if you decided to bail on the ride later in the day. I also loved that the system benefited people who wee willing to make the trek over to the ride to get the pass.

So sorry to hear about everyones problems in getting FP today. Lets hope though its not something serious like a Cyber Attack or something that could take all day.

Got everything I wanted. Frozen (Day 2), Seven Dwarfs (Day 3), and FOP (Day 4) were a little later in the day than I wanted but I can't complain too much because I got all of them.

I got ours. Take screenshots of what you got in case something "magical" happens to them and they turn into pumpkins.

I got all of mine too (except FOP which I knew ahead of time I wasn't going to get)! I just feel so bad for all those who were up early this morning and can't book it until tonight. I can already see many of FPs gone for the entire morning and some all day (especially the popular ones) at 60+5days. I'm crossing my fingers they'll get the ones they want too!!!

I got ours. Take screenshots of what you got in case something "magical" happens to them and they turn into pumpkins.
Good idea! I just did that!

If your magic band doesn't work will they actual take a screen shot as evidence and just let you in?

If your magic band doesn't work will they actual take a screen shot as evidence and just let you in?

They have in the past. It can also be helpful if you have to go to Guest Services to fight about it. And I mean fight in the nicest, most polite way possible.

I just got further in the app than I’d gotten before. It showed me times I could modify to but none were what I wanted so I backed out. Don’t know if it would’ve let me go further but people may want to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter