How are December fast passes going?

I just spoke with a Disney agent to book my FPs that way, and even their administrative portal (which is a separate system from the website) is down, so they can't help with booking anything. He doesn't even think when the parks open this morning the kiosks will work if the system is still down. But he said IT is working on it.

So I guess we just need to spend the day clicking refresh to see when it's back up!

I just spoke to someone in Guest Services. She read me some of their notices about it. The best one - "it will be back up momentarily." That was sent to her over a half hour ago.

I just spoke with a Disney agent to book my FPs that way, and even their administrative portal (which is a separate system from the website) is down, so they can't help with booking anything. He doesn't even think when the parks open this morning the kiosks will work if the system is still down. But he said IT is working on it.

So I guess we just need to spend the day clicking refresh to see when it's back up!

Wow, thanks for sharing that info. I know my DH’s work was hit by a cyber attack again yesterday. I wonder if Disney was too?

Just booked ours this past Sunday -- got everything we wanted for our party of 3, including Flight of Passage! We have a 6 day trip and AK was on Day 4. Found Frozen Ever After for both of our Epcot days too!

Wow, thanks for sharing that info. I know my DH’s work was hit by a cyber attack again yesterday. I wonder if Disney was too?
I never even thought about that. I know our company was checking the last 2 days that all our software was up to date, but didn't make that connection. I just assumed IT was trying to do an update and it failed. Your theory makes more sense than mine!

I just spoke to someone in Guest Services. She read me some of their notices about it. The best one - "it will be back up momentarily." That was sent to her over a half hour ago.
Ha ha, the agent I spoke to refused to say that and told me all he could say is "IT is working on it." I guess he knew saying momentarily would give false hope considering how widespread this bug is!

My window opened yesterday morning. I was able to get ONE FoP FP for 10 am on 60+4 (Dec. 20). There was nothing at all for 60 +1, I didn't try for any other days. My husband won't ride, so that was easier than trying to get them for a big group. The website was down for me also, but it worded great on the phone app

I can't begin to say how utterly frustrating I find this. Today is my Fast pass opening day. As far as I'm concerned, this is a deal breaker. If I can't get fastpasses to make this trip 1/2 way enjoyable. I AM SO MAD.

I can't begin to say how utterly frustrating I find this. Today is my Fast pass opening day. As far as I'm concerned, this is a deal breaker. If I can't get fastpasses to make this trip 1/2 way enjoyable. I AM SO MAD.
I get it. The only "silver lining" is that no one who was supposed to make FPs today (including me) can make their FPs too. So hopefully when the system comes back up, we'll all get our FPs (assuming it'll be open today and so we don't have to also compete with those who are supposed to book FPs tomorrow).

I get it. The only "silver lining" is that no one who was supposed to make FPs today (including me) can make their FPs too. So hopefully when the system comes back up, we'll all get our FPs (assuming it'll be open today and so we don't have to also compete with those who are supposed to book FPs tomorrow).

I know you're right. But I have to leave for work. I won't have time again until tonight regardless. Ugh.

I'm hoping it'll be up today. I'll be really mad if it's not up until tomorrow and then we'll have 2x the amount of people in the system trying to make ADRs and FPs (I'm hoping if this happens Disney gives us an extra FP because guaranteed we won't get all of ours).
I'm more mad at my DH right now as he's chortling in the background about how "Disney let me down" since he's been appalled by all the planning I've been doing for this trip (I'm more of the Disney fan than he is! :))

I feel ya...have about another 30 min or so, then Ive got get on the road. :mad:
:( I'm lucky I have a job where I can just work from home if I need to and just constantly press "refresh" or check the boards to get updates. Hopefully it's working by the time you get home today!

Seems like Disney could spend a little more money on website and app production/updating. There always seems to be something wrong lately.
In pure irony, as I was refreshing the MDE app, a popup on my iphone came asking me, "Enjoying the Disney app? Rate your experience now"
I clicked the Not Now option!! >:(

In pure irony, as I was refreshing the MDE app, a popup on my iphone came asking me, "Enjoying the Disney app? Rate your experience now"
I clicked the Not Now option!! >:(

And now we are on hour 2.5! Can you imagine any other corporation who would get away with being down this long w/ no explanation?

And now we are on hour 2.5! Can you imagine any other corporation who would get away with being down this long w/ no explanation?
I hear ya. I even went on Disney's twitter page to see if they said anything, but nope. On the flip side, can you imagine the scale of the problem that's taking the entire IT team more than 2.5 hours to fix?? I shudder to think of how long this will take and what they have to do to find the problem and then fix it!!

I feel bad for people trying to make fast passes this morning.
I don't, since no one else is able to make fastpasses, either. When the system comes back, they'll be fine. No harm, no foul on that end.

The people I feel bad for are guests in the parks and staff who are trying to function without the use of technology Disney made us dependent on for a day in the parks.

We need to start a social media storm - this is ridiculous. Did you notice their error message says,

"
Site Maintenance In Progress
Our site is undergoing maintenance, but you can still book a vacation and buy tickets. We'll return shortly! And we apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a magical day!

The Walt Disney World Resort"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter