How are December fast passes going?

60 Day Fastpass results this morning:

12/17 - Na'vi River Journey. 5:00pm which works perfect for our schedule. No FOP available but is fine as we have it for 12/22.
12/18 - Frozen Ever After. 4:05pm would prefer morning but we will take what we can get as we have never rode it. And so far have avoided any spoilers from Youtube ride throughs.
12/19 - 7DMT was available but we have it for Thursday and might ride it during a Christmas Party. This day is my wife's birthday. We have our own mission plan to celebrate!
12/20 - Hollywood Studios Day/Partial Day. We were able to get fastpasses for practically anytime of day it seemed like. With ToT being Tier 2 it made it a lot easier to plan.
12/21 - 7DMT 9:30am which is exactly what I wanted for this day. Hoping for a nice relaxing morning with the larger crowds expected each day.
12/22 - FOP 11:40am woo! There were earlier times but this one fits with our breakfast reservation.

Very happy that all the rides notorious for being unavailable were easy to get. I did get lots of errors that the system couldn't complete the fastpass selection or saw the Olaf page. Had to start over way too much. I thought for sure everything would be gone.

I'm glad you had much better luck than I did!

For those who weren't able to get the FPs they wanted at 60 days out, don't give up hope yet.

-It is possible to find hard-to-get FPs if you keep looking on MDE and checking availability. That's particularly true before the 30-day window opens for all other guests. As people drop FPs, you may be able to find what you wanted. This summer, I was able to find and reserve FPs for FoP about 2 weeks after the 60 day window opened (and on the morning of my first day, no less). I've seen other posts where people have managed to find FPs the week, or even the day, before for hard-to-get rides.

-Disney has only updated park hours through December 9. The hours for the rest of December will almost certainly increase (for example, MK is scheduled to close at 9 pm on non-party nights the week of December 18 - those hours likely will go to midnight or 1 am when new hours are announced). Whenever updated hours are posted, more FPs will flood MDE. Based on past instances, the FPs will include all time slots - not just slots for the new hours.

It may take some (or a lot of) perseverance and it's not guaranteed, but it is possible and seems to have a fairly high success rate.
Looking for December 16th hour update...do you know when they usually update?

So after a lot of frustration I finally did manage to get everything except FoP. Guess we will just wait the 90 minutes if we feel we have to ride that. We don't have any other wait times for the rest of the afternoon/evening (according to TP), so I guess we will just do all of our waiting for one ride - or just skip it. We have had some amazing trips to Disney before FoP, my guess is this one will be amazing with or without it as well.

Thanks to all for the help and encouragement.
I'm glad it worked out for you! i'm in the same boat as you with FOP as i already know there aren't any for our AK day. We'll try for rope drop, but if it doesn't work, oh well! It's our first time at WDW and i'm sure it'll be amazing regardless of whether we get on it or not!

Looking for December 16th hour update...do you know when they usually update?
Disney just announced the new hours for November and the first week of December on Friday. I was trying to find when they announced updated mid-December hours last year, but couldn't find the date (it appears that they updated hours for late December/early January around November 18 last year). It's not a great answer, but updated hours could happen any time - although I'd say best bet is around the last week of October/first week of November (but there's nothing definite). Best advice is to check the hours on MDE frequently as well as watch the boards here - it'll be flagged and word will get out quickly.

FP question...I see multiple mentions of "check MDE for availability". Exactly how do I do that? Our Fps are booked, but when I log into MDE, it won't let me add new as we have reached our limit. Am I looking in the wrong place? I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but in the tons of pages, no idea where to start looking.

FP question...I see multiple mentions of "check MDE for availability". Exactly how do I do that? Our Fps are booked, but when I log into MDE, it won't let me add new as we have reached our limit. Am I looking in the wrong place? I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but in the tons of pages, no idea where to start looking.
You can use the modify option on one of your fast passes. That way you can see what's available without changing anything.

Just make sure that if you are looking for a Tier 1 that you are modifying the Tier 1 that you already have. If you try to modify a Tier 2 for a Tier 1 ride it won't let you because it sees that you already have a Tier 1 ride. Does this make sense?

Just to give hope, I just did a successful pickup/transfer of FoP fp from another diser (thanks, Raeven!). I did the pickup on the app at 4 central time just in case anyone else gets the chance I had success that way. YMMV :o Thought I’d share just in case you get a chance to try. Now I just need 4 more passes for my party. So grateful for the first two though!

Just to give hope, I just did a successful pickup/transfer of FoP fp from another diser (thanks, Raeven!). I did the pickup on the app at 4 central time just in case anyone else gets the chance I had success that way. YMMV :o Thought I’d share just in case you get a chance to try. Now I just need 4 more passes for my party. So grateful for the first two though!
Yay!! Out of curiosity, how did you coordinate with another DISer? Is there a forum where DISers are telling they are dropping FPs for FOP so those who don't have it can get better odds of getting one?

Yay!! Out of curiosity, how did you coordinate with another DISer? Is there a forum where DISers are telling they are dropping FPs for FOP so those who don't have it can get better odds of getting one?

There is so much activity in MDX that the chances of grabbing FPs from a coordinated handoff are really, really small.

I had great success getting our FPs! We ended up scoring FOP for our 60+5 and 60+7 day. They were definitely available earlier in the week, those are just the days we ended up planning for AK. The only FP we didn’t get was Enchanted Tales with Belle as they were all afternoon times by the time we finished planning our harder to get ones.

Also would like to thank you all since I am constantly stalking all of these threads and you totally eased my mind about getting FastPasses! It was such an easy (& exciting!) process for a first timer. :)

She had offered her two fp on this thread and I pm’d her. We both set alarms for the same time today. She dropped and I picked up :cutie: I hadn’t gotten my hopes up but it worked out!

The only place I’ve seen them offered to try to coordinate is this thread. But maybe there’s another thread I’m unaware of?

She had offered her two fp on this thread and I pm’d her. We both set alarms for the same time today. She dropped and I picked up :cutie: I hadn’t gotten my hopes up but it worked out!

The only place I’ve seen them offered to try to coordinate is this thread. But maybe there’s another thread I’m unaware of?
That's awesome!!

Anyone else having issues with the app this morning? It reads an error message and won’t pull up my fp but does pull up my dining.

I just spoke with a Disney agent to book my FPs that way, and even their administrative portal (which is a separate system from the website) is down, so they can't help with booking anything. He doesn't even think when the parks open this morning the kiosks will work if the system is still down. But he said IT is working on it.

So I guess we just need to spend the day clicking refresh to see when it's back up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter