How are December fast passes going?

I am mostly happy with the FP I got. No FOP but I expected that because AK was my 60+3 day. This entire morning has been very frustrating. It stinks because I did everything within my control to make this a smooth process...tested everything on the website the night before, woke up early and got my kids ready for school early so I could be sitting at the computer before 7:00EST ready to go. Will this ruin my vacation? No. Does it give me a bad impression before I ever get to Disney? Absolutely!

I am mostly happy with the FP I got. No FOP but I expected that because AK was my 60+3 day. This entire morning has been very frustrating. It stinks because I did everything within my control to make this a smooth process...tested everything on the website the night before, woke up early and got my kids ready for school early so I could be sitting at the computer before 7:00EST ready to go. Will this ruin my vacation? No. Does it give me a bad impression before I ever get to Disney? Absolutely!
I get it, It's how I feel too. I got everything I wanted, except FOP (which, like you, I expected), but you do everything you can to prepare for the moment. For me, it was reviewing touring plans, making sure your times for the rides/shows will work (at least as much as possible, and having a backup plan if things don't work out the day of), reviewing how to book FP+ and tips and hints (e.g., change the browser or try the app if it's not working in one browser, try modifying the FP to add to your party or get a different time, etc.), even plugging your laptop and mouse and setting the coffee maker the night before so all is smooth the morning of.

but alas, plans go awry. I guess the moral of my story is that this shows plans will go awry. It's frustrating but we'll make it work somehow. I'm sure when we're in Disney in 2 months, plans will go off the rails too (kids being cranky, parents being cranky, the weather, it taking longer to get from A to B, the bus system, etc.), but we can either just try to make it work and still have a wonderful Christmas holiday or we can be upset and frustrated with things beyond our control.

PS: This was longer than I expected and ended up being really more of a message to myself than to you as I tend to like to make plans and see them through! :)

I get it, It's how I feel too. I got everything I wanted, except FOP (which, like you, I expected), but you do everything you can to prepare for the moment. For me, it was reviewing touring plans, making sure your times for the rides/shows will work (at least as much as possible, and having a backup plan if things don't work out the day of), reviewing how to book FP+ and tips and hints (e.g., change the browser or try the app if it's not working in one browser, try modifying the FP to add to your party or get a different time, etc.), even plugging your laptop and mouse and setting the coffee maker the night before so all is smooth the morning of.

but alas, plans go awry. I guess the moral of my story is that this shows plans will go awry. It's frustrating but we'll make it work somehow. I'm sure when we're in Disney in 2 months, plans will go off the rails too (kids being cranky, parents being cranky, the weather, it taking longer to get from A to B, the bus system, etc.), but we can either just try to make it work and still have a wonderful Christmas holiday or we can be upset and frustrated with things beyond our control.

PS: This was longer than I expected and ended up being really more of a message to myself than to you as I tend to like to make plans and see them through! :)
I completely agree with you. Disney is usually more fun when you have some flexibility. I usually plan my whole day out with ADR's and FP's, but we don't always follow that schedule. I would say the days that we had more open time were more fun because we didn't have to worry about following a schedule.

I completely agree with you. Disney is usually more fun when you have some flexibility. I usually plan my whole day out with ADR's and FP's, but we don't always follow that schedule. I would say the days that we had more open time were more fun because we didn't have to worry about following a schedule.
We generally plan about half our day and leave the other half open. We only have 2 days that we are completely locked in on (due to dining and Christmas Party)

My FP+ day was this past Monday, 10/16. I was able to get everything I wanted for the days & times I wanted. :woohoo:I wasn't too optimistic about FoP since it was Day 2 of trip, but I scored one for 6:45pm. Before finishing all of my FP+ I was able to change it 2X until I got 6:20pm. I tweaked once I arrived at work. Was using 3 devices (11D) & trying to get DD9 ready for school & be ready online @ 6am CST. Later that day it was posted on FB that lots of FP+ had opened for Thanksgiving week (no relevance for my Christmas trip o_O), but I checked on app anyway. Scored FoP for 1:45pm. :santa: Done with FP+. Now just checking on ADRs for Day & Day 2, SW released great deals on airfare after my original reservation, so I've been piecing together ADRs slowly but surely for Day 1 and departure day. :surfweb:

My FP+ day was this past Monday, 10/16. I was able to get everything I wanted for the days & times I wanted. :woohoo:I wasn't too optimistic about FoP since it was Day 2 of trip, but I scored one for 6:45pm. Before finishing all of my FP+ I was able to change it 2X until I got 6:20pm. I tweaked once I arrived at work. Was using 3 devices (11D) & trying to get DD9 ready for school & be ready online @ 6am CST. Later that day it was posted on FB that lots of FP+ had opened for Thanksgiving week (no relevance for my Christmas trip o_O), but I checked on app anyway. Scored FoP for 1:45pm. :santa: Done with FP+. Now just checking on ADRs for Day & Day 2, SW released great deals on airfare after my original reservation, so I've been piecing together ADRs slowly but surely for Day 1 and departure day. :surfweb:
How many did you book your first FP for Day 2 at 6:45?

3 PP. Did you cancel them?
No haha. I'm going March 2 which is day 60+3 for us. I was just curious. I have a party of 4 to book for and I'm not sure if we will be able to get FP's or not. Did you book all 3 people at once or 1 at a time?

Our 60 days was yesterday, and we got basically what we wanted- despite the fact that I didn’t get a chance to work on FP reservations until late last night. So for people who are concerned about not getting their choices, try to hang in there. I do not care about FEA so did not have to compete for that, but did get FOP for day 65 early afternoon.

No haha. I'm going March 2 which is day 60+3 for us. I was just curious. I have a party of 4 to book for and I'm not sure if we will be able to get FP's or not. Did you book all 3 people at once or 1 at a time?

I did all 3 @ once for all of them.

Well... what a difference a day makes. Easy peasy today.

For people wondering, here's what still left for FOP:
Dec 21 none
Dec 22 only 3 evening times
Dec 23 lots of times starting in the afternoon
Dec 24 openings all day

For Mine Train:
Dec 20 none
Dec 21 2-5 pm (party day I think)
Dec 22 1-6 pm (party?)
Dec 23 openings all day

Anyone pick up fop fastpasses lately (after initial 60 day window)? I have mine but they are at a time that really doesn't work so I have been trying to modify since last Saturday. I'm getting discouraged and bored by all the refreshing...just looking for some inspiration...

Later that day it was posted on FB that lots of FP+ had opened for Thanksgiving week (no relevance for my Christmas trip o_O), but I checked on app anyway. Scored FoP for 1:45pm. :santa: Done with FP+.
Where did you find it posted on FB? I'm trying to score 1 FP for FOP on Dec 19th. I've heard that Disney released more FPs for October but I'm curious how people are finding out so quickly, other than by refreshing their screen/app.

Anyone pick up fop fastpasses lately (after initial 60 day window)? I have mine but they are at a time that really doesn't work so I have been trying to modify since last Saturday. I'm getting discouraged and bored by all the refreshing...just looking for some inspiration...
Nope. I haven't been able to get FOP or 7dmt.

Where did you find it posted on FB? I'm trying to score 1 FP for FOP on Dec 19th. I've heard that Disney released more FPs for October but I'm curious how people are finding out so quickly, other than by refreshing their screen/app.

I am in the KtP Group. It was posted there! It's been very helpful. :santa: When extra hours were released for November & early December last week, he sent email (if on list/subscribe ---can't remember), but was posted in his FB group. My friend scored a 7DMT for 11am week of Thanksgiving. I also, post this info on my MVMCP thread as released. Disney should extend hours for the rest of December too. When this occurs more FP+ will be available.

I am in the KtP Group. It was posted there! It's been very helpful. :santa: When extra hours were released for November & early December last week, he sent email (if on list/subscribe ---can't remember), but was posted in his FB group. My friend scored a 7DMT for 11am week of Thanksgiving. I also, post this info on my MVMCP thread as released. Disney should extend hours for the rest of December too. When this occurs more FP+ will be available.
Awesome! thank you!!

Keep trying! I was able to pick up a 7dmt like two days after booking that I originally wasn't able to get because there was no availability. I also was able to move around times for FOP and FEA. Not sure what ride you're looking for, but don't get discouraged and keep checking!

Daily update on what's still available...

FOP
Dec 22 - none
Dec 23 - 11am - 7pm lots of times
Dec 24 - openings all day

Mine Train
Dec 20 - a lone time at 10:25 - I'm guessing it's gone by now
Dec 21 - 4:20pm -5pm
Dec 22 - 2:50pm - 5pm
Dec 23 - 9:30am - 8:35pm
Dec 24 - all day openings

Reactions: KEW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter