How about THIS split stay????

Minnie

DIS Veteran
We are trying to combine our favorite WL :love: with a new resort experience this trip and do not mind split stays. So what do you all think of this plan???

Saturday(arrival)-Sunday (Poly of AKL)
Monday (BCV) - Only night available so far. My DS really wants to try SAB.
Tuesday-Saturday(depart) - WL

Is this too much jumping around or should be go for it?
Also should be stay at AKL (did this last trip) or try the Poly (never tried)??

Thanks for any help on this!!!!!!!

BTW - Our trip is planned for this July :banana:

First of all, I would personally never do a split stay within one week. I just prefer to unpack once and be done with all of that.

But if you really, really want to split your stay, I'd choose Poly over AKL. It's so much easier to get around from the Poly than AKL, and if you're spending so much time moving around, it may be good to save what time you can in cutting down transportation times by staying at the Poly. Or you could skip the Poly and just do WL as your one MK resort of the stay. It's less expensive than the Poly, but still offers MK boats and a direct bus to MK.

SAB is a nice pool, but I don't think I'd stay there just one night to use it. It's just so much hassle with the luggage, etc.

I'd pick probably one MK-area resort, either Poly or WL, and one EPCOT-area resort, BCV if you like, and split among just the 2 resorts. That way, your moving around is cut down a little, yet you also get to enjoy resorts in two quite different areas of WDW. 3 or 4 days at one resort and then 3 or 4 days at the other.

I would personally not like all the resort changing. The most I would do is one change.....I would have to vote for staying at Poly and WL & save BCV for another trip when they have more nights available.

I splitted a stay last December..and was only there for a week and did 2 resorts..didn't like it and won't do it again. Never felt settled in and it was too hectic, can't imagine 3 resorts in one week. But since you asked..I've never stayed at Poly or AKL..but since you are doing "Lodge" at the WL..I would choose the Poly, as it is more of a different experience, in my mind anyway. And excellent idea to stay WL last...since you know and love it .. and choose the other resorts 1st..I didn't do it this way, and regretted it!

I don't mind splitting a week in between 2 resorts, even tho that is a little short for splitting (I do like splitting, just on longer trips)
3 resorts in a week, with one being for one night only is not something I'd want to do.

I love splitting our stays, but not for less than three nights in each resort. The only time I have done a shorter stay was when I added one night at POP after my BWV stay. I couldn't get my last night at BWV when I added a night in order to get a better flight departure. So, stayed at POP for that last night. But, I got up early, about 5 am, and was gone at 7 am. Really didn't even unpack the night before, just left out a teeshirt for sleeping in and fresh clothes.
I would go with the Polynesian, or WL, for the first part and then over to an Epcot resort for the last half. Are there any rooms in BC that you could get or is it just BCV you want? If SAB is that important, I would try for any room at YC/BC and forget about a villa.

We've done a three way split before. NEVER AGAIN. It is way too much trouble and we did it during a slow time. July is peak and will only make it worse. Take everyones advice and narrow it to 2 resorts.

We have decided a 3 way split is just too much moving around for a relaxing vacation so we are going to either stay at one resort the entire time (WL) or split with a couple nights at another resort.

Thanks for all the advise!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions on the 2nd resort????????

We tried this about 3 years ago. We had one week at Disney and we felt like we had lost an entire day in the middle of it. I have learned just to go to one resort each trip and enjoy it...and eat at all the others. :teeth:

We did the Pop Century to AKL on our split stay. Myself, my husband nor either of my sons enjoyed moving. It felt like we just got settled in and we had to repack and then head-em-up...move-em-out.

have a fun trip regardless of where you stay!
Esmerelda :)

I have to agree with the others and say 3 moves in one week is too much hastle. I did a split stay on my last trip and it was only two resorts, I couldn't imagine doing three. It wasn't too bad switching resorts but you never really get settled and unpack. I like unpacking and getting the room just the way I like it.

If you're only going to be there for one night, I would pack a travel bag with clothes and stuff you need to get going in the morning and leave your big luggage alone. I use that method when I check into a offsite hotel that I use when I arrive late at night and my Disney vacation starts the next day. Good luck on whatever you decide but I would try and narrow it down to just two if you can.

We split two resorts in one stay - and it worked out fine - but there is some 'down time' (having to repack again and wait for bellhop, etc.) and a couple more tips involved here. Picking up bags and then delivering bags to new room (unless the bags are already in your room).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!