Housekeeping? Every day or when?

So if you decline the housekeeping, are they still offering a gift card? And then I can still request or get towels, etc.,? Seems to me if both of those things are true, and they aren’t really doing anything anyway, I may as well just do that

We've got a 3 night stay at Port Orleans Riverside coming up. Just wondering if we'll see housekeeping at all....just trying to see if we need to request the extra towels when we check-in or not. Thanks in advance!

Called for shower gel and hand soap. Got a call back saying they’re out of shower gel so they brought us 6 hand soaps. Ummm there is plenty of shower gel in the gift shop.

Overall we are slightly annoyed with the housekeeping. We are only getting towels and trash removal every other day. No clean counters or vacuuming. Had to ask for toilet paper and tissues. And we are barely in our room!

My husband is going to talk with the manager today. We are in the business and ramped up housekeeping during covid so guests felt germ free. Seems odd Disney took housekeeping down so many levels...And for the price, it’s extra annoying. (Wilderness Lodge)

Hotels are still struggling with this. Just stayed at a Hyatt next to a convention center in a major US city. I was told to expect NO housekeeping but I could request towels, TP and other supplies, and trash service.

I do hope they fix their hiring issues as I am one who likes full service, but it’s not just Disney who hasn’t returned to this. I think it will. There’s a value to cleaning room each day, too. Rooms cleaned regularly require less frequent refurbishment, employees spot suspicious activities, and less time between guests to reset a room.

So, here’s hoping 🤞 it does!

This job needs a major bump in pay with every company across the country. $20 plus an hour maybe?

Housekeeping is not normally considered a "tipped position" in most places, although almost everyone leaves a tip for the housekeepers. I have a friend in New Orleans whose wage, about ten years ago, was double what was then the current minimum wage. She didn't love the job but she loved the hourly rate with tips additional! (She's also been wearing gloves for decades for her job- we joked about this when covid hit!)

I miss full housekeeping. We know, the science proves, that surface contact is NOT an issue with covid so I don't understand the hesitancy to go back to full housekeeping. Oh wait... $$$. Pay a person a decent wage, with benefits, to clean my room. Have them wear a mask and gloves. Let ME decide at check-in whether I want full housekeeping or choose to decline- and at the rates Disney charges, housekeeping shouldn't be an add-on cost. I am tired of Disney making big bucks while we have fewer and fewer services. The family trip to AKL has been canceled in favor of a house with our own bedrooms, living areas, and pool- for about 1/3 of the cost. Sure, I'll have to clean my own rooms and make my own bed, but I have to do that now at Disney anyway!

on that note what are we tipping mousekeeping?
Please don't start the tipping debate again! 🤣 I'm leaving the usual amount per day. If they don't clean, it's always still there for the next day. I leave a few dollars extra on check out day to compensate for our accumulated mess

Please don't start the tipping debate again! 🤣 I'm leaving the usual amount per day. If they don't clean, it's always still there for the next day. I leave a few dollars extra on check out day to compensate for our accumulated mess
Thanks This is what I thought.
(opps, should have done a tipping search. )

If Disney is hollering Covid issues, then they must not give a crap about thier DCL crew. Guest are getting housekeeping on the ships. :rolleyes:

If Disney is hollering Covid issues, then they must not give a crap about thier DCL crew. Guest are getting housekeeping on the ships. :rolleyes:
I don't think it has to do Covid it has to do with hiring more people. They recently did a job fair so hopefully they can fill more positions.

DCL housekeeping is different. You pay tips upfront for housekeeping and wait staff...at least that is how we paid the gratuities. They are well paid!

I don't think it has to do Covid it has to do with hiring more people. They recently did a job fair so hopefully they can fill more positions.

DCL housekeeping is different. You pay tips upfront for housekeeping and wait staff...at least that is how we paid the gratuities. They are well paid!
It is due to staffing issues, for the moment. But I was thinking they were hollering Covid.

It is due to staffing issues, for the moment. But I was thinking they were hollering Covid.
It might also have to do with CDC requirements for cruise lines - CDC doesn't have the same control over hotels' housekeeping practices as they do over cruise lines.

They do housekeeping every day for concierge levels. I was surprised since I did not read that before I left for my trip. Just back yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter