Housekeeping? Every day or when?

We are currently at pop with my husband and two teenagers, already a tight fit but couldn’t find any bigger rooms when I booked. We’ve been here since Wednesday and trash has been emptied once and we’ve gotten towels once. Floors are absolutely filthy, bathroom is bad and dirty towels on the floor. Almost out of tp. I’m not happy at all. I’ve actually requested to move resorts since there’s some availability now with everyone leaving after the holiday and we need more space. Waited in line to talk to someone and they took my number and said someone would call me and see if they could move us, said I had no problem paying the difference. No one ever called me. So disappointed in this trip.

Guests, we’ve heard your complaints! Starting December 1st, we’ll be making Room Cleaning an IA$ that you can purchase from Genie! Have a magical day, knowing that the only time you were able to book was your toddler’s bedtime!

We are currently at pop with my husband and two teenagers, already a tight fit but couldn’t find any bigger rooms when I booked. We’ve been here since Wednesday and trash has been emptied once and we’ve gotten towels once. Floors are absolutely filthy, bathroom is bad and dirty towels on the floor. Almost out of tp. I’m not happy at all. I’ve actually requested to move resorts since there’s some availability now with everyone leaving after the holiday and we need more space. Waited in line to talk to someone and they took my number and said someone would call me and see if they could move us, said I had no problem paying the difference. No one ever called me. So disappointed in this trip.
My friend is a housekeeper at POP and I will tell you that the problem is they are having trouble keeping people. My friend started 2 months ago and has seen many people come in go in that short of time. Just like the rest of the country finding people to work is a task in amongst itself. I will tell you that the rooms my friend is assigned get properly maintained and cleaned as my friend has an old school work ethic. My friend is shocked by how people leave the room. in my friends words people are animals to the point of having to scrape pizza off the ceiling and walls. So don't think its the housekeepers its Disney penny pinching and the guests just being down right disrespectful!!!!

Last edited:
My friend is a housekeeper at POP and I will tell you that the problem is they are having trouble keeping people. My friend started 2 months ago and has seen many people come in go in that short of time. Just like the rest of the country finding people to work is a task in amongst itself. I will tell you that the rooms my friend is assigned get properly maintained and cleaned as my friend has an old school work ethic. My friend is shocked by how people leave the room. in my friends words people are animals to the point of having to scrape pizza off the ceiling and walls. So don't think its the housekeepers its Disney penny pinching and the guests just being down right disrespectful!!!!
That makes me sad for your friend, and I don’t fault housekeeping at all, if Disney can not provide what they say then something needs to be done. I’ve been trying to keep the room as clean as possible under the circumstances and my husband has taken our trash out more times than I can count but there’s only so much you can do when you have nothing to clean with. My husband brought up how filthy these rooms probably are by the time housekeeping has to turn them around and said he’s feels bad for them. Bottom line is Disney can not expect people to pay full price for these rooms, and let this happen.

My Trip Advisor review would be scathing. You shouldn’t have to call to get a service Disney claims to be offering every other day for trash and towels. And ick 11 nights without fresh sheets once.
Agree! We give a "pass" to Disney, but if it were any other hotel, anywhere else in the world, even a budget hotel, I'd rate the service horribly. Disney has almost conditioned me to accept poor service and high prices. Sad.

That makes me sad for your friend, and I don’t fault housekeeping at all, if Disney can not provide what they say then something needs to be done. I’ve been trying to keep the room as clean as possible under the circumstances and my husband has taken our trash out more times than I can count but there’s only so much you can do when you have nothing to clean with. My husband brought up how filthy these rooms probably are by the time housekeeping has to turn them around and said he’s feels bad for them. Bottom line is Disney can not expect people to pay full price for these rooms, and let this happen.
How much longer are you going to be there??? If you want PM me your room number and I will give it to my friend so a supervisor can be notified. My friend had a sit down with head of housekeeping this past Wednesday to find out why Disney is doing what they are doing. The response was I have not had any complaints against you you doing a great job. My friend said that was nice to hear but that wasn't the point. Here is one thing he asked why is housekeeping work only allowed to work 32hrs instead of 40. Response from supervisor was over his pay grade so no answer. Its the penny pincher in the accounting department trying to squeeze everything out of the guest to max profits. The word amongst the workers is the CEO has been told not to make certain public appearances because he will get booed out in the public which everyone knows is a no no for Disney's imagine. My friend also told me there has been many fights in MK between unruly guest and cast members trying to do their jobs. So I think Disney's imagine is going down and they should start to do something about it.

How much longer are you going to be there??? If you want PM me your room number and I will give it to my friend so a supervisor can be notified. My friend had a sit down with head of housekeeping this past Wednesday to find out why Disney is doing what they are doing. The response was I have not had any complaints against you you doing a great job. My friend said that was nice to hear but that wasn't the point. Here is one thing he asked why is housekeeping work only allowed to work 32hrs instead of 40. Response from supervisor was over his pay grade so no answer. Its the penny pincher in the accounting department trying to squeeze everything out of the guest to max profits. The word amongst the workers is the CEO has been told not to make certain public appearances because he will get booed out in the public which everyone knows is a no no for Disney's imagine. My friend also told me there has been many fights in MK between unruly guest and cast members trying to do their jobs. So I think Disney's imagine is going down and they should start to do something about it.
We actually just moved resorts. We called again and they had no record of us requesting a resort change but we’re able to move us right away, much happier now. I did call this morning about towels and they delivered some while we were gone. But thanks for offering to help!

We actually just moved resorts. We called again and they had no record of us requesting a resort change but we’re able to move us right away, much happier now. I did call this morning about towels and they delivered some while we were gone. But thanks for offering to help!

I know this has been said on here before, but it bears repeating for future reference...

If you need assistance from the front desk, you need to walk TO the front desk. The call, even though they may answer "Pop Century Front Desk" is going to a call center - it just flags where the call is coming from so they know what resort to say.

I
I know this has been said on here before, but it bears repeating for future reference...

If you need assistance from the front desk, you need to walk TO the front desk. The call, even though they may answer "Pop Century Front Desk" is going to a call center - it just flags where the call is coming from so they know what resort to say.
The front desk was actually my first stop, they took all my info and said they would have someone call me. The next morning I still hadn’t heard anything and there was no record of my request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter