Hoopty Doo Review

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
I just booked us a ps for this for 12-4-04. Has anyone done this and if so,what are your thoughts.

We have done the Hoop De Doo Revue twice in the past 4 years. While the food is not gourmet its very good for what it is. The show is absolutely hysterical. Even the second time we saw it it was just as funny,if not funnier than the first.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :D

that helps me out...I know I made the right decision

I was thinking of booking the HDR in September for my dh birthday. When I call to make a reservation is my ccard charged straight away, just used to hold the PS or do I pay when I get there? I am just worried that my DH will want to do something else the night of his birthday and I may have to cancel!::MinnieMo

This was one of the highlights of our family reunion. They picked my Dad to be in the show!! The grandkids were hysterical. They laughed sooo hard I thought they were going to be sick. I won't tell anymore , don't want to spoil it for anyone else. But you have to understand my Dad is a retired NYPD grade 1 Detective. Even at 75 yrs old hes pretty intimadating. So to see him hamming it up on stage to the cat calls of the audience was unbelievable. Of course we took loads of bribe pictures. The food was also very good. My 5 yr old niece ate more fried chicken then the guys. We were stunned and thought "where is she putting all that?". All in all our most memorable evening.;)

When we booked it, our credit card wasn't charged until we picked up the tickets at our resort. But I believe there is a cancellation charge if you don't cancel the day before the event. I would call and check on that.

Also, I was told by the CM when I booked that seats are assigned based on booking date. That was a few years ago (booked in '96 for a date in '98), but I know that we had front row ground floor seats. It was great!

We saw it last week for the first time anc LOVED it! :) (me, DH, DS9 & DD5) It was nice to be at Disney but do something different. I liked the chicken and DH liked the ribs...I also liked the sangria! :)

It was our first time over at Fort Wilderness and that was something different. While we were waiting the kids walked through the petting zoo - we loved the peacocks (look for the white male). It was/is mating season and the male was quite the show-off.

Hope you like it as much as we did!

Jill

My whole family across 4 generations loves this show and it's a must-doo every trip.;)

It's like one of those weird cult movies; you either "get it" or you don't, and when you do, you're hooked for life. Hope you get it!:sunny:

It's like one of those weird cult movies; you either "get it" or you don't, and when you do, you're hooked for life. Hope you get it!

ITA! We've been so many times, we know the entire dialogue by heart! Last time my mom and I went, it was the late show and some of the performers were obviously new. We knew when they flubbed lines and that only made it funnier for us!! :teeth:

Here's hoping you enjoy it as much as we do!

DH and I did this back in Dec '99...he was even picked to be on stage too! (he was the brave indian)

If it's your first time - you'll enjoy it. Plus - during December it's a 'holiday' themed show (along with the usal schtick)...so you'll get a bunch of christmas carols thrown in there too.

WOw is Disney at CHristmas time that good? WE can't wait to see this show. My DW was in total wow, cause she thought it was sold out.

Stinkerbelle - I never heard that before about the Christmas Carols. You always learn things on the DIS.

Isn't that the truth. I am just thankful that we can go again and see all the shows. I bet this is going to be one of the best shows.

I have not been in probably 10 years, BUT, I have the fondest family memories of this show from the two times we went when I was a small child. My dad was chosen both times to participate, and I just remember everyone having a great time and enjoying each other.

I really hope to return sometime soon and see how much I remember! =)

HIGHLY recommend it - I think you'll enjoy it =)

Last may was the third time seeing HDDR, and I absolutely loved it! I have always loved it, and my family has even been a part of the show twice. The food is great, served family style, and the entertainment is classic Disney!
You're going to have a great time! I would say arrive early and try for a table near the stage...ask when you arrive.

We have been 4 times (twice without children), and have reservations for our 5th visit. We still laught out loud at the jokes. And the food - after all the beer - who notices. LOL

Originally posted by kkmauch
I would say arrive early and try for a table near the stage...ask when you arrive.

Sorry, arriving early only gets you a longer time to wait before getting into the show. Your tables are pre-assigned ( location is printed on your ticket ), so it doesn't matter when you get there, your table will be the same. Of course, if the show isn't sold out, they may be able to move you, but I wouldn't count on getting much better seating with this plan either.

Hey if it is sold out, it will be that much more better. The room should be full of laughter. And why not, we will all be at WDW. WOoohooo for the Hoopty Doo Review and WOOooHooo for WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter