Hoop Dee Do Review HELP!

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
We have an ADR at Hoop Dee Do Review (HDDR) for 7:15. Originally our flight was due to come in that day at 3:17. Now our airline has made a "schedule change" to our flight times and we won't arrive until 5:22 pm that day. We are using Magical Express to the POFQ.

Since we are going during the Free Dining Promotion this Sept.,, the 9:30 show and other shows during our stay are sold out or unavailable, whatever they call it. To make matters worse, this trip is for my little guy's b-day.

Here's the question, do we have a snowball's chance in hell of making the show at 7:15 or should I just cancel the ADR and give up the dream of attending HDDR?:sad2:

Advice? :confused3

Sorry to say that I don't think you have a chance of making it. I would cancel and make alternate plans. Then check for cancellations from time to time. They do happen.

Personally I don't think you'll make the show if your flight doesn't arrive at MCO until 5:22. Keep calling for another day. They do get cancellations sometimes.

We have an ADR at Hoop Dee Do Review (HDDR) for 7:15. Originally our flight was due to come in that day at 3:17. Now our airline has made a "schedule change" to our flight times and we won't arrive until 5:22 pm that day. We are using Magical Express to the POFQ.

Since we are going during the Free Dining Promotion this Sept.,, the 9:30 show and other shows during our stay are sold out or unavailable, whatever they call it. To make matters worse, this trip is for my little guy's b-day.

Here's the question, do we have a snowball's chance in h*** of making the show at 7:15 or should I just cancel the ADR and give up the dream of attending HDDR?:sad2:

Advice? :confused3
I hate to be the Bad News Guy, but you really can't count on making it. Even if you had carry-ons only and rushed to a taxi at MCO, it would still be about 5:40 by the time you actually got there. Then figure 30 minutes to POFQ, so it's 6:10 p.m. [I say taxi rather than Disney's Magical Express or a car service because you can just walk right up and grab the next available taxi, but with DME you have to check in and then wait until the bus leaves, and with a car service you have to wait for the driver to retrieve the vehicle from the "bullpen" and then return to pick you up curbside.]

If you didn't take the time to check-in and you just dropped your carry-on luggage with Bell Services, it would probably be 6:20 when you exit POFQ. Luckily for you, the entrance to Fort Wilderness Campground is just down the road from POFQ, so a taxi would only take 5 minutes, so let's just say 6:30.

But once you get into FWC, I'm fairly certain the taxi can't take you all the way back to Pioneer Hall. You'd need to catch a FWC internal shuttle. Let's say between waiting and riding that takes 20 minutes, so now it's 6:50.

This is all assuming no traffic snarls, no bathroom stops, no flight delay.

If you can't see yourself doing this scenario, then cancel the Hoop ADR.

Sorry!:worried:

I would keep it for now. You're not leaving for 2 months - the airlines can make another schedule change.

In the meantime, I would call everyday for cancellations if you do get one for another day - I'd take it and cancel the day of arrival one.

Hope everything works out. This is why on day of arrival we do a resort day, the stress of something like this would kill me. :rotfl:

The only way I can think of to make it (even this is an extreme longshot) would be to take a cab. magical express is great, but you will have to wait a while in the line to check in and then for your resort bus.

Just keep checking back for the later show. You never know what may come open. I would cancel this one, since you have to put a card down on the reservation.

I wish it could work out, but don't see how it will. Just not enough time. :worried:

We've never used ME, but from what others have posted in the past, it can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes to get to your resort using ME :confused3. Even with the chance you make it to your resort within 60 minutes, that's already 6:30 and you still have to make your way to Fort Wilderness, which won't be quick being you'd have to take a bus to a park or DTD then transfer again to a bus going to FW. I would cancel but keep calling to see if a time at the later show opens up because people cancel all the time.

the only other thing i can think of is does ME have to take you to your resort? If they can take you to fort wilderness, then you can skip the POFQ part, and then just catch a taxi there and then check-in...

Could you possibly take the cab immediately to Ft. Wilderness. You could maybe arrange ahead of time to leave your bags at the front desk there and go to Hoop Dee Doo? I don't know if they allow it but I would ask. It's just another hotel on property, you're still a guest. Then after the show you could check-in at your own hotel? I would definately call and ask a supervisor at Ft. Wilderness, then they can refer you to any possible option.

OP can't do this she needs to be checked in for her free dining credits. You can't check in at another property.

Call the airlines and tell them the schedule change is going to make you miss a very important appointment and that you would like to hear alternatives that will get you to Orlando around the original scheduled time or sooner. Even if it means they must schedule you on another airline.

I think you should try the airline, too, and see if they can reschedule you without a charge. Can't hurt to try them before you cancel. It isn't your fault they changed the times. By chance, is it AirTran? They did that to us last trip.

I gotta agree....you will never make that. We arrived at 525 last march and didn't actually get to POR until 710....seriously.....you sometimes have to wait for a bus and then might have other stops before your hotel.....
Plus this is just my opinion.... we really hated Hoopdeedoo ....really hokey and loud and the one girls laugh is so grating....lots of people who had too much to drink as it's all the drinks you want!!
I would never do it again....but as i said just my opinion....

depending on where you are staying it might be worth just going to downtown disney or poly for dinner at Kona or something...what about chef mickeys...your son would love that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter